GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Because they where being mouthy! This is just sick:maddening:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...astating-double-homicide-in-new-tampa/1148176

TAMPA — Julie Schenecker was sick of her teenage children talking back to her, police say, so on Saturday she bought a pistol and planned their murder and her suicide.
She shot her 13-year-old son after driving him home from soccer practice at 7 p.m. Thursday. Then she walked upstairs and shot her 16-year-old daughter in the back of the head as she did homework, an arrest affidavit states.
With their blood on her clothing, she remained in the Tampa Palms house all night. Police didn't arrive until the next morning, after Schenecker's mother called them from Texas, worried because she couldn't reach her daughter, whom she believed was depressed.
Schenecker admitted to killing her children, police said. She showed no remorse.
Authorities charged her with two counts of first-degree murder.
They're not satisfied with her explanation. Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy wouldn't even refer to it as a motive.
"She did tell us that they talked back and they were mouthy," she said.
Neighbors said they've seen police cars at the home at 16305 Royal Park Court before, although not often. The Department of Children and Families confirmed it investigated the family about two months ago, but the case was unfounded and closed. Spokesman Terry Field said he couldn't provide more details.

This just brought tears to my eyes.

A quick google of Calyx shows she was a cross country runner.

Their dad is an Army Colonel?

Horribly, horribly sad for this entire family and Army family.

Julie Powers Schenecker's Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1116987714#!/profile.php?id=1116987714&sk=wall

Something had to go terribly, terribly wrong. Seemingly beautiful woman with varied interests, and lovely friends. So sad.

The woman in the "perp walk" video looks so incredibly different from her facebook photo! Not saying this is what happened, but the difference in photos reminds me of the "what meth does to a person" before and after pictures. Something had to have been going on with her, and her poor children paid the price.

How horribly sad all the way around. She looks almost catatonic. This is just so sad. :(

TAMPA - Police say Julie Schenecker's mother told her she was depressed. But what they say happened next is hard for any parent to imagine.

"She has admitted to committing these crimes, of taking the lives of her two children," said Tampa Police Spokesperson Laura McElroy.

Calyx Schenecker, 16, and Beau Schenecker, 13, were found in their New Tampa home Friday, shot to death.

Police went to the home in the Ashington Reserve
snipped

The video of her is disturbing, to me she is not in her right mind, but how could you be after this crime.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/new-tampa-double-homicide-012811

My DH and I watched the Video, clearly she was not in her right mind. For instance when the LE got to her house 24 hrs later they found her in the back yard with blood on her clothing. According to the news we watched tonight she admitted to the killings and hadn't cleaned up the crime scene, disposed of the bodies or tried to escape.

Sad

I find this case odd only because the children are teenagers. I wonder what has happened in this womans life to simply go off the deep end and do away with these beautiful young lives? From all accounts, they lived in a wealthy neighborhood and the children were good students. You never know....

You're right - she looks like someone who has completely lost her mind. Search her on Facebook and you can tell it's the same person, but so different (and apparently sane). Her husband is deployed in Qatar - according to your link. So horribly sad.

More info here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318888

Apparently the boy was shot in the car on the way to soccer practice and then returned home and shot the girl at the computer doing her school work. She said they were being "mouthy."

More info here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318888

Apparently the boy was shot in the car on the way to soccer practice and then returned home and shot the girl at the computer doing her school work. She said they were being "mouthy."

There is another thread on this subject, maybe we should merge! The article in the other thread, IIRC, states that the boy was shot in the garage after RETURNING from soccer practice.

I don't know which article has the real facts, but it really disturbs me that two main stream media can't get the facts straight: One of them has to be wrong, right?

does she look like she's on drugs to anyone else?

and did they stuff cotton in her mouth or something? what is she chewing on?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110129...kaW9uX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNwb2xpY2V3aWZlb2Y-

Police: Wife of Army officer kills her 2 children

"The wife of a military officer shot and killed her son on the way to soccer practice, then drove to their upscale home and shot her daughter in the head while she studied at her computer, police said Friday. Afterward, the woman told detectives she killed the teens for being "mouthy."

Julie Powers Schenecker admitted the slayings after officers found her covered in blood on the back porch of her home Friday morning, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Schenecker's mother had called police from Texas because she was unable to reach the 50-year-old woman, who she said was depressed and had been complaining about her children...."

more at link

From the link above:

"...recently Parker Schenecker [the children's father] had picked up his wife's carpooling shift while she recovered from a serious car crash that happened about a month ago. Details of the accident weren't immediately available...."

My heart just breaks for this seemingly happy family. Could the mother have experienced a serious head injury that was undiagnosed? We've been reading so much about suicide and violent behavior linked to concussions (even in the new National Geo) that I have to wonder.

My prayers are with the father and the rest of the family. What a horrid tragedy.

Friends, neighbors hold vigil for teen murder victims in Tampa

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...s-hold-vigil-for-teen-murder-victims-in-Tampa

Calyx, 16, and Beau, 13, were found shot to death Friday morning in their New Tampa home. Detectives said their mother, Julie Schenecker, is to blame.
The loss is really hitting home, particularly for the young people who knew Calyx and Beau.
Hundreds of people lit candles and marched from Hampton Park to the Ashington Reserve subdivision where Calyx and Beau lived.
Once they arrived at the subdivision, they stood outside the gated community, hugging, crying, and remembering their friends.

Officials responded to the family's residence in New Tampa after receiving a call from Julie Schenecker's mother, who lives in Texas, claiming she was worried after she received a depressing email from her daughter.
When police arrived on scene they found both Calyx, 16, and Beau, 13, shot to death and their mother covered in blood. They then found a note in which the mother described how she planned to kill them and herself.
Schenecker was arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
Schenecker is married to Parker Schenecker, 48, a U.S. Army colonel who is currently stationed in Qatar. He is expected to return to the Bay area next week. Friends say as soon as he heard the news, he began heading home to Tampa.

The news said they found the mom covered in their blood. they showed her being taken to the cruiser she was trembling and in bad shape.

This so sad .. and of course she just bought the gun .. she was going to shoot herself but didn't.
I hate the crime but I hate it that once again a GUN was used .. there is so much going on about guns and I hate that it will start all the Gun haters trying to push gun control.

I was posting this when another was posting sorry I guess they need to be merged ..

I posted a thead to this ..I am sorry and it looks like someone else did too. How can we merge threads to yours you had posted yours way before we did.. again sorry for dup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah