TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47 Thread #48

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.

Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. :heart: Hailey.

There should be searches going on today right? Anyone know where?

I read that there could be very cold temps Monday and Tuesday and possibly even sleet or snow.

I believe I've read the organized searches are Wed and Sat?

Regarding "the man who threatened Hailey and I" that BD states has not been talked to nor found by LE. I was thinking about who the heck this could be and remembered one of the neighbors saying their child was bitten by one of BD's dogs around a year ago? Am I remembering this correctly? Could the man who threatened them be related to the dog incident? Just a thought.

Dogs? That right I heard them barking in one of the interviews. Are they inside dogs or outside dogs? The yard isn't completely fenced who walks the dogs?
Did neighbors hear the dogs barking in the a.m. on Monday or any time during the night?

About the polygraphs and CD not taking one...

I do not recall any MSM reference insinuating that LE only asked BD and SA to take a poly and not CD. In contrast, from everything I've seen /read, and according to BD herself---BD and SA OFFERED to take a poly, as did CD. Just so happens SA and BD took theirs first and after the results...well, IMO LE didn't see a need to administer one to CD; since BD and SA OFFERED and FAILED - they sorta hung themselves.

GRACE: We are taking your calls. I want to go back to Hailey Dunn`s mother. Ms. Dunn, I was very impressed when you volunteered to take a polygraph test. It was not like cops asked you and you hum-hawed around. You went and you took the polygraph. You kicked -- you didn`t kick the boyfriend out, but you told him to leave. Ms. Dunn, but I`m concerned that you seem nervous. And many people construe that to believe, to mean, that you are afraid your live-in, the boyfriend, had something to do with Hailey`s disappearance.

OK, I`m not -- can Billie not hear me right now? Can you get her IFB corrected? Liz, yes, no? OK, while I`m waiting on the chance to go back to Billie, let`s go to Marc Klaas. Weigh in, Marc.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: I think one of the reasons that so many people are confused by these stories is that the inconsistencies aren`t only coming from the family. And let me give you a couple of quick examples.

On December 31st, Police Chief John Biven (ph) said his department considers Hailey a runaway, and that`s what the evidence demonstrates. On January 10th, law enforcement said that Hailey`s case has always been approached from two different angles, runaway and criminal. On January 10th, a DPS trooper told a meeting of Colorado City middle school students that he`s confident that Hailey`s alive and in hiding. Later that day, he said there`s no evidence to support that assertion. And it gets worse from there.

GRACE: OK. I think I have Billie Dunn back. Billie, can you hear me?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: OK, Billie, I want very much to believe you, and I was very impressed that you volunteered to take that polygraph. Nobody made you do it. And they couldn`t make you do it. But you did it all on your own.

BILLIE DUNN: Right.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

GRACE: ...Before you judge her too harshly for failing that polygraph, she`s the one that volunteered to take the polygraph, all right? She asked for the polygraph. She is the one that called us and said, Hey, I flunked the poly, and then I was questioned for 10 straight hours.

BILLIE DUNN: Thanks for having us again. I don`t know. They had me very faithful (ph) in that test. We brought the polygraph up first. We asked for it, and they were told us -- they told us they were very confident in those tests. They -- I put a lot of confidence into those tests.

The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Yes, searches set up from the LRC training are going on today. There are other smaller groups that are searching separate from that. No idea where. Cohesiveness and organization of all the groups seems to be hard to locate on this one. So, not sure what or who has searched where, KWIM?

I think we are both right actually this article says they migrate south however some stay behind BBM

Turkey vultures breed throughout Texas but typically migrate south in the winter. Although some stay year-round, most spend the winter in Central America. Black vultures also migrate and may travel as far south as Brazil. Both are common in open country, woodlands, fields and farms, with black vultures more likely to be found near human settlements and garbage dumps.

http://www.passporttotexas.com/birds/oct00.html

Just a reminder on polygraphs:
- the Courts have found that they are not scientific and cannot be used as evidence.
- Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, passed a polygraph.
- Aldrich Ames, spy for the Soviet Union, passed polygraphs.
- Bill Wegerle, who was falsely convicted of killing his wife (actually killed by BTK), failed a polygraph twice.

Can someone post the thread number we were on when the affidavits were released? Someone nicely posted a link where I downloaded the PDF file, but now I can't find it on my computer. I went to the Big Country Site, but it said the file damaged. :banghead:

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could provide me. I'm on dial-up and it's a pain to try to download something. I searched my computer for the file, but I can't find it. However, I found stuff from 2005! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: LOL

Thank you very much!

For those posters that have been around WS for a while on these missing child cases, how unusual is it to have a suspect two weeks into the case?

I only wish the cases I had been on here, there was direction toward to suspect so early.

Of course I think Casey Anthony was an exception to the rule as far as my cases. So I have to wonder what evidence does LE have?

Continuing a discussion with BeanE from the last thread:

If I am not mistaken, you stated that there is a distinction between being told that your results on a LDT were "deception indicated" and being told that you failed the test. In other words, when the affidavit says they asked her to explain the results of her test, and Billie was unable to do so, she was not told she had "failed" the test, per se, but that deception had been detected?

If this is the case, I can see why she BELIEVED she had been told she had failed. If she had passed, what would she need to explain? I probably would have assumed that, when asked to explain why I was "being deceptive", I was being told I had "lied" and had, in essence, "failed".

For those posters that have been around WS for a while on these missing child cases, how unusual is it to have a suspect two weeks into the case?

I only wish the cases I had been on here, there was direction toward to suspect so early.

Of course I think Casey Anthony was an exception to the rule as far as my cases. So I have to wonder what evidence does LE have?

Grandma I've only been here a couple of years but I know with Sylar Newton for one...his guardians were suspects early on and with H. Cummings-Misty was stated as the 'key' very early in the case. HTH a little.

ETA Here's what I *think* put him in this position....
last person to see her
going to work then leaving after ten minutes then lying about it
he's threatened violence before
couldn't take two poly's due to drugs then showed deception in the 3rd

then you throw in my opinion only....
his hobbies
claims to love Hailey but has helped in no way whatsoever in helping find her

There's more .... that's off the top of my head.

Yes Misty was named a Key and never has had the "suspect" attached by LE. Gotta wonder if it is the difference in Police Departments.

As I was just reading the Affidavit again I noticed that at first Shawn's mother gave permission for her computer to be searched. That computer was picked up by LE on December 30. On January 5 Investigators were informed that she was on the way to pick up her computer. They immediately placed the computer into evidence and stopped downloading information.

So my question is this? Does that correlate (January 5, 2011) to the day Shawn hired an attorney?

Yes Misty was named a Key and never has had the "suspect" attached by LE. Gotta wonder if it is the difference in Police Departments.

As I was just reading the Affidavit again I noticed that at first Shawn's mother gave permission for her computer to be searched. That computer was picked up by LE on December 30. On January 5 Investigators were informed that she was on the way to pick up her computer. They immediately placed the computer into evidence and stopped downloading information.

So my question is this? Does that correlate (January 5, 2011) to the day Shawn hired an attorney?

Not sure if it was the day he hired an attorney, but pretty sure it was the day he had his poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10