AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

emma l

Reaction score
Dear Morgan,
We want you to know how special you are! You are a blessing we cannot live without. We feel cheated every day that goes by that we do not see your smile, hear your bubbly laughter or listen to your thoughts and ideas. We have never stopped believing that we will find you. We are saving all our hugs and kisses for you. Always know that you are loved. Most of all, don't ever give up. We will find you. We promise!
Love, Mom and Dad

I came across this letter on The Morgan Nick Foundation website and it broke my heart. Morgans parents believe she is still alive. PLEASE HELP US FIND THIS CHILD.

I was sure there was a thread for this little girl, but I couldn't find it.

Morgan Nick was abducted from an Arkansas ball park on June 9th 1995. She was 6 years old and incredibly beautiful. Witnesses saw a man talking watching Morgan as she played.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE COMPOSITE SKETCH OF THIS MAN AND AT MORGANS PHOTO . (See bottom of link page) DO YOU KNOW THEM??

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/morgann.htm -including composite sketch

Please also bear in mind that this is a sketch of this man as he would have looked in 1995. BUT SOMEBODY KNOWS HIM.
The witness also saw a red Ford pickup with a white camper parked nearby that disappeared at about the same time as the girl. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.

The unknown man was described at the time as Caucasian, approximately six-feet tall, in his late 20's or early 30's, muscular build with short dark colored, or black hair and a short mustache and beard (3 to 4 day growth of facial hair). The man was wearing only cut-off blue jean shorts (no shirt or shoes). Individuals who saw the man say his chest was "hairy" and his voice/dialect pattern was described as "hillbilly".

Does something look familiar about this sketch?? Do recognise the vehicle description?

A full several page article on Morgan and her family- be warned, I found it very upsetting
http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/nick/index.asp

http://www.morgannick.com/ The Morgan Nick Foundation website- set up to aid recovery of missing children. Theres is a Morgan Nick Alert system- like Amber. Also more information on little Morgan.

I have been following this case for a while, and am wondering if there's any breaks in the case. Has the vehicle ever been located or identified?

For Morgan.

Sorry missingchild- for some reason I didnt get my usual notification that you'd replied! In answer to your question there has been no movement in this case at all.

June 9th marks the 10 YEAR anniversary of the disapearance of Morgan Chauntel Nick. Does anyone live in the Arkansas area have any more information on Morgan?

Please go to her site and think of Morgan for a moment.

www.morgannick.com

She is so beautiful.

This case has always bothered me. It is so sad to think this could happen, so close to her mom and so many other people. I pray that Morgan is returned to her family soon.

lisag said:
This case has always bothered me. It is so sad to think this could happen, so close to her mom and so many other people. I pray that Morgan is returned to her family soon.

If Morgan is still alive, one day as an adult, she will remember and want to come home hopefully..... I pray that this is the case. Sadly we may never know what happened to Morgan...at least not in this lifetime.

<modsnip - off limits>

A small update on Nick which I wanted to post incase anyone out there had heard these rumours. Morgan IS STILL MISSING. Please think of her for a moment. www.morgannick.com
Alma: Police quell rumors about Morgan Nick
BY MICHELLE BRADFORD

http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?paper=adg&section=News&storyid=121842

Alma: Police quell rumors about Morgan Nick

The 10-year-old investigation into the disappearance of an Alma girl remains active, Alma police said Monday, because the case remains unsolved.

Alma Police Chief Russell White said his department has been flooded recently with calls from residents, the media and law enforcement, all asking about a rumor that Morgan Nick had been found alive. The rumors, White said, are false.

Calls about Morgan started pouring in to the Alma Police Department after missing Idaho 8-year-old, Shasta Groene, was found alive July 2, White said. "Our dispatcher cant keep up with the volume of calls," White said Monday. "Its been going on for a week solid. When you have other law enforcement agencies thinking shes been recovered, its time to put a stop to it. We dont need anyone stopping in the search for Morgan."

Even the FBI asked Alma police whether theyd solved the infamous Arkansas abduction, White said.

Morgan, 6, vanished June 9, 1995, from a downtown Alma ballpark. Police believe she was abducted by a man who witnesses saw hanging around the park in a red truck.

Morgans mother, Colleen Nick, said the recent rumors are painful.

Nick said the 10-year anniversary of Morgans abduction has rejuvenated interest in the case, as has the June filming of ABC televisions Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, featuring Nick and her family. "Who knows what starts rumors like this," Nick said Monday. "The heightened publicity, the TV show, Morgans on everybodys mind."

