Why did Shawn go to work Monday morning for 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope someone can make some sense of this question.

I have heard a couple of good theories in the many previous threads.

--he wanted an alibi that he was at work [ weak planning on his part though]

--he wanted to pick up something at work [ an accomplice, some tools, his coveralls, chemicals, or wanted to get rid of incriminating things in his locker in case it was searched later]

--he wanted to drop off something [ dirty coveralls, or something to put in the dumpsters]

--OR he planned on working that day but couldnt do it because...[ he got a phone call that made him turn around and leave, he was too high or too sleepy to stay there, or he was afraid Hailey was going to tattle on him so he went home, OR he kept thinking about her being there alone so he gave in to his desires and left]

Those are some that i remember being discussed over the past weeks

Did BD state in any of her interviews that he picked up something while he was there? I'm not sure if I read that or not?

Did BD state in any of her interviews that he picked up something while he was there? I'm not sure if I read that or not?

All I have seen is in the presser she said he went in to turn in his coveralls and clean out his locker.[ highly doubtful imo--why would he go in EARLY to do that if he was just going to go sit around at mom's all day. Especially since it left BD without a ride to work}

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472929/detail.html

The affidavit says Adkins told authorities numerous inconsistencies. For example, the affidavit states Adkins told investigators he was fired from his job in Snyder the morning Hailey went missing. His employer says that was untrue and Adkins left his job at 6:10 a.m. without saying a word. The employer said Adkins was a good employee and that he hadn't been fired.

Adkins also said when he left work he headed to Big Spring, 50 miles southwest of Snyder, but phone records show he wasn't in the Big Spring area until 9:30 a.m. that morning, which leaves a nearly three hour gap in his whereabouts.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472929/detail.html

The affidavit says Adkins told authorities numerous inconsistencies. For example, the affidavit states Adkins told investigators he was fired from his job in Snyder the morning Hailey went missing. His employer says that was untrue and Adkins left his job at 6:10 a.m. without saying a word. The employer said Adkins was a good employee and that he hadn't been fired.

Adkins also said when he left work he headed to Big Spring, 50 miles southwest of Snyder, but phone records show he wasn't in the Big Spring area until 9:30 a.m. that morning, which leaves a nearly three hour gap in his whereabouts.

Yes, and the affidavit also shows that his cell phone was pinging off the the same tower that services Billie's house in Colorado City from 6:35 to 6:56 a.m. on 12/27 a.m. - the day he left his job at 6:10 a.m. 21 minutes in Colorado City early a.m. the last day Hailey was seen by anyone other SA...

Honestly, I don't think it was for an alibi. He'd have to know that people would have told LE that he was there only 10 minutes. 10 minutes does not make an alibi. And the way he walked in, got a Dr. Pepper, looked at his employer and walked out without saying a word. Very strange behavior.

I have heard a couple of good theories in the many previous threads.

--he wanted an alibi that he was at work [ weak planning on his part though]

--he wanted to pick up something at work [ an accomplice, some tools, his coveralls, chemicals, or wanted to get rid of incriminating things in his locker in case it was searched later]

--he wanted to drop off something [ dirty coveralls, or something to put in the dumpsters]

--OR he planned on working that day but couldnt do it because...[ he got a phone call that made him turn around and leave, he was too high or too sleepy to stay there, or he was afraid Hailey was going to tattle on him so he went home, OR he kept thinking about her being there alone so he gave in to his desires and left]

Those are some that i remember being discussed over the past weeks
BBM....my personal favorite

I believe it's possible that SA got a phone call from Billie that something had happened to Hailey, one that he answered as he was arriving to work. They made a quick plan for her to go in to work with her ride, as if nothing happened and for him to get back to the house and take care of the situation after establishing his presence at work. With no time to plan ahead and probably freaking out, he did a lousy job of establishing an alibi... One possibility that explains such an awkward and sudden departure and the lies that came next..

Honestly, I don't think it was for an alibi. He'd have to know that people would have told LE that he was there only 10 minutes. 10 minutes does not make an alibi. And the way he walked in, got a Dr. Pepper, looked at his employer and walked out without saying a word. Very strange behavior.

