TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47 Thread #48
Thread #49

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.

Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. :heart: Hailey.

Ok. Got a question. LE took the sheets from Haileys bed. If she were in her bed dead on Monday morning would there be enough evidence of death on the sheets that bringing in cadaver dogs or illuminating wouldnt be necessary?

Bringing this over:

You know, that is very telling in itself, imo. I've always found it hinky that his story is so non descriptive. But never noticed that Hailey is still "in her house" at the end of his story. Why doesn't he say anything about her walking out the front or back door? Psychological truth within his lie? (Okay, I'm getting punchy - but YKWIM)..

Something that I just thought of... Why would she even tell Shawn anything at all about her plans? It sounds as if they did not get along, no one was keeping tabs on her whereabouts, she probably came in/out during the day as she pleased. BD has even said that the normal thing Hailey would do would be to leave a note. I would think a note to BD or maybe a phone call later than night from MB's would have been more of the natural flow that things went in that house (based on pure speculation from what has been said). JMHO.

Ok. Got a question. LE took the sheets from Haileys bed. If she were in her bed dead on Monday morning would there be enough evidence of death on the sheets that bringing in cadaver dogs or illuminating wouldnt be necessary?

:waitasec:That's a very good question.
From what I have read and heard, I would think that cadaver dogs would pick up on that.

Is it ok to present a theory (or two or three) of what might have happened and generate conversation about those? I always enjoyed the "theories" threads on other cases, but there is no breakout thread for this on Hailey's forum and I don't want to breach TOS. I love, honor, and respect Websleuths waaay too much to do that. :) (AND I don't want to aggravate the generous hard-working mods)

IMO SA would have changed the sheets. He had plenty of time to do that.

IMO SA would have changed the sheets. He had plenty of time to do that.

True that, but wouldn't the dogs be able to sniff that out anyway if they were brought into the house?

When I started to vote on the poll I just could not decide? Hummm.

I think something happened to Hailey Monday night after DD left the house. I am not sure just what happened.

I think BD went off to work maybe knowing and maybe not knowing. I just can't decide what happened and who was involved.

But Tuesday was certainly a crazy day for SA.

True that, but wouldn't the dogs be able to sniff that out anyway if they were brought into the house?

Thats was I was getting at. We havent heard cadaver dogs were brought in. All we know is they took the sheets. Would that be enough if it tested something or would tthey then bring dogs in and why havent they if they havent?

If you address those questions to Sarx in bold, she is great about responding with insight when she checks in... She answered a few basic questions I had about the SAR dogs and bloodhounds on previous threads..

Im wondering if the testing of the sheets prompted the landfill search? Im still not sure they didnt find evidence of cleanup or something in the landfill. The stories kept changing on that. First they didnt, then they did, then they didnt. Who knows.

Bringing this over:

I agree. I think she would have just said ' going to my Dad's' and left it at that.

Then once at her dad's she could have called her mom or just asked her later from her friends. But since she never made it to any of those places we are back at her original statement, being made to SA.

When I started to vote on the poll I just could not decide? Hummm.

I think something happened to Hailey Monday night after DD left the house. I am not sure just what happened.

I think BD went off to work maybe knowing and maybe not knowing. I just can't decide what happened and who was involved.

But Tuesday was certainly a crazy day for SA.

DD left for the night on Sunday 12/26. We don't have any information as to whether he stayed overnight at his own house on Monday 12/27. We know he went out at some point because he came home to a locked door...

I'd like to assume they checked the car trunk with cadaver dogs, but we never heard they did, that I remember...

I also find it doubtful that Hailey would give SA a detailed outline of her plans...

I agree. I think she would have just said ' going to my Dad's' and left it at that.

Then once at her dad's she could have called her mom or just asked her later from her friends. But since she never made it to any of those places we are back at her original statement, being made to SA.

And we have to remember that her friend had no knowlege of H coming to spend the night...that throws a huge red flag up for me.

I feel confident that whatever it is that was found in the vehicle is of considerable weight with regards to Hailey directly..

LE specifically stated that the evidence that was collected and tested from the vehicle that SA/BD shared would NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL AN ARREST WAS MADE{IMO when it goes to trial}..

IMO something BIG hinges on what "it" is that was found in the vehicle..jmo

And we have to remember that her friend had no knowlege of H coming to spend the night...that throws a huge red flag up for me.

IIRC, her friend said they had talked about B spending the night, but they hadn't definitely made plans for this.

Good questions about what, if any, forensics testing was done in the house.
1. Were cadaver dogs used in the house? (if so, before or after the couches were removed - add by me)
2. Was luminol used in the house?
3. Would dogs pick up traces in the bed if something happened there and the sheets were removed several days prior?

You all have me wondering. We know dogs went to the shed and the hole under the house. Maybe they also went into the house at the same time (possiblby- if Billie said okay to the shed and the hole, the dogs were there anyway?) Anyone recall if they were bloodhound dogs just for scent that went to the shed/hole or if they were cadaver/SAR dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff