GUILTY VA - Jordan Meadows, newborn, found in Wythe Co. cave, Jan 2011

noZme

Reaction score
The Wythe Co. VA Sheriff's Office revealed new details about the baby found dead in a cave last week. Investigators got a tip about the newborn from social services and found the child dead inside a cave in the Grahams Forge Community. the baby was wrapped in a blanket. They are still trying to determine how long the baby had been alive and if the baby was dead when it was placed inside the cave. They don't believe the baby was alive for more than twelve days. Investigators say they suspect they know when the baby died.

The baby's mother and grandmother are each charged with concealing a body. Both have been questioned & investigators characterize them as "uncooperative". Both are currently in jail without bond. Several men have come forward wondering if they are the father of the child.
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-wythe-baby-20110201,0,7289158.story

Makes you wonder whether there are more corpses around.

Makes you wonder whether there are more corpses around.

There are most definitely a heck of a lot more around. Ever notice the vast majority that are "found" were just dumped in the woods, or on the beach, or left in a cave? Even bodies left about that casually may not be found for months, years, or ever.

I am quite sure there are quite a few perpetrators that aren't too lazy to pick up a shovel and those bodies will very likely never be discovered (unless they bury it in their yard or some other highly populated area).

There are most definitely a heck of a lot more around. Ever notice the vast majority that are "found" were just dumped in the woods, or on the beach, or left in a cave? Even bodies left about that casually may not be found for months, years, or ever.

I am quite sure there are quite a few perpetrators that aren't too lazy to pick up a shovel and those bodies will very likely never be discovered (unless they bury it in their yard or some other highly populated area).

I know there are lots of corpses around but what I was referring to
was is there anymore with regards to this family.

This is very sad. I just dont understand why someone one do this when there are so many more options.

I always suspect a level of mental impairment but I know that not to be true always.

I worked with a woman who has a very together (so it seemed) daughter who gave birth at home and the baby was either born dead or they couldnt tell. She put the baby in a suitcase and hide it in her apartment. Her mother found it and call the police.

You would never think this woman would have done anything like that.

If I am looking at the right girl's FB page, she is a very young, immature teen. Wow. So sad. Wondering why. Why not just have the baby publicly? Why not give it up for adoption? Why did this child end up in a cave?

OK, I am fairly certain on Myspace I've found her (she mentions some things that I think add up to this situation in her status) and the father as well......

Bummer - Myspace page taken down and there's no cached version of it!!! =P I wanted to read.

I know there are lots of corpses around but what I was referring to was is there anymore with regards to this family.

Sorry I misunderstood.

Since social services was involved that means the government was already aware of the babies presence, it was not a hidden home birth. Then they leave it in a cave where it is sure to be discovered quickly? These people seem too stupid to have pulled this off several times before.

th FB AM I was viewing was not her, so I am glad I did not link it. I have seen both A's and MS (baby's father) MS pages now, ty for the link.

Based on daddy's page, he was aware, everyone knew she was expecting, they seemed excited to be parents soon. Daddy posts an RIP, mommy posts RIPs, my question is, where did the daddy think the baby went? What was he told about this situation?

The first R.I.P. post on the mother's page was Jan. 16th.
Gosh, who hides a baby in a cave and posts about the baby's death on MS?
That is so weird IMO.

Thanks so much for the link!!!

She announced her pregnancy on myspace on June 30th...and frequently referred to it. I honestly don't know what to think...my heart tells me she didn't do anything to cause this baby's death. She does talk about being in a lot of pain several times. I just can't imagine why they wouldn't call 911....unless...here's a theory but it's JUST a theory. I have seen no evidence of this...wonder if her and someone she loves (not implying BF...could be many people) got into it and somehow sustained an injury that caused her to miscarry. That's really the only reason I could see someone hiding the baby...so someone else doesn't go to jail. I don't think she did anything, though =( I think something more is amiss. It would also explain why she posted RIP...I really don't think she did anything, although I'm perplexed as to what happened.

Another theory: pregnancy triggered psychosis or something of that nature and she's not in touch with reality at all. She could have had a break with reality if something happened to the baby (natural) and she didn't want to deal with the trauma of a hospital....or....this is on the odd end, put the baby in the cave hoping for a resurrection??? =P

Or, worse yet, after reading many of the news comments, it seems her father was very aggressive, controlling and that most people knew that. Wondering if he found out and struck her or...worse yet...::shudder:: - nevermind.
RIP baby Jordan.

ETA: I read the father's ms too...and he seemed excited/nervous, but vocal about Jordan's impending arrival...I have no idea what happened here. =(

According to a posted rumor Ashley told the assumed father that the baby was still borne and cremated.

I never read another comment re the baby once she got the news she didn't want from a doctor - except to say she had a lot of decisions to make. Apparently her mother helped her make the decision not to keep this precious baby.

This girl was in no frame of mind to care for an infant, if you read her status up-dates.

Another posted rumor is that Ashley's father (not the baby's father) is a tyrant who didn't know she was pregnant. The only one in town, I guess.

So sad.

Her MS 'missing my baby, but I know she's in a better place' sounds very much like Stacey Barker - mother and murderer of 18 month old Emma Leigh Barker. Was a cave really a better place than a loving home? Trying to withhold judgement but it's tough.

From June 2012:

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/w...cle_1fa73e2f-9914-5337-861b-55dc84d700a8.html

“For the life of me, I can’t figure out why,” Judge Josiah Showalter Jr. said before sentencing 61-year-old Twyla Jean Meadows to serve one year in jail for concealing her granddaughter in an outbuilding and later in a Wythe County cave in January 2011.

Her daughter and the infant’s mother, 21-year-old Ashley Meadows, got a three-year sentence in February after being convicted of felony child neglect in the same case.

Ashley Meadows said the baby, named Jordan LeeAnn, was alive when she gave her to her mother after giving birth in the family’s Max Meadows trailer. Twyla Meadows, though, who testified against her daughter and told the same story on Monday, has said that she found the lifeless child wrapped in T-shirts and a plastic shopping bag in a trashcan in her daughter’s bedroom on a Sunday morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back