AK AK - Jennifer Goodwin White, 25, Kasilof, August 1995

Hi Cagney,

After reading the MSM link, I think this is the right place. The 'experts' - at least the WS expert posters who are well aware of mistakes that are made with matches to UID's via dentals are all going to be in the UID forum. They would be able to help with the detailed explainations on how dentals have falsely ruled out people, but without knowing more details of how the remains found were determined to be those of Jennifer White I can't say how much help that may be. I can only think of one falsely id'd case of the thousands we have listed in the both the UID forum and various places online to match the unidentified to missing persons.

Personally, I think it the FB page is a hoax. It seems awfully odd to me if this person believing she was Jennifer she'd be soliciting FB friends to fill her in on a life she has no memory of rather than seeking legit means of proving her identity. She'd be seeking medical attention to confirm some kind of dx for her memory loss. She'd be asking to be compared to the dentals on file for Jennifer. She'd have documented efforts via medical and LE. She'd be fighting to 'disprove' her death by legal means versus trying to figure out who she is on facebook.

We've seen our fair share of hoaxes here at WS. LE isn't interested.
I hope those she is seeking out asking to share their memories aren't taken in by this. I'd hate to see them taken. IMO, if this Jennifer is legit she'd be willing to go the legit legal routes to prove her identity and I see none of that via the MSM article. Could be someone other than Jennifer trying to take over Jennifer Whites identity and possibly scam people. Or like LE suggested, a page set up by a greiving sister.

JMVHO

I think you may be right. My initial question was, if she had no idea who she was or what had happened to her for many years- how did she find her sister? how did she know who her sister was? Her sister certainly wouldn