Pricey purses

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LONDON (AP) - What's in a handbag?

Plenty, it seems: all told, the average British woman's handbag and its contents are worth some 577 pounds ($1,340 Cdn), according to a survey published Wednesday.

Collectively, that means British handbags are worth some 14 billion pounds ($32.5 billion).

The results of the survey of 1,700 women by Prudential Home Insurance will come as a shock to many - those surveyed estimated their purses and contents to be worth an average of 153 pounds ($355).

The majority of women polled put makeup as the most valuable single item, with one in four carrying a set worth up to 50 pounds ($116). Half of those surveyed regularly carry up to 50 pounds ($116) in cash.

"Apart from the usual bits and bobs, women really do carry a lot of valuable items in their handbags without actually realizing it," said Prudential spokeswoman Nicole Dodunski.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/09/15/630410-ap.html

i once bought a Furla (Italian) alligator handbag for an obscene amount of money. it is gorgeous and will outlast me. there's something about an elegant bag and/or shoes. it's a leather thing. what's funny is i never carry the darn thing because all i do is keep my badge in my wallet , in my pocket, to keep my hands free. it sits on my dresser. and i have more shoes than imelda marcos...but only wear combat boots and flip-flops. wish i had all that money back!! :boohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back