If JonBenet's death was an accident...

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
Many of us believe that JonBenet's death was an accident that was covered up to look like a murder by an unknown intruder. If that's true, then why didn't the Ramseys show the same emotions in public as other parents who have lost a child? If Patsy bashed JonBenet with a flashlight by accident, and she had no intention of killing her, wouldn't that still cause them immense grief? Wouldn't they still be a wreck during interviews?

Also, the Ramseys constantly repeated that they had nothing to do with JonBenet's death and an unknown intruder killed her. Okay, then why didn't they at least attempt to put on an act during interviews to be like other murdered children's parents? It's not like they didn't even try.

If something that you did caused your child to die, wouldn't that still destroy you?

Many of us believe that JonBenet's death was an accident that was covered up to look like a murder by an unknown intruder. If that's true, then why didn't the Ramseys show the same emotions in public as other parents who have lost a child? If Patsy bashed JonBenet with a flashlight by accident, and she had no intention of killing her, wouldn't that still cause them immense grief? Wouldn't they still be a wreck during interviews?

Also, the Ramseys constantly repeated that they had nothing to do with JonBenet's death and an unknown intruder killed her. Okay, then why didn't they at least attempt to put on an act during interviews to be like other murdered children's parents? It's not like they didn't even try.

If something that you did caused your child to die, wouldn't that still destroy you?

eileenhawkeye,
Probably because they were playing a scripted role, with legal advice going in one ear, and friendly advice leaving the other.

Like the staged crime-scene , they saw the aftermath as a damage limitation exercise. Something to get through, to say non-incriminating things, to blame others, and lay a trail of lies and deceit.

It has to start with Patsy opening the door still wearing yesterdays clothes!

One cant afford to lose control of their emotions while having to watch every word they say.

I think they dont want any attention. They closed that chapter of their lives that morning and dont want to go back. Not to protect themselves or each other but to protect their son. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

I also have to wonder if it was an arrogance thing, sort of like, "We have money and connections. We aren't going to jail so why bother crying on TV? Why does it matter if some random person watching TV thinks we're guilty?" The R's probably knew they would never be convicted so why even bother putting on a show? Who cares if everyone in America thinks you're guilty as long as you're not in jail?

I also have to wonder if after her death, if they developed a sort of "dislike" for JonBenet. Did they blame JonBenet for them going from having the perfect fairy-tale life to having to spend millions on lawyer fees, constant media and public scrutiny, and Patsy's cancer coming back, etc? If JonBenet hadn't died, they would still be living the dream life. (Although I'm sure John still has plenty of money and still lives the dream life compared to many Americans, but it's probably a step down from their 1996 life.)

Here we go again.

I also have to wonder if it was an arrogance thing, sort of like, "We have money and connections. We aren't going to jail so why bother crying on TV? Why does it matter if some random person watching TV thinks we're guilty?" The R's probably knew they would never be convicted so why even bother putting on a show? Who cares if everyone in America thinks you're guilty as long as you're not in jail?

I also have to wonder if after her death, if they developed a sort of "dislike" for JonBenet. Did they blame JonBenet for them going from having the perfect fairy-tale life to having to spend millions on lawyer fees, constant media and public scrutiny, and Patsy's cancer coming back, etc? If JonBenet hadn't died, they would still be living the dream life. (Although I'm sure John still has plenty of money and still lives the dream life compared to many Americans, but it's probably a step down from their 1996 life.)

You may be onto something, eileen.

Beck I agree with you 100%!! But they were not that well scripted UK Guy, and I don't mean this disrespectfully to your post, as I agree with you.. They spent a LOT of time defending themselves, but really showed NO rightous anger! That was the caveat to me. I would have been so angry at this stranger, I would have been spitting nails. Maybe not down the road, years later, but if anyone took, harmed or killed my child, I would have damned them to hell and everyone that heard me talk would know it! It would have taken me a LONG time to get over my anger.

EXACTLY.
it's one of the HUGE reasons I don't believe JB's death was an accident if RDI.
okay some could say everything we saw was a script and probably behind the scenes they DID feel sorry and guilty for the accident.
I just don't buy it.

They are way too arrogant,like they outsmarted everybody.No remorse,nada.
Maybe it wasn't planned but it wasn't "just an accident" either.The bizarre sick staging (IF there was one) tells me the same thing.

It's also one of the reasons I disagree with ST's theory.Maybe it's more complicated than a bed wetting issue/accident/cover-up,actually I am sure of it and I am not sure of many things in this case.Not at all.

I don't get this

2 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, you hope that she didn't

3 suffer. And if I let myself think beyond that,

4 it's too difficult. But my hope is that she didn't

5 suffer.

but then

17 JOHN RAMSEY: Well I think, obviously we

18 know it was an intruder, first of all. We spend

19 some time with John Douglas, who is a profiler for

20 the FBI, and he basically said it's someone that

21 you know. It's somebody that's been in the house

22 and it's somebody that's angry with you or

23 jealous. And, you know, we try to put that box

24 around it. We come up and say that we don't know

25 anybody that evil. And so it's very difficult for

1 us to say, well you know it must have been

2 so-and-so, because we don't know anybody that

3 evil.

2 So I wonder if those, either of those two events

3 might have elevated us into the cross hairs of

4 this maniac.

9 JOHN RAMSEY: (It.̃ I don't feel I have

10 (INAUDIBLE). I mean, I don't know. I mean, I in my

11 mind think that there's one person; one creature.

intruder,angry,evil,evil,maniac,creature

how can you hope then that she didn't suffer?denial?or just touching bla bla?
it's obvious that if there was an angry evil evil maniac intruder she DID suffer
and this was not the time to be in denial if you wanted to help catch this guy

contradiction

12 LOU SMIT: Do you have a mental picture of

13 this person?

