Home & Shed Search

Officials also confirmed that Hailey’s home was searched Wednesday for any clues that may have been missed earlier. The search was conducted by the Texas Rangers, who looked through the home then spent 10 minutes in an outdoor storage shed.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26382529/detail.html

Wonder if anything was found in the shed? They searched it twice. Why twice?

Also, were HRD dogs used in the house and shed? We have heard nothing about this. If they haven't, I seriously think they should get those dogs in.

COLORADO CITY — Law enforcement officials continued Thursday to chase leads from evidence collected Wednesday from missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn’s home.

Sniped:

Kampfer confirmed that evidence was taken from Billie Jean Dunn’s home Wednesday that may have led to leads being pursued Thursday.

Although he wouldn’t say what items had been taken, he said the FBI — in similar cases — typically obtains soil samples and searches for *advertiser censored*, drug paraphernalia, bleach, gloves and shovels.

Billie Jean Dunn was presented with a list of the items that were taken from the home and an outdoor storage shed, Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...sifies-for-missing-teen-n-evidence-a/?print=1

COLORADO CITY — Law enforcement officials continued Thursday to chase leads from evidence collected Wednesday from missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn’s home.

Sniped:

Kampfer confirmed that evidence was taken from Billie Jean Dunn’s home Wednesday that may have led to leads being pursued Thursday.

Although he wouldn’t say what items had been taken, he said the FBI — in similar cases — typically obtains soil samples and searches for *advertiser censored*, drug paraphernalia, bleach, gloves and shovels.

Billie Jean Dunn was presented with a list of the items that were taken from the home and an outdoor storage shed, Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...sifies-for-missing-teen-n-evidence-a/?print=1
Oh, how I'd love to see that list of items taken.

On Wednesday night, Billie Dunn said police questioned family members at the station and began searching the neighborhood. She said the police also searched her home, as well as the home of the friend whom Hailey said she was going to visit.

“It’s not like her to run away,” Billie Dunn reiterated. “She’s a 13-year-old little girl.”

Billie Dunn said she and her daughter had the usual parent-teen arguments, but the last time she had seen her daughter, she was in good spirits.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/04/hed-help-herey-hed-help-herey/

Collected From Billie's Vehicle:

– Two rolls of black electrical tape
– One plastic purple cigarette lighter
– Six 3M trace evidence collection filters with trace evidence from vehicle
– Miscellaneous papers – One sterile sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

I wonder if that ACID was found that NG kept talking about???
Used on oil fields.........

List of "reading" materials from under the bed ~ 278 pages total. Billy later said she printed off some of this while at the hospital where she worked.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26465402/detail.html

Edward Kemper the Co-Ed Killer, 23 pages

Female Mass Murderers, various, 20 pages

George Emil Banks, spree killer, 18 pages

Robert LeRoy Anderson, serial killer and sexual sadist, 13 pages

Rober Pickton, Canadian serial killer from Vancouver, 37 pages

Occult stuff, Pentagram, Vampire stuff, unknown amount

Alton Coleman and Debra Brown, spree killers, "good girl gone bad," 15 pages

English Royal Murders, Princes in Tower (Richard III), Henry the Eighth, including "pre-pubertal and premeditated suffocation in bed," 19 pages

Insane Clown Posse Rap Group, multiple pages

Would that have been used in tattoo of DD?

I'm wondering if the sulfuric acid mentioned on NG would be used to clean any traces of DNA, blood, etc... from furniture. And, if so, wouldn't that furniture then be in poor condition?

I'm wondering if the sulfuric acid mentioned on NG would be used to clean any traces of DNA, blood, etc... from furniture. And, if so, wouldn't that furniture then be in poor condition?

CZ said that the couches were in bad shape???

Sniped:

Why does Kampher even bother to speak? What a useless bit of misinformation

From gosanangelo, January 6, 2011:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/06/search-for-missing-teen-intensifies/

Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey’s mother, was given a list of the items that were taken from the home and an outdoor storage shed, Kampfer said.

According to the article linked above, a list of items taken from the home was given to BD. This makes total sense - that's investigative procedure. No surprise.

From BD's interview on the NG Show January 18, 2011:

GRACE: Billie, what did cops tell you about taking Hailey`s bed sheets?

BILLIE: I just know when they came in and searched the house, they took a few things, which they`re more than welcome to take any and everything they need. I didn`t notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days. I did tell them to take it for the hounds, but, yes, they kept it and they can keep it, get anything they need.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

LE had given BD a list of items taken from the home - which more than likely included the sheet from Hailey's bed.

Yet, somehow (according to her statements on the NG Show), BD "didn't notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days"? And, in the very next breath (staying true to BillieSpeak), she claims: "I did tell them to take it for the hounds..."

So, which is it?

A) "I didn't notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days"

Or

B) "I did tell them to take it for the hounds?"

If the answer is A): Did she not bother to at least glance @ the list that LE handed her, detailing the items that were taken during the search?

Or, perhaps BD (for whatever reason) has not entered (or at the very least peered) into her daughter's room following the investigator's search, when it would have been obvious that the sheet had been taken off Hailey's bed?

After all, it was apparent from photos that have been posted on Cranky's PB page that there were no sheets on Hailey's bed (as well as the bare mattress laying on the floor). I remember a big discussion here about it way back when.

If the answer is B): If BD gave the sheet to investigators, she would have KNOWN the sheet was missing the second she gave it to them.

Therefore, BD's claims that she didn't know the sheet was missing, while at the same time claiming she told LE to take it for the hounds is completely contradictory (as usual).

