TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

For any of you sleuthers that have not seen
Citizen Jane
it is a must see and is on HLM @4p EST here. Please see it if you can! Thanks! :)

Yllek said:
She sure did change that story. I just read through a bunch of old posts. Billie's friend posted here that Billie confirmed she didn't talk to SA before going to the PD because "she didn't go home first". That is not consistent with what Billie told NG later. Even if some think Billie's inconsistencies could be chalked up to stress, domination, forgetfulness, drugs.. I can't believe for a second that she wouldn't remember exactly what she did when she supposedly first learned her daughter was missing; remember every detail as clear as day for the rest of her life. Just can't buy it. Lying about this critical discovery time is one of many huge red flags, imo. And, remember, it can't be blamed on anti-anxiety medication allegedly prescribed to numb the trauma of having a missing child (unless the story changes again and she also stopped by the doctor before going to the PD).

Okay, this is what confuses me. When I first heard about this case, I was suspicious of BD because it was said that she went straight to LE prior to going home. Then I heard her say on NG that she checked a couple of places and made phone calls prior to going to LE (which made more sense to me). Do we know for sure what she did? In a town that small, my first inclination would be to run to her friend's houses and/or call.

I wonder why her first stop was not MB's????????????????

Okay, this is what confuses me. When I first heard about this case, I was suspicious of BD because it was said that she went straight to LE prior to going home. Then I heard her say on NG that she checked a couple of places and made phone calls prior to going to LE (which made more sense to me). Do we know for sure what she did? In a town that small, my first inclination would be to run to her friend's houses and/or call.

BBM

And that would be every mother's inclination. Yet we find out that BD never went to MB's. MB's mother said she had never met BD and have never even seen her until BD appeared on the first NG. That was, is and continues to be a HUGE RED FLAG in my book.

We know she didn't visit MB 's home because MB's mother said she didn't even know what BD looked like till she saw her on TV and for ME, my first thought would be to get a hold of MB and then GO OVER and speak not only to the child BUT THE PARENT. Because i know how 13,14 yr olds can be lying to cover one another. Now please keep in mind, I don't think MB had ANYTHING to do with Hailey's disappearance, but BD wouldn't have known that AT THAT time. MY first instinct would have been MB was covering for my daughter ya know.. but I was a wild 13 yr old maybe BD had no reason to think that... I don't know..

For the past few days, I have attempted to link sources in my theories that were based, to some degree, on what others were posting as fact and what I recalled as confirmed. The only search results lead me back here to WS and Billie’s friend. I made a list of those that I traced back here to separate fact from what WS advises us to regard as rumor. I think it's important to do so as we try to figure out what happened to Hailey. Thought it might be helpful to others as well. I’m not suggesting that anyone shouldn’t believe or consider some/all of the information passed on from Billie’s friend, that’s an individual choice. I’m just thinking it’s gotten a little difficult to remember what we heard in MSM vs. NG vs. LE vs. straight from Billie’s mouth in interviews.

Below are the common statements that have come into theories lately that only trace back to Billie’s friend. A kind of cheat sheet so others don’t run in circles looking for the MSM, NG, or interview videos like I did!

1. Hailey wasn't afraid of SA because she got up in his face and screamed at him sometimes and Billie had to tell her to cool it. Source: Billie's friend when talking about how SA was possibly just an idiot and Hailey wasn't really afraid of him (though Billie's friend earlier stated that she barely knew SA and hadn't been around Hailey much for a couple of years). See Thread 24, page 21, post 513

2. Clint and his gf were evicted and had to move out of their house immediately because they were violating section 8 regulations (house was in gf’s name). Source: Billie's friend; around the time she posted that Billie wanted to make sure nobody held anything in Clint's past or future actions against Billie. (Couldn't find the direct quote; found many comments by other posters responding to it.)

3. Donna Byerley and Cecilia Garcia’s motives and characters are questionable. Source: Billie's friend and a couple of responding posters; just after the reporternews article that had brief interviews with both women. Neither criticized Billie, but both said that Hailey roamed unattended and both mentioned that Hailey didn't like SA and wanted to live with Clint (Mrs. Garcia was told by her daughter, MB, and Ms. Byerley was told by Hailey directly). See Thread 9, Page 25, Post 602
http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