14 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't. I thought about that.

15 Again, that's too hard to think about.

--------------------

You must have a mental picture of the type of

20 person this is. I mean, in your mind. I know I

21 have a mental picture of various people that I

22 would look at. But I'm sure you think about this

23 all the time.

24 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, absolutely, everyday.

It's also one of the reasons I disagree with ST's theory.Maybe it's more complicated than a bed wetting issue/accident/cover-up,actually I am sure of it and I am not sure of many things in this case.Not at all.

Madeleine, I was reading some old school, 2006 WS,
and .... sigh, what 10% details have been reported correctly?
JBR case is a sea of contradictions, but for the definitive nature of the dna.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-40840.html

Arndt admitted she doesn't have the answers as to who did what that Christmas night to the 6-year-old who, in death, became the nation's most famous child beauty queen.

"Nobody does," Arndt said. "But I have the information, for somebody else who might. All the information is there."

She said 90 percent of the case details have not been disclosed accurately.

Madeleine, I was reading some old school, 2006 WS,
and .... sigh, what 10% details have been reported correctly?
JBR case is a sea of contradictions, but for the definitive nature of the dna.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-40840.html

Arndt admitted she doesn't have the answers as to who did what that Christmas night to the 6-year-old who, in death, became the nation's most famous child beauty queen.

"Nobody does," Arndt said. "But I have the information, for somebody else who might. All the information is there."

She said 90 percent of the case details have not been disclosed accurately.

She appears to be suggesting that there was an anti-Ramsey spin put on things, IMO with details not 'disclosed accuragely'. A bit like what we are discussing now about her losing sight of JR for a period has been misinterpreted to be either "he went for his mail" or "he went to the basement to move JBR's body". When in fact, all that happened is that she was doing 'something else' and didnt' keep track of him.

She appears to be suggesting that there was an anti-Ramsey spin put on things, IMO with details not 'disclosed accuragely'. A bit like what we are discussing now about her losing sight of JR for a period has been misinterpreted to be either "he went for his mail" or "he went to the basement to move JBR's body". When in fact, all that happened is that she was doing 'something else' and didnt' keep track of him.

How could she keep track of him? Her "doing something else" consisted of keeping an eye on the other people in the house. I doubt she was doing much else. If she followed JR, she'd leave the others free to wander. At this point it wasn't a murder. JB was still presumed to me missing and kidnapped. The behavior of both parents must have been suspicious to her, and no matter what she chose to do, it wouldn't be the right thing. The chief of police really did drop the ball on her.

interesting comment from JR- his daughter was bashed on the head hard enough to punch a hole in her head and crack it halfway around her skull. She has had a cord wrapped so tightly around her neck that a deep red furrow was made. (while she was alive). And something caused her to bleed from her vagina. And he likes to think she "didn't suffer"? How did he think it would have felt to her?
Of course, if you read between the lines- if the head bash came first, she was knocked unconscious immediately and wouldn't have felt the pain of the strangulation. As she didn't struggle against it, I'd say that is probably the case. So what JR was really saying was that he KNEW she didn't suffer.

How could she keep track of him? Her "doing something else" consisted of keeping an eye on the other people in the house. I doubt she was doing much else. If she followed JR, she'd leave the others free to wander. At this point it wasn't a murder. JB was still presumed to me missing and kidnapped. The behavior of both parents must have been suspicious to her, and no matter what she chose to do, it wouldn't be the right thing. The chief of police really did drop the ball on her.

I'm thinking that the women were in the room with PR who was distraught. JR was most likely with the men. LA probably had a choice as to whether she stayed with PR or went to stay with the men. I'm thinking she chose PR. Does this make JR 'missing'. I think not. Let's hear from whoever has statements from the other people present that none of them saw JR during that 80 minute period. Then I'll agree that we was 'missing'.

interesting comment from JR- his daughter was bashed on the head hard enough to punch a hole in her head and crack it halfway around her skull. She has had a cord wrapped so tightly around her neck that a deep red furrow was made. (while she was alive). And something caused her to bleed from her vagina. And he likes to think she "didn't suffer"? How did he think it would have felt to her?
Of course, if you read between the lines- if the head bash came first, she was knocked unconscious immediately and wouldn't have felt the pain of the strangulation. As she didn't struggle against it, I'd say that is probably the case. So what JR was really saying was that he KNEW she didn't suffer.

I guess he could read the autopsy report, same as us.

I guess he could read the autopsy report, same as us.

He said he never read it. Though the autopsy does not mention her suffering or lack of anyway. As it also does not make clear whether the head blow came first, one can only form one's own opinions as to whether she suffered, depending on whether you view the cause of the vaginal bleeding as causing her pain. I think it did- that's why she screamed. The scream led to the head bash, IMO.

He said he never read it. Though the autopsy does not mention her suffering or lack of anyway. As it also does not make clear whether the head blow came first, one can only form one's own opinions as to whether she suffered, depending on whether you view the cause of the vaginal bleeding as causing her pain. I think it did- that's why she screamed. The scream led to the head bash, IMO.

Oh, now you're saying he never read the report. But in the previous post you criticised him for saying he hoped she didn't suffer and commented:

"interesting comment from JR- his daughter was bashed on the head hard enough to punch a hole in her head and crack it halfway around her skull. She has had a cord wrapped so tightly around her neck that a deep red furrow was made. (while she was alive). And something caused her to bleed from her vagina. And he likes to think she "didn't suffer"? How did he think it would have felt to her? "

So, if he didn't read the report then he wouldn't have known the details, therefore, I expect, this is what allowed him to "hope she didn't suffer".

Let's just assume he was telling the truth and he didn't read the Autopsy report. Someone (cops, lawyers) just told him she was probably head bashed first and didn't suffer OK??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back