"I didn't notice" or "I don't know" or "I don't remember" or "I wasn't worried" or "I didn't ask" or "That is incorrect" or "That is untrue" seems to be an ongoing theme in this case.

In my quest to search and see if cadaver dogs were used in the house I came across this:

Dunn also stated while on the Nancy Grace show about several discrepancies about the search of her house on Wednesday. Kampfer dispelled Dunn's claim by reporting that officials have been to the house three times, but was uncertain of the exact times.

Here is the transcript and the conversations about the search:

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Well, they`ve been getting a huge number of tips. In fact, police tell me today that their investigation has been focused now -- you know, from the beginning, this has been a scattershot investigation. They`ve been just throwing things against the wall to see what will stick. And nothing has so far. I`m told it`s getting focus now.

But you know, from the beginning, this investigation, Nancy, has been mismanaged. Now, at the beginning of this, you know, you said lost time in this case. We know that her home was looked at yesterday. I was told by police today that that was the first time they looked at her home. Now, Nancy, if there`s a missing little girl, wouldn`t you think that her home would be the first place you look? Why wait nine days to look in her home? That just seems like an irresponsible investigation.

GRACE: When the police came to your home to search your home, where did they look?

BILLIE DUNN: The entire house. And they did -- the police searched it Wednesday, the day after she was reported missing. The Texas Rangers searched it again yesterday, a more thorough search, and they took some pictures and -- so they had already searched it. They didn`t wait.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: An eerie silence overshadowed the Dunn family home as Texas Rangers and local police searched the property, gathered items and went with flashlights and gloves into a shed. In the back of that read danger, no unauthorized personnel. An area of the home that neighbors say they saw Hailey in all the time.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A lot. She was always back there talking on the telephone.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Every day. Almost every day.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The rangers searched the area for about 20 minutes and left with boxes and envelopes in hand. Returning a few minutes later to take Hailey`s mom from the home.

Perhaps I've missed it, but what did BD state that were discrepancies about the search of the home?

Why does Kampher even bother to speak? What a useless bit of misinformation

And why is he the spokesperson for LE? I have to admit, I was shocked when he labeled SA a "suspect" so early in the case. A POI, yes, but the word suspect? IMO, he threw that word out there before LE was ready to label SA as such. Now they have to live with it.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/06/search-for-missing-teen-intensifies/

Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey’s mother, was given a list of the items that were taken from the home and an outdoor storage shed, Kampfer said.

According to the article linked above, a list of items taken from the home was given to BD. This makes total sense - that's investigative procedure. No surprise.

BILLIE: I just know when they came in and searched the house, they took a few things, which they`re more than welcome to take any and everything they need. I didn`t notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days. I did tell them to take it for the hounds, but, yes, they kept it and they can keep it, get anything they need.

LE had given BD a list of items taken from the home - which more than likely included the sheet from Hailey's bed.

Yet, somehow (according to her statements on the NG Show), BD "didn't notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days"? And, in the very next breath (staying true to BillieSpeak), she claims: "I did tell them to take it for the hounds..."

So, which is it?

Or

If the answer is A): Did she not bother to at least glance @ the list that LE handed her, detailing the items that were taken during the search?

Or, perhaps BD (for whatever reason) has not entered (or at the very least peered) into her daughter's room following the investigator's search, when it would have been obvious that the sheet had been taken off Hailey's bed?
After all, it was apparent from photos that have been posted on Cranky's PB page that there were no sheets on Hailey's bed (as well as the bare mattress laying on the floor). I remember a big discussion here about it way back when.

If the answer is B): If BD gave the sheet to investigators, she would have KNOWN the sheet was missing the second she gave it to them.

Therefore, BD's claims that she didn't know the sheet was missing, while at the same time claiming she told LE to take it for the hounds is completely contradictory (as usual).

"I didn't notice" or "I don't know" or "I don't remember" or "I wasn't worried" or "I didn't ask" or "That is incorrect" or "That is untrue" seems to be an ongoing theme in this case.

Red BM

I have gone on and on about this sheet:deadhorse: It drives me crazy...
NG asks BD about the sheets, as in plural. When someone says "sheets"
most folks think of a set of sheets, top sheet, fitted sheet and pillow cases. So when NG asks BD about the sheets BD replies she didn't notice the sheet missing....as in a single, solitary sheet.
No one has ever asked BD about the rest of Haileys sheets. Surely there was a fitted sheet, pillowcase and a bedspread/comforter. It was the middle of winter, it was cold, Hailey had to have more than a sheet on her bed. When the friend (according to BD) picked up Hailey's room and folded the clothes, why didn't she make Hailey's bed? It was nice of her to pick up the room, did she ask BD for more sheets for Hailey's bed, did she ask where Hailey's bedspread and pillows were? Does LE have all of Hailey's bedding? If they do then why didn't they take her mattress for forensic evidence as well? Why was Hailey's mattress on the floor?

So, which is it?

Or

I wonder if the lab results of things taken from the shed or the bed sheet are back yet?

Wonder if anything was found in the shed? They searched it twice. Why twice?

Also, were HRD dogs used in the house and shed? We have heard nothing about this. If they haven't, I seriously think they should get those dogs in.

I don't know if HR dogs have been brought in but just remember that *if* Hailey is deceased that she may have been killed outside the home. Its something to keep in the back of your mind that Hailey may been taken/left the home alive and killed elsewhere. *If* that occured then there may not be any decomp odor for the dogs to alert on unless its introduced back into the home as residual odor. Its a double-edged sword - the alerts you get and the ones you don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back