Oprah gives away 276 cars

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Oprah Winfrey surprised her 276-strong TV audience - when she gave every one of them a £15,000 new car.

She handed out the gifts to celebrate the start of her 19th season on US television.

Winfrey first called 11 men and women on to the stage and handed each of them the keys to a giftwrapped Pontiac G6.

She then had small boxes distributed to the rest of the audience, saying one contained the keys to another free car.

But when the boxes were opened, they all contained keys.

"Everyone gets a car," the hostess said, before leading them outside where the Pontiacs were parked.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1102496.html?menu=

Well she may have given away the keys, but she didn't pay for the cars or anything else she gave away that day. I would have to say that I don't think anyone else could have gotten it done, but I still can't stand her. :angel:

Jeana... briefly, why is it you can't stand Oprah?

I think she is a brilliant business woman, great actress and her show is fun and inspirational. All I see in her eyes is compassion and she is a great humanitarian.

I love her acting as well. I wish she had stuck with that!! I remember when her show started that I tried to never miss a show and like I said no one else could have gottent those companies to donate over $7 million worth of goods and services, so my hat's off to her. I watched a show of her's onee day not too long ago when I was home one afternoon. She took a bunch of gifts and people to Africa and made a huge impression on so many kids that I think I cried for the whole hour. Somewhere she "Trumped" out and lost herself. I don't know her personally of course, but she doesn't seem like the same person. I honestly don't see how she could have going from ZERO to billions. I just can't stand that type of arrogance that she has. Donald Trump has it; Jerry Jones has it. They may all be brilliant business people and I very much appreciate that the use of her name can get businesses to donate things to charity, I just don't care to watch her.

Cool.. :)

I was wondering if it had something to do with that texas beef fiasco.

You have to admit she is better than Jerry Springer LOL

I like her shows when she has big celebrities on... I don't watch it very often though.

Casshew said:
Cool.. :)

I was wondering if it had something to do with that texas beef fiasco.

You have to admit she is better than Jerry Springer LOL

I like her shows when she has big celebrities on... I don't watch it very often though.

LOL The only thing that bothers me about that Texas lawsuit is that she made our local Phil McGraw a household name!!! I can't stand him either!!!!! Maybe about 5 minutes of him, but then he gets on my very last nerve!!!!

Jeana (DP) said:
LOL The only thing that bothers me about that Texas lawsuit is that she made our local Phil McGraw a household name!!! I can't stand him either!!!!! Maybe about 5 minutes of him, but then he gets on my very last nerve!!!!
I am with you on that one DP ~ Dr. Phil overload with a satruated presence. I can't stand him anymore.

his wife seems like a nice lady though :)

I love Oprah, but I got bored with her show when she started that series about working on your soul...it lasted for about two years. A lot of the audience seemed lost.....When you see a flower can you see the perfection of God's love? Stuff like that...boring.....

Oprah is building a school in Africa for girls.....it is a wonderful thing :)

I only watched half the show yesterday....it was exciting to watch.

I love her "favorite things" shows. The audience goes nuts and they get a lot of great gifts.

I like the Dr. Phil family series.....I'm amazed how some families are willing to tell all of their dirty secrets to the world.....

I love Oprah and think she does a lot of great things for many people. I'm definately going to tune in today with Lori Hacking's mom. I was shocked to know someone couldn't stand her....I've never heard anything negative about her from anyone I know, but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course :) I'm not much of a Phil fan, but his son bugs me even more than he does.

JMO,
Sassy

aside from Oprah NOT paying for any of the cars and getting all the credit.... now all these people have to pay $7000.00 tax for their "gifts".

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/22/news/newsmakers/oprah_car_tax/index.htm?cnn=yes

For a brand new Pontiac G-Six, the model given away on the show, the sticker price is $28,500. The $28,500 would need to be claimed as income so, depending on the individuals tax bracket, the tax could be as high as $7,000. And that was after Pontiac agreed to pay most of the local charges, including state sales tax and licensing fees.

i was an on-stage guest on oprah. (see adoption story for some details). was flown to the show in texas during beef trial. have lots to say about how i was treated. but she DIDN'T GIVE ME A FREAKING CAR!!! :confused: :banghead: :D ...had a great time though, first class all the way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back