4. Billie doesn’t know the third person (later determined to be J. Burroughs, hairdresser) that is highly credible and respected, who reportedly saw Hailey on 12/27 walking with a small child connected to someone questioned twice in this case (twice-interviewed person later interpreted to be Clint’s gf). Since the person is unknown to Billie, she is an unbiased source. Source: Billie’s friend. Billie later contradicted the claim that she doesn’t know this small business owner on NG and stated that they have known each other for years as the woman’s grandchildren grew up with Billie’s children (thus, she would recognize Hailey readily). See Thread 24, Page 22, Post 526. Direct quote:
I have learned that someone else saw Hailey Monday morning. Someone who has no reason to protect Billie or SA, and in fact doesn't even know them. This person saw Hailey more than once, and is sure that it was Hailey. LE is aware, has searched this person's house and interviewed them more than once. I am not trying to be vague about this - but I did not ask this person's permission to post. They were not told to keep it quiet, and I am not the only person who knows about it. Also, this sighting directly conflicts with what someone else told LE about seeing Hailey. Another person (child) was with Hailey. This makes three seperate sightings of Hailey on Monday (that I know of) after SA's phone placed him in Big Spring.

5. Clint’s gf told 2 different stories about whether Hailey had visited their house on 12/27. Source: Billie’s friend. MSM articles only quote Clint and his gf as telling LE that Hailey never came over to the house that day. Note: Jean C mentioned it on NG 3 weeks after Billie’s friend, but she didn’t say if it came from LE, friends of the family, or what – no source given.

6. Billie’s phone, in LE possession, is not answered and only goes to voicemail – unmonitored. Source: Billie told NG that both her phone and SA’s had be confiscated as evidence. Billie’s friend said on WS that when she/Billie called Billie's phone number it went straight to voicemail and no one would know if Hailey tried to call. (No one in LE has indicated that phones belonging to Billie and SA are not being monitored; nor have they revealed the answering/follow-up protocol for incoming calls.) See Thread 11, Page 10, Post 23 1/10/11 1:01 am

If anyone can find a MSM or interview source for any of the above, please share – I came up empty and want to stay legit when stating something as MSM-featured and/or LE-confirmed. TIA.

I'm trying to understand why BD didn't just go with the runaway theory? She has been adamant from the beginning that Hailey would not have run away.

I TOTALLY agree as a mother, my first stop would have been MB's not the CCPD...
My issue with MB's mother saying she didn't know what BD even looked like until NG, I find that very odd living in such a small community, having a child the same age, even if the girls had not been friends, would she never have seen BD at any store, school function, community function???? KWIM... BD lived there almost her entire life?

Also, IIRC BD's friend that posted here that SHE had issues with MB's mother in the past, leading us to believe the mom was not credible? Again, with the entire situation she had with MB's mom and she being best friends of BD, would MB's mom not be aware of what BD even looked like through that entire situation?

We know she didn't visit MB 's home because MB's mother said she didn't even know what BD looked like till she saw her on TV and for ME, my first thought would be to get a hold of MB and then GO OVER and speak not only to the child BUT THE PARENT. Because i know how 13,14 yr olds can be lying to cover one another. Now please keep in mind, I don't think MB had ANYTHING to do with Hailey's disappearance, but BD wouldn't have known that AT THAT time. MY first instinct would have been MB was covering for my daughter ya know.. but I was a wild 13 yr old maybe BD had no reason to think that... I don't know..

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? MBs mother didnt know what she looked like? HD is a cheerleader in a town in West Texas that lives and breathes sports? Not buying that!! MOO

For the past few days, I have attempted to link sources in my theories that were based, to some degree, on what others were posting as fact and what I recalled as confirmed. The only search results lead me back here to WS and Billie’s friend. I made a list of those that I traced back here to separate fact from what WS advises us to regard as rumor. I think it's important to do so as we try to figure out what happened to Hailey. Thought it might be helpful to others as well. I’m not suggesting that anyone shouldn’t believe or consider some/all of the information passed on from Billie’s friend, that’s an individual choice. I’m just thinking it’s gotten a little difficult to remember what we heard in MSM vs. NG vs. LE vs. straight from Billie’s mouth in interviews.

Below are the common statements that have come into theories lately that only trace back to Billie’s friend. A kind of cheat sheet so others don’t run in circles looking for the MSM, NG, or interview videos like I did!

1. Hailey wasn't afraid of SA because she got up in his face and screamed at him sometimes and Billie had to tell her to cool it. Source: Billie's friend when talking about how SA was possibly just an idiot and Hailey wasn't really afraid of him (though Billie's friend earlier stated that she barely knew SA and hadn't been around Hailey much for a couple of years). See Thread 24, page 21, post 513

2. Clint and his gf were evicted and had to move out of their house immediately because they were violating section 8 regulations (house was in gf’s name). Source: Billie's friend; around the time she posted that Billie wanted to make sure nobody held anything in Clint's past or future actions against Billie. (Couldn't find the direct quote; found many comments by other posters responding to it.)

