Lawyer says jail hanky-panky was "a hug gone bad," not sex

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Despite former public defender Theresa Olson's explanation that it was only a "hug gone bad," two King County Jail guards testified yesterday that they saw her doing much more than that with her client, a man facing triple murder charges, in a jail meeting room two years ago. [/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I thought I saw two individuals having sex," said King County corrections officer Leander Glenn. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The guards' testimony came during the first day of a Washington State Bar Association disciplinary hearing that will help decide Olson's professional fate in a scandal that has endured in Seattle's legal and law-enforcement communities. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Olson is accused of having sex with client Sebastian Burns, later found guilty with friend Atif Rafay of killing Rafay's father, mother and sister in their Bellevue home. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court.

[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Full Story[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Casshew said:
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Despite former public defender Theresa Olson's explanation that it was only a "hug gone bad," two King County Jail guards testified yesterday that they saw her doing much more than that with her client, a man facing triple murder charges, in a jail meeting room two years ago. [/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I thought I saw two individuals having sex," said King County corrections officer Leander Glenn. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The guards' testimony came during the first day of a Washington State Bar Association disciplinary hearing that will help decide Olson's professional fate in a scandal that has endured in Seattle's legal and law-enforcement communities. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Olson is accused of having sex with client Sebastian Burns, later found guilty with friend Atif Rafay of killing Rafay's father, mother and sister in their Bellevue home. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court.

[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Full Story[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Do you not have to have a brain to become a lawyer? Where was this woman's brain? :eek:

Lakergirl123 said:
Do you not have to have a brain to become a lawyer? Where was this woman's brain? :eek:
Ick! Who wants to hug a 3 time murderer? And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?

bookbakery said:
And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?
LOL ~ there is a thread on the bizarre board about a client stabbing his lawyer in the buttock :waitasec:

Sexy, sexy........hugging an inmate and having sex in a dirty jail...... :dance:

bookbakery said:
Ick! Who wants to hug a 3 time murderer? And who hugs their lawyer, anyway?

We don't get anywhere those types of cases here, but I remember watching a documentary about a woman who was about to be executed and her attorney's struggles to get her out of it. Her name was Wanda and it was called "The Execution of Wanda." I don't remember her last name or state. Anyway, her attorney was a fat pig who was constantly touching the family members and the prisoner and hugging everyone. I was almost screaming at my television telling him to keep his hands to himself. I don't understand that sort of thing at ALL!

Here is the part that I find most odd:
The state bar claims Olson broke a legal-ethics rule adopted in 2000 that prohibits lawyers from having sexual relations with clients. It is recommending that Olson be suspended for one year. The final decision on the proposed sanctions rests with the state Supreme Court. This has only been a rule since 2000?

i would like to know how this bimbo pulled this off...in "my" jail the attorneys visit their clients in consultation rooms that are private as far as hearing conversation, but open glass for viewing by personnel...for the civilian's own protection!, as well as because of the possibility an attorney could bring contraband to his/her client. thay are "wanded" as they enter facility, but not patted down. this incident is not the first either...some lawyers have become way too emotionally involved with their clients.

If she could get anything "done" to this guy in the short time it takes to give someone a "hug," then he's worse than a one-minute man!! LOL He may want to stay in prison to avoid the shame of it all. :innocent:

This would be Jayne Weintraub if she was representing ISP. :D I swear that woman is in love with him.

lisad71 said:
This would be Jayne Weintraub if she was representing ISP. :D I swear that woman is in love with him.

lol lisa!! :laugh: :laugh: that i can see! :doh:

Casshew said:
But, would you want to?? :eek: :snooty:

cass, only on a 'saterday nite live' skit! otherwise you're right :eek:

lex said:
cass, only on a 'saterday nite live' skit! otherwise you're right :eek:
Gosh. I don't know who they could get to play Jayne... (since Chris Farley died)

48 Hrs./Mystery covered the Rafay murders this weekend. I had never heard of any of it. And it was really disturbing.

Sebastian Burns is clearly a real psychopath. He and Atif wrote a screenplay about the murders. Shades of the Menendez Bros.!! All convicted!!

lisafremont said:
48 Hrs./Mystery covered the Rafay murders this weekend. I had never heard of any of it. And it was really disturbing.

Sebastian Burns is clearly a real psychopath. He and Atif wrote a screenplay about the murders. Shades of the Menendez Bros.!! All convicted!!
Burn's sister is a tv newscaster here. She keeps coming on the different specials to exclaim his innocence. I always want to barf when she says he admitted to the murder because he thought he was in the company of bad men and they would hurt him if he denied it. :loser: :loser: :loser:

I "almost" can hear her say, "My brother is too cute to be a murderer and he has me for a sister, so it's even more impossible".

Her brother reminds me of a textbook psychopath.

I also saw this on Sunday night. Had never heard of the case before then.
Very bizarre. And yes the sister, who is a professional, sure seemed to 'not get it'. I understand loving your family, but defending them at all costs and regardless of the information available, I just don't get it. But I have not ever been in that situation (thank God) but I hope I would not keep blinders on.
Vicki in Indy
shdbepaintin

Jeana (DP) said:
Not usually. :cool: :cool:
:eek:

My cousin sent me the following, and I thought you would enjoy them. They are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and now published by court reporters who had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place.

------------------------------------------

ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.

ATTORNEY: What is your date of birth?
WITNESS: July 18th.
ATTORNEY: What year?
WITNESS: Every year.

ATTORNEY: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
WITNESS: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you
forgot?

ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you?
WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you?
WITNESS: Forty-five years.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that
morning?
WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan.

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?
WITNESS: We both do.
ATTORNEY: Voodoo?
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep,
he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: Uh, he's twenty-one.

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Would you repeat the question?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: Uh....

ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
WITNESS: By death.
ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard.
ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition
notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead
people?
WITNESS: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go
to?
WITNESS: Oral.

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an
autopsy on him!

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
WITNESS: Huh?

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a
pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
began the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and
practicing law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa