SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
campbell_aj.jpg

AJ Campbell Jr.

Endangered Missing from Goliad, Texas since September 6, 1958

Age: 11 months -- Height: 2'2" -- Weight: 25 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

AJ has a birthmark on his eyelid and below his lower lip. His thumbs are clubbed at the ends.

campbell_myrisha.jpg

Myrisha Faye Campbell

Endangered Missing from Goliad, Texas since September 6, 1958

Age: 3 -- Height: 2'6" -- Weight: 28 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

AJ and Myrisha were last seen in Goliad, Texas on September 6, 1958. The children's father, AJ Campbell Sr., had court-ordered visitation with them on weekends. He took them for a ride and never returned them.

William Randall Jr. was the last person to see AJ and Myrisha other than their father. He stated that he and their father picked them up and drove Randall's car through Cuero, Texas and Gonzales, Texas, stopping along the way to pick up two large cans of lard. When they were about 3 miles outside Goliad, Campbell Sr. asked him to stop because he wanted to see a friend. Randall stopped the car and got out, and Campbell Sr. drove off without him, with both kids still inside the vehicle. About 30-40 minutes later, Campbell Sr. returned to get Randall, but the kids were not with him. He said he went to visit his brother-in-law, but they had argued, and he left the kids with another relative. Campbell Sr. seemed nervous and agitated, asked if he had any blood on him, and warned Randall to tell no one about the fight. They drove to San Antonio, Texas and then separated. Campbell Sr. was supposed to meet Randall at a bus stop at midnight the next day to return his car but he never showed up. Randall took a bus to Fort Worth, Texas and then reported his car stolen.

The next day, Campbell Sr. spoke with a Fort Worth, Texas minister by phone, implying that he had killed his children. He said they were "at rest with the world" and that he was now going to kill himself. His body was later found inside Randall's vehicle near Austin, Texas. He left a note for AJ and Myrisha's mother saying he had "buried both children", that he loved the children and her, and hoped she would be happy. There was no indication of the children's whereabouts and, despite an extensive search, they have never been found.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Carrollton man trying to solve 52-year-old kidnapping case

Phil Robertson is no cold-case detective, but he has spent years trying to find the missing pieces to a mystery that once captured headlines throughout Texas.

“Father Kills Self; Two Tots Missing” announced The Dallas Morning News on Sept. 8, 1958. The article described a statewide search for two children kidnapped by their father before he took his own life.

The story remained in the news for days (“100-Man Posse Continues Search for 2 Missing Tots”) until the clues ran dry (“Hope Dims In Hunt for Tots’ Bodies”). No trace of the children was ever found.

For Robertson, a Carrollton business owner, it’s more than just a story from the yellowed pages of a newspaper.

The two youngsters — Myrisha Faye Campbell, 3, and her 11-month-old brother, A.J. Campbell Jr. — were from his mother’s first marriage. For her sake, he has spent years trying to learn their fate.

Much more: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...ying-to-solve-52-year-old-kidnapping-case.ece

Prayers for this mother who's missed her children all these years - and the son who's trying to find them.

They went missing before I was born - I can't imagine how it must be to live all those years not knowing what happened to them. :(

why stop for 2 big buckets of lard? How big? Were they in the car? Seems odd.

Just bumping this. So sad. Local news just profiled the case.. The mom still thinks that there is a good chance that the kids are alive. Unfortunately I don't share her belief.

The news did mention that DNA tests are being run against any TX John & Jane Does.

Mel

http://www.kens5.com/news/Did-he-ki...-cold-case-still-open-to-clues-132857758.html

by Stacia Willson / KENS 5
Posted on October 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Updated Saturday, Oct 29 at 10:21 PM

The man said Campbell dropped him off about three miles just outside Goliad, because he needed to go visit a friend. Campbell returned about 40 minutes later, but the children were no longer with him. The pair drove to San Antonio together and parted ways.

The following day, Campbell was found dead with a self-inflicted gunshot to the head. Police found a suicide note, it stated that he had buried the children and would soon join them.

Am I understanding correctly that the father's work involved construction of a hospital? I'm sure they probably considered that back when the children went missing, but a construction site seems a perfect site to hide things, such as bodies inside lard buckets.

Just stumbled on this case after finding another one here about "Little Miss Nobody"

Are there any updates? I have read a few articles and the Facebook page, seems a possibility that WR might remember more than he has already, shame he now has Alzheimers.

There has been speculation on the Little Miss Nobody page on WS that LMN may be Myrisha. Currently there are no DNA samples for LMN to make comparisons.
LMN was found deceased in Yavapai County, AZ, in July 1960. She had a "full and perfect set of baby teeth" and was wearing what was described as a "sunsuit". She was wearing nail polish, and her hair may have been tinted/colored.

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1-6-7-AKA-quot-Little-Miss-Nobody-quot-Jul-60

There has been speculation on the Little Miss Nobody page on WS that LMN may be Myrisha. Currently there are no DNA samples for LMN to make comparisons.
LMN was found deceased in Yavapai County, AZ, in July 1960. She had a "full and perfect set of baby teeth" and was wearing what was described as a "sunsuit". She was wearing nail polish, and her hair may have been tinted/colored.

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1-6-7-AKA-quot-Little-Miss-Nobody-quot-Jul-60
I very strongly believe Little Miss Nobody is Myrisha.I hope and pray they exhume Little Miss Nobody and get DNA samples and compare the two.At least to rule them out.

Cold Case Files: The Campbell Children

What happened to Myrisha Faye and A.J. Jr.?

A few years ago, according to the Dallas Morning News, Phil Robertson got a tip that a man with the name A.J. Campbell had been living in Arlington during the 1990s. His driver’s license had the same birth date as A.J. Campbell Jr., but Robertson has been unable to find out if this man is his half-brother.

A DNA sample has been collected from LMN.According to her Namus page, testing of the sample is in progress and not yet finished. On cell, cannot post link to LMN Namus page at moment.

why stop for 2 big buckets of lard? How big? Were they in the car? Seems odd.
Maybe he put them down a well. I can check historic water and O&G well records around Goliad.

Eta: Jessica McClure fell down an 8-inch diameter water well when she was 18 months old.

Jessica McClure rescue video (CBS)
October 16, 1987

https://youtu.be/LPkU-3TXBjk

Sounds like the children were killed with the lard in the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

When they were about 3 miles outside Goliad, Campbell Sr. asked him to stop because he wanted to see a friend. Randall stopped the car and got out, and Campbell Sr. drove off without him, with both kids still inside the vehicle. About 30-40 minutes later, Campbell Sr. returned to get Randall, but the kids were not with him.

I wish we knew more exactly where Randall was dropped; since Campbell could only travel a maximum of 20 minutes from that point it very much limits the area in which the children could have been left. It sounds as though it might have been 3 miles north of Goliad, but that could just be the way the report was phrased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back