3. Donna Byerley and Cecilia Garcia’s motives and characters are questionable. Source: Billie's friend and a couple of responding posters; just after the reporternews article that had brief interviews with both women. Neither criticized Billie, but both said that Hailey roamed unattended and both mentioned that Hailey didn't like SA and wanted to live with Clint (Mrs. Garcia was told by her daughter, MB, and Ms. Byerley was told by Hailey directly). See Thread 9, Page 25, Post 602
http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

4. Billie doesn’t know the third person (later determined to be J. Burroughs, hairdresser) that is highly credible and respected, who reportedly saw Hailey on 12/27 walking with a small child connected to someone questioned twice in this case (twice-interviewed person later interpreted to be Clint’s gf). Since the person is unknown to Billie, she is an unbiased source. Source: Billie’s friend. Billie later contradicted the claim that she doesn’t know this small business owner on NG and stated that they have known each other for years as the woman’s grandchildren grew up with Billie’s children (thus, she would recognize Hailey readily). See Thread 24, Page 22, Post 526. Direct quote:
I have learned that someone else saw Hailey Monday morning. Someone who has no reason to protect Billie or SA, and in fact doesn't even know them. This person saw Hailey more than once, and is sure that it was Hailey. LE is aware, has searched this person's house and interviewed them more than once. I am not trying to be vague about this - but I did not ask this person's permission to post. They were not told to keep it quiet, and I am not the only person who knows about it. Also, this sighting directly conflicts with what someone else told LE about seeing Hailey. Another person (child) was with Hailey. This makes three seperate sightings of Hailey on Monday (that I know of) after SA's phone placed him in Big Spring.

5. Clint’s gf told 2 different stories about whether Hailey had visited their house on 12/27. Source: Billie’s friend. MSM articles only quote Clint and his gf as telling LE that Hailey never came over to the house that day. Note: Jean C mentioned it on NG 3 weeks after Billie’s friend, but she didn’t say if it came from LE, friends of the family, or what – no source given.

6. Billie’s phone, in LE possession, is not answered and only goes to voicemail – unmonitored. Source: Billie told NG that both her phone and SA’s had be confiscated as evidence. Billie’s friend said on WS that when she/Billie called Billie's phone number it went straight to voicemail and no one would know if Hailey tried to call. (No one in LE has indicated that phones belonging to Billie and SA are not being monitored; nor have they revealed the answering/follow-up protocol for incoming calls.) See Thread 11, Page 10, Post 23 1/10/11 1:01 am

If anyone can find a MSM or interview source for any of the above, please share – I came up empty and want to stay legit when stating something as MSM-featured and/or LE-confirmed. TIA.

This deserves more than a thanks. Seriously, good sleuthing! Too many inconsistencies and a story that never stays straight.

I hate to bring it up again, but on the last thread there were quite a few posts about allegations of a blow-up or argument of some kind at Hailey's house just before Christmas. From what I recall, the only source for this info was the little girl, MB's mother, who said that she assumed that something happened because of a comment MB made to her mother. It sounded very "iffy" to me. I got the impression that the person who said it, (MB's mom), was making it clear that she simply suspected that a blow-up might have happened, not indicating it as a fact at all.

I know that this sounds like a very round-about question, but I don't want to let a rumor grow if that is what it is. If a blow-up is indeed confirmed, I agree it might be important, but I have not been able to find this in any official info listed as fact. Does anyone have a link to help me out?

I also noticed it was never questioned as to whether SA actually understood what Hailey said. It was taken for gospel that those were the exact words Hailey said, I would have grilled the person delivering that message a dozen time to make sure.

I'm trying to understand why BD didn't just go with the runaway theory? She has been adamant from the beginning that Hailey would not have run away.

Imo, because she would have been blamed, looked bad - would anyone have believed her when Hailey seemed to have many places to stay when things got heated at home? Everyone around her knows that Hailey didn't want to live there anymore, moved around a lot, and was reportedly asking to move in with Clint. The only scenario in Hailey's disappearance that absolves Billie and SA of any responsibility is abduction off the street. That's why I think they are trying so hard to place Hailey outside of the house on 12/27 - they want to point the investigation away from the home.

Btw: I keep wondering why we have heard nothing about Hailey or in support of Billie's from Billie's family. Not a peep. We know she has at least a mother and a brother that are local. Even SA's uncle stepped up and attested to the "gentleness" of his nephew in the press. This is odd to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth