Family necro-cannibalism! (Not for the squeamish)

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LUSAKA (Reuters) - [size=-1]Zambian police have arrested a man who exhumed, cooked and ate part of his grandson's corpse, police said Monday.[/size]
[size=-1]

Police spokeswoman Brenda Muntemba said a hunter found the man eating pieces of flesh in a graveyard in Milambo, 600 km (370 miles) north of the capital Lusaka.

"The man exhumed a corpse and cut off some flesh which he cooked in a pot and started eating ... we went to the grave of his grandson and verified that he had exhumed the body," Muntemba told Reuters.

Muntemba said police had no idea why the man, who had no history of madness, had started eating his grandson, who died in July. The man was charged with interfering with a dead body and also for trespass in the graveyard.

[/size]

I wonder which part he cut off and cooked?
LOL, I have to start reading something else other than this thread! I think it is warping me.

these things usually have religious connotations...like swallowing the loved one's soul, in certain cultures.

Reminds me of a famous Harlan Ellison story: A BOY AND HIS DOG. Don Johnson had his first screen role, when the story was adapted into a movie.

Dahmer did it because he didn't want them to leave him. Maybe this guy felt like he could keep a part of his grandson????

deputylinda said:
these things usually have religious connotations...like swallowing the loved one's soul, in certain cultures.
Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person that you will gain all of his/her knowledge.

bookbakery said:
Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person that you will gain all of his/her knowledge.
'

Maybe that lawyer from the other case should do something like that . . . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bookbakery said:

Some people believe that if you eat the brain of a deceased person you should be locked up and will most likely contract a terrible disease!

However some African tribal traditions DO dictate that the relatives of the deceased should eat their flesh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back