MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Phylicia-Barnes-16-missing-baltimore-28Dec2010.jpg

Phylicia Barnes is from Monroe, North Carolina and was visiting the Baltimore area with her family when she was reported missing. Police believe she was abducted and suspect foul play.

Anyone with information about Barnes’ whereabouts is asked to call Baltimore's Missing Persons Unit at 443-984-7385.

If you have any information on this young girl, you are urged to call 1-800-843-5678,or the Baltimore Maryland City Police Department at 1-410-396-2525.

Added 'tipline' additional number which appears in numerous MSM articles:

The Baltimore Police Department is asking anyone with information on this case to call 855-223-0033.

her missing poster:
http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...seNum=1162921&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Previous threads:

Added info from Wednesday February 2nd, 2011 Baltimore LE presser:

We want people in the Bmore area to concentrate on that Tuesday. They may have seen something that makes no sense, that doesn’t seem significant to them, but in light of THIS, it may have significance to US .

Copied over from thread 3

Is this the photo of the apartments?

I found this searching Reisterstown Apartments Baltimore Google images.

550-367

If this is the right complex, it appears they do have balconeys. Don't think I could see that in earlier pictures. And it appears the ground level or 'garden' apartments also have a patio which looks like it his halfway below ground. I wonder if there is a wall backing up to the lawn or if there are steps from this area leading to the lawn area.

Links to posts with more maps and info from last thread to be added shortly.

Copied over from thread 3

Is this the photo of the apartments?

I found this searching Reisterstown Apartments Google images.

550-367

If this is the right complex, it appears they do have balconeys. Don't think I could see that in earlier pictures. And it appears the ground level or 'garden' apartments also have a patio which looks like it his halfway below ground. I wonder if there is a wall backing up to the lawn or if there are steps from this area leading to the lawn area.

Links to posts with more maps and info from last thread to be added shortly.

On the picture I saw of DB's apartment, the basement one has a wrought iron fence along the lawn. I can't tell if there is a gate though.

Ok, the picture I copied from google images appears to be the same photo from the link for the apartments management companies home page (linked on page 20 of thread 3 by GJ'. here it is again.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Maryland/Baltimore/Reisterstown-Square-Apartments/12105/

I can just make out where the lowest level garden/basement apartments have the iron fence but can't tell if it has a gate. I would guess they do not, so one would have to climb the gate to enter or exit via the ground level patio sliding doors. Probably not something PB would do to exit the building and have to climb back over to re-enter the unit. Possible someone might climb over to enter if the sliding door was unlocked while PB was there, but imo unlikely in the broad daylight of late morning early afternoon. Too risky during daylight with the view from surrounding buildings within the complex.

It does not look like they have key pads for keyless entry, but it could be they are on the side of the wall next to the door which can not be seen in the photo. I have not fully looked at the link for the apartment complex but it should say if keyless entry is a feature of the complex or not (along with any other features such as laundry, pool, clubhouse etc. etc. )

What is on the roof above the door area? It looks like what should be survellience video camera? I wonder if that is what it was and they were no longer working or have since been removed since the photo was taken? It's in an odd spot to be a spotlight of sometype........ hmmmm.....

jmo

Ok, the picture I copied from google images appears to be the same photo from the link for the apartments management companies home page (linked on page 20 of thread 3 by GJ'. here it is again.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Maryland/Baltimore/Reisterstown-Square-Apartments/12105/

I can just make out where the lowest level garden/basement apartments have the iron fence but can't tell if it has a gate. I would guess they do not, so one would have to climb the gate to enter or exit via the ground level patio sliding doors. Probably not something PB would do to exit the building and have to climb back over to re-enter the unit. Possible someone might climb over to enter if the sliding door was unlocked while PB was there, but imo unlikely in the broad daylight of late morning early afternoon. Too risky during daylight with the view from surrounding buildings within the complex.

It does not look like they have key pads for keyless entry, but it could be they are on the side of the wall next to the door which can not be seen in the photo. I have not fully looked at the link for the apartment complex but it should say if keyless entry is a feature of the complex or not (along with any other features such as laundry, pool, clubhouse etc. etc. )

What is on the roof above the door area? It looks like what should be survellience video camera? I wonder if that is what it was and they were no longer working or have since been removed since the photo was taken? It's in an odd spot to be a spotlight of sometype........ hmmmm.....

jmo

The website does not say anything about keyless entry. Does say garbage service, laundry, and large pets are welcome...

On the complex's web site, there is a series of 12 photos, with three good ones of the outside. There's also a virtual tour, but my computer couldn't handle it--flaw with Mozilla perhaps. If anyone is able to get the tour to go, please give a report. :)

Nothing about keyless entry at the property site. I will call and find out tomorrow to be sure but I don't see them in the photo's and it doesn't say so at the link, so likely not.

ETA: I will ask about the gate for the ground level apartments too.

Nothing about keyless entry at the property site. I will call and find out tomorrow to be sure but I don't see them in the photo's and it doesn't say so at the link, so likely not.

ETA: I will ask about the gate for the ground level apartments too.

You rock!!!
Thank you for doing this.

