Questions Welcome Here!

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!

Hello imamaze;

Not certain this is the right place, perhaps you could direct me to the right one. I am trying to locate a video that I viewed here at Websleuths not that long ago. The video was regarding a Psychiatrist interviewing a young adopted girl. She and her baby brother had been adopted by a Minister and his wife that were unable to have children. I have a niece that works within the school system and is a special needs teacher. I feel that this insight and treatment would be beneficial to what she is dealing with right now. I thought perhaps it was posted by onelostgirl, however, may have the name wrong as I am unable to pull it up through a search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Kind Regards,
Thyme

Hi Thyme :smile:,

I'm not familiar with the case but I will sure check into it and see if I can find it for you.

Some of our other great members may be able to tell us what this case is too. Anyone else familiar with the case? Thanks.

Ima

Thanks imamaze. I believe it was an interview with a child psychologist not a psychiatrist. The young girl had been sexually abused by her biological father when she was a baby. She wanted to kill her adoptive parents and her baby brother. Her treatment was with a family in a farm setting where she was given chores and cared for the animals.

Glad you found it! I tried looking last night but didn't have any luck and was hoping others might chime in. Now that I see this little girl I remember this case now!

Thanks for finding it Thyme! Its very interesting and I recommend watching it!

Ima

I've been going through the states filling in information where its needed, removing broken links and all that good stuff. :)

I just wanted to let you all know that if you have a resource that you would like posted in your state or country, just pm me or e-mail me and let me know. I will be happy to add it.

Thanks

Ima

Hello, I am new to this forum, today is my first day allowed to post replies only. I've been searching this site to find if there is a way to search a particular name/crime, to see if there had been any discussion on it before. The murdered child's name is Teghan Alyssa Skiba. She was tortured, abused and killed by mom's boyfriend while mom was off at military training. I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask a question such as this one.

imamaze, Thank you so much for your help. I don't know how I missed that.

I've been trying to follow up on the case of missing adult Saginaw MI resident Bruce Whelton, who disappeared from this area in 2006. His case information can be found in a handful of missing person sites that I've accessed through Websleuths but it seems odd that his face and info aren't found in Michigan missing adults listings. Our local television station hasn't followed up on his case in years, as far as I know. I emailed the station several times to no avail suggesting a follow up story to this apparently cold case. No updates to the Bruce Whelton missing person case in our local newspaper since 2009. Mr Whelton's missing person case info used to appear in a section of the Saginaw Township Police Department website and has not been found there for quite some time. I received no response when I contacted the PD regarding this. It appears there is no longer interest in nor publicity about Bruce Whelton, missing person. No public appeals from the family for information. No local media updates to keep his case fresh in our minds. Do these things indicate Mr Whelton's disappearance was voluntary or has the family/media/community effort simply given up?

Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me some direction. I'm trying to find information about a murder case from 1976 or 1977. They were neighbors of mine and I only remember their first names and the approximate time frame and I know the address.

I've made attempts to look in old newspapers and I contacted the sheriff's department thinking they might have people who remembered. The person there was very rude and told me there were privacy laws. I thought if you went to prison after having confessed to a murder, you kind of lost some of that...but...what do I know.

Any ideas on other avenues I can pursue to find information? I'm presuming that it was too early to put anything on the internet and searches for the address and type of murder have not returned anything.

Thanks for help you can offer.

Hi racingponies,

I don't have any advice on how to search out this murder although you may want to check out Cold Case Section to see if we have a case on it.

Hopefully some of our other sleuthers here can help you out.

Welcome to Websleuths! Glad you joined us.

:wagon:

Ima

I'm researching some cases involving a guy who went to prison for murder in the early 1980's. He confessed to a few and was suspected of more, but was only charged with one. It seems he would have been eligible for parole a few years ago... I can't find him in the DOC website for the state in question, nor can I find him in the Social Security Death Index. Is there a way to find out when he was released, and if he was required to stay in state?

I've got some sketchy details and links, but I didn't know whether it was appropriate to post them as I'm new here. If he has been released, I guess the powers that be have determined that he's paid his debt and I don't want to harass anybody. However, he confessed to killing three people and raping another, and there's speculation about other cases, and I'd... well, I'd just kinda like to know what happened to him if that's something I'm entitled to know.

Thoughts?

What was the name of the case where a neighbor or a family friend stabbed (I believe that was the method of killing) to death a little girl because she called him stupid? I am pretty sure it took place in the Summer in Virginia in the 1980s, maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back