Nick and her children, Logan, 13, and Taryn, 11, are the shows recipients of a 6,000-square-foot home built last month in Alma.

The episode was supposed to air Sunday, but was pushed back indefinitely, an ABC spokesman said Monday.

The spokesman, who didnt want to be named, said the postponement is not related to the rumors regarding Morgan.

White issued a press release Monday, saying "Morgan has not been found, and these rumors are false."

White worries that someone with information about the case might mistakenly think its been solved. "Thats happened before," he said.

Alma police have dealt with rumors about Morgan in the past, but the talk quieted naturally without police addressing them publicly, White said. "This thing just keeps growing and growing," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Colleen Nick:

"These are all the programs over the next few days who will be talking about Morgan!

*CNN Headline News "Showbiz Report" 6 PM CST Interview with Paige from EMHE

*CMT - Kathy Matea 12:30 PM CST Saturday

*AMW - 8:00 PM CST - Saturday

Extreme Makeover - Sunday 6-8 PM CST"

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Wow! Thanks for posting that Kelly. I wish I caould get some of those shows over here in the UK.

I think about Jason all the time, we are a similar age. I hope you find him safe and sound.

It sure is a big coincidence that the FBI is suddenly asking questions now. Since the FBI was suddenly asking questions, at this time, that probably means they are checking for any connections to Duncan.

I have been seeing the previews on TV and wondered who the mom of a missing child was. I hope someone will see this and come forward.

I hope Morgan sees it. Actually we get extreme makeover home edition over here on some obscure channel soI'll be looking out for it................

This case had been on my mind. It might be too late to jog people's memories, but they need to do an artist's painting of the truck. It's so hard to read through a description like that and end up with a clear idea of what the vehicle looks like - and a clear, detailed composite of what the man looked like. Pictures are better.

Prayers she is found. What a sad story. My middle son is now working concessions at our local sports plex, and they are told in training to be on the constant look out for pedophiles - and watch people who don't seem to have a "function" at the park. Coaches, parents, kids, players, siblings, are all there, and among them, every weekend, are pedophiles lurking. Scary.

Just a reminder this was sent to a list I belong to:

ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and John Walsh, co-founder of the
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) teamed up to focus on the issue of missing children in a two hour special airing Sunday, August 14 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM CDT. The show highlights the abduction of 6-year-old Morgan Nick from Alma, Arkansas and the journey her family has endured since her disappearance ten years ago. Morgan’s mother, Colleen, and her siblings are the latest recipients of an Extreme Makeover and through telling their story hope to try and locate Morgan as well as other missing children across the country.

I saw the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition featuring Morgan's family. I cried through most of it. :( It was interesting to see the pictures of the missing children when John Walsh was on. I recognized most of them from reading here. Although I was cery disappointed that there was no information given on the little blond boy. Someone (can't remember who it was now) was talking when they featured his picture, and they never said his name. I hope that Morgan comes home to sleep in her purple room.

I saw most of the show but only taped the first hour! I did not realize it was broken up into 2 segments: 7-8 and 8-9. Can anyone who watched the second hour please list the children that were shown when John Walsh was talking? I would appreciate it!

It is so nice that Morgan's case and some other faces got national exposure. I hope some promising leads come in!

Usher737 said:
I saw most of the show but only taped the first hour! I did not realize it was broken up into 2 segments: 7-8 and 8-9. Can anyone who watched the second hour please list the children that were shown when John Walsh was talking? I would appreciate it!

It is so nice that Morgan's case and some other faces got national exposure. I hope some promising leads come in!
Usher, just now trying to watch the first segment right now on the East Coast. I will make it a point to take my clipbaord & pen for the second part so maybe I can catch the name.

ETA: The part just came on with them holding photos of the missing and when they got to the blonde headed little boy they didn't mention a name, what's up with that:confused:

Thanks so much but by some miracle my Tivo did tape the 2nd hour!!!! I think I just got so emotional and even my husband did (shocker) too that I did not notice.

The last boy shown is an age progression of Tristian "Buddy" Myers from North Carolina I believe.

That was very interesting! I once read that this man asked the girls 2 questions but LE will not devulge what they were. After all this time, I think the questions should be known. It might help to locate a suspect if this male is a serial offender.

I wonder what the surrounding area is like. If this man had a camper were all campgrounds in the area throughly checked and searched? Where is the closed wooded area from the ballfield? This case needs to be made a priority! With help from the public, it seems solvable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back