Nothing much more in the virtual tour that is not in the still shots at the link. The virtual tour is of the 1 BR model. They do have hardwood floors as was previously posted by another member. So if any have been carpeted they may mean rugs the tenants owned themself. Perhaps by 'cut a piece of carpet, DB's particular unit was carpeted or they took a piece of a rug she owned.

hth

To me it looks like there is a camera on the roof right over the door. I could be wrong and it may be a light. I zoomed the picture and it looks like a camera. :waitasec:

jmo

Oooops Cubby I posted before I saw this. The camera was the first things that jumped out at me.

Oooops Cubby I posted before I saw this. The camera was the first things that jumped out at me.

No worries. It looked like a camera to me too, so I wonder why it was stated there is no survellience video.
:waitasec: is right!

eta: I zoomed to and that is no doubt a camera. So what's up with not having any survellience available?

No worries. It looked like a camera to me too, so I wonder why it was stated there is no survellience video.
:waitasec: is right!

eta: I zoomed to and that is no doubt a camera. So what's up with not having any survellience available?

There was some footage accessed from an apartment near DB's.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/11/phylicia-barnes-missing-police-have-few-leads-on-north-carolina/

Last week, investigators examined video footage from an apartment complex near where Barnes went missing. They also sent items taken from her sister's apartment complex to the FBI lab in Quantico, Va., but neither has resulted in any new leads. "The video footage proved to be unhelpful to the case," Guglielmi said. "There were no sightings on there of Phylicia, and we've got nothing from the lab."

Thank you GJ'!! That explains she wasn't seen on the apartment survellience versus no survellience.

I looked at the maps you posted and see there is a Wendy's near the apartment. However, if she were walking there she would not have gone in the direction of the parking lot and she would have likely been seen on the busy road.

The dogs tracked her to the parking spot in the parking lot and I am pretty sure, based on the questions Oriah and sarx answered for us the dogs would have picked up the strongest or most recent scent. I noticed the parking lot is lined with tall trees blocking the view between the parking lot and mall parking lot behind the parking area. Which would mean if something happened forcing her to get into the car it would likely not be viewed by any shoppers.

Further looking it appears that at least 3 of the buildings have views to the parking lot, so if she was resisting being forced into a car or forced from the door of the apartment it is likely someone would have heard or seen something. If there was a struggle she might have dropped her purse, lost a shoe and nothing has been found to indicate any evidence of such.

LE has stated in their presser they want people to focus on that TUESDAY which leads me to believe they have some evidence to indicate/confirm she was alive and well Tuesday versus something like an od occuring Monday night into Tuesday am.

Every angle I try and look at this, I keep coming back to: left expecting to get back into the apartment, so she had to go with someone she knew would be able to let her back into the apartment. Whatever happened, imo, happened with whomever she trusted enough to leave the apartment with and get into their vehicle.

PB had an expected approximate arrival time for KB. She would have left planning to be back in time for KB's expected arrival to the apartment.

Which leads me to two possible, well three possible scenarios.
1)MJ doing something after promising to take her to get lunch and they'd be right back. Could explain why her email was left open. A quick lets go grab lunch and we'll brb.

2)LBC did not leave at the time MJ said he did and the three left for lunch in the above scenario.

3)Neither MJ and LBC were there, KB did pick her up and is not being truthful regarding not getting ahold of PB. Which I doubt because MJ would have no reason to lawyer up - he could have said PB's phone wasn't ringing and telephone records could confirm his statement. AND KB would not have been interviewed on the peas in their pods show if she had any involvement.

I hope the forensics LE is waiting on come in soon.

jmo

I called. There is no keyless entry/keypads for the perimeter doors.

Not all the ground level apartment patios have the iron fence around the patio. The gates are only on the ground level units in the front of the buildings. The units in the rear or back of the buildings ground level patio's have no iron fence.. The units with the iron fence to not have a gate which opens and closes to gain entry.

Do we know if the apartment was in the front or back of the building?

Hope that makes sense. I need more coffee!

Here is a picture from Bing showing the courtyard/back of some buildings (I love google streetview but I love Bing's satellite shots b/c of the angle.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 12.20.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 12.20.07 PM.png
    623.2 KB · Views: 529

Not all the ground level apartment patios have the iron fence around the patio. The gates are only on the ground level units in the front of the buildings. The units in the rear or back of the buildings ground level patio's have no iron fence.. The units with the iron fence to not have a gate which opens and closes to gain entry.

If it helps, DB's apartment was #101, 6520 Eberle Dr.
Can we get a map of how the units were laid out, number wise??
Source: http://magic3400.newsvine.com/_news...-located-call-911-baltimore-police-department

Here is a picture from Bing showing the courtyard/back of some buildings (I love google streetview but I love Bing's satellite shots b/c of the angle.)

attachment.php

Great picture!
So if we know it is a rear apartment, then the patio sure looks accessible. If it is a front, there may or may not be a iron fence. Is there any way to find out for sure?? It leaves a big open hole if the patio is accessible, with a sliding glass door.

I used to have my RE license ( let it lapse after becoming a single parent due to the evening and weekend hours as I would have never seen my child.) 101 would be near the entrance to the front of the building. Every condo unit I have ever sold, (and I sold tons with a focus on condo conversions) has a numbering or lettering system which starts from the front of the building. 101 would have definately been in the front and most likely the first door on the left upon entering the front of the building. Most if not all units I have seen start their numbering system the same way we read, from left to right.

hth

Thanks for calling on this!
So the doors had keys then, and it would be a key different than the front door? Seeing the photo belimom posted, and how accessible the backs of the apartments are, and how close they are to the train tracks... It concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni