GUILTY PA - Daniel Toler for child *advertiser censored*, Highland Park, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
Caused by a divorce. Hmmm. Planned to have sex with 12 year olds. Taught 6th grade--full of 12 year olds. Makes one wonder.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_719059.html

Former Sunnyside [PA] math teacher sentenced for child *advertiser censored*

"A federal judge sentenced a former Pittsburgh Public Schools math teacher to six years and six months in prison on a child *advertiser censored* charge.

Daniel Toler, 49, of Highland Park pleaded guilty in June to possession of child *advertiser censored*. He collected images that included prepubescent children subjected to sadomasochistic assaults, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Soo Song...."

and

"....Toler had “crossed the line from fantasy” by spending months chatting online with someone he thought was a mother with a son and daughter, both 12, Song said. In fact, he was chatting with an undercover detective. Toler began discussing with the detective his plans to fly out to their location so he could have sex with the family, Song said...."

and (prepare yourself for the "excuse")

"Toler claimed his interest in child *advertiser censored* and in having sex with children was an aberration caused by loneliness and despondency after his divorce. “I went in a direction that just wasn’t me,”...."

and

"....Toler was a sixth-grade teacher at Sunnyside Elementary School in Stanton Heights..."

more at link

I have heard of developing a lot of things during a divorce, such as, overeating, undereating, depression, alchohol abuse, self esteem issues.

This is the first time I have heard divorce blamed for "developing" abherent, illegal, immoral sexual tendencies.

IMO, it's tremendously disparaging to all those who have weathered a divorce and steered far clear of harming children. I guess perp's will say anything to deflect the blame. I have a feeling his former wife and his children were not pleased with the statement.

IMO, it's tremendously disparaging to all those who have weathered a divorce and steered far clear of harming children. I guess perp's will say anything to deflect the blame. I have a feeling his former wife and his children were not pleased with the statement.

I agree. How many millions (myself included) have gone through a divorce and yet managed to stay away from kiddie *advertiser censored* or making a detailed plan to have sex with 12 year olds.

He makes me sick, and should be behind bars for the rest of his pathetic life.

MOO

Mel

ETA: six years and six months? Are you kidding me? This translates into 3 years, 3 months with good behavior. He'll then be free to prey again with no rehabilitation whatsoever (not that these predators can ever be rehabilitated).

And being a trained teacher, I can almost guarantee that he will seek out some way to access children--through volunteer work or tutoring.

I recently helped a friend of one of my adult children track down her childhood abuser. The man molested her when she was 11-13 at a Christian school and also when she was asked to babysit his younger children. She'd lived with the horrible secret for 25 years and also the guilt of never telling. It took me about a week to find him (another WSer helped) and guess what? RSO. Turns out that he'd been run out of one school after another when complaints came rolling in. So he found a school where volunteers weren't background checked and molested three young ladies--all around the age of 12. His MO didn't change at all. I checked his place of residence and learned that it's an apartment complex which is promoted as a family complex. Just wonderful. Trust me. Some young girl's going to need a bit of help with her homework and Mr. RSO will be ever at the ready.

Maybe this was the reason for his divorce. Makes you wonder what his family endured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back