I agree. And he was supposedly a rig driver, so he would obviously be missing if he tried to pretend he was at work.

So what do we know?

we know that he decided to go in early for some reason. Bd says [ take with grain of salt] that as her alarm was going off he was saying goodbye and leaving.

WHY would he feel the need to leave for work so early if he were going to walk out after 10 min?

Our first question might be did he plan to go in and then walk out, or did he intend to work that day, and something changed his mind?

I believe it's possible that SA got a phone call from Billie that something had happened to Hailey, one that he answered as he was arriving to work. They made a quick plan for her to go in to work with her ride, as if nothing happened and for him to get back to the house and take care of the situation after establishing his presence at work. With no time to plan ahead and probably freaking out, he did a lousy job of establishing an alibi... One possibility that explains such an awkward and sudden departure and the lies that came next..

That is a solid possibility. Maybe they shared some of their drugs with her, and she was unconscious. Or worse.

But he may have drugged her himself, and billie never noticed, and after billie left he came back home for some sordid fun.

Questions:
do we know he was to begin work at 6 a.m.?
do we know if he was dressed to begin work at 6 a.m.?
Do we know if the company has a rule if your late, not dressed to begin work at 6 a.m., consider yourself fired?
What were SA and his supervisor doing in a breakroom until 6:10 if work began at 6:00.?

I think that will remain unknown until we hear from somebody else...like the boss. Did he turn in his coveralls and clean out the locker? Also, I wonder if he even MEANT to be seen. If being seen was an accident..........

That is a solid possibility. Maybe they shared some of their drugs with her, and she was unconscious. Or worse.

But he may have drugged her himself, and billie never noticed, and after billie left he came back home for some sordid fun.

As disturbing and immature as SA is, I don't think he went into work, only to turn around, because he couldn't get Hailey off his mind. He may have been abusing her (with or without Billie's knowledge), but he made a beeline from Snyder to Colorado City and I think it was unplanned and for damage control. I think Hailey died of a drug overdose by choice, by force, or by accident on the night of 12/26. Billie found her on the couch dead when she got up for work. The drugs were her's and SA's. Major cover-up ensued. All JMO.

Also possible to me, but less likely, Hailey was talking to people about what was going in the house (drugs, fights, maybe inappropriate sex..) and her fear of SA. She threatened to tell Clint or call officials (or to kill herself) if it didn't stop. SA and Billie planned to thwart the threat and take Hailey off somewhere, alive. SA takes her in Billie's car (by force or trickery) to somebody they lined up the night before (maybe in Big Spring). Hailey is now stashed somewhere with someone who is somehow connected to SA and/or BD. This is what I prefer to believe, but I think it's a slimmer possibility.

SA could have gone in to work to take (steal) someone elses coveralls or to throw his stained ones away. IIRC, even Billie stated later on that SA had gone in to quit and turn in his coveralls. So; did Shawn wash his coveralls the night before he went in and left at 6:10 hoping to leave his clean coveralls and steal someone elses?

OR, did he go in to throw some stained coveralls in the dumpster there?

Who knows? I just wish we had more information, but do understand why LE cannot release further info.

IOW, I simply have no idea, :crazy:.

JMO

I think that will remain unknown until we hear from somebody else...like the boss. Did he turn in his coveralls and clean out the locker? Also, I wonder if he even MEANT to be seen. If being seen was an accident..........

I wonder if he tried to avoid being seen too, and that is why he went in early. maybe he locked eyes with his boss and realized his plan had to change.

I am going with the bolded myself.

With his " media " skills - movies and photos..
IMO he either had some gruesome pics there CRIMINAL in nature
Or Pics Of HD that would get him in trouble...Perhaps an SD card or similar device.

Then left to go hide ?? it/them somewhere.
I am not even convinced he was there when BD woke up, because IMO a ride is something she would have had arranged the night before.
MOO - BD awoke and found SA was gone as well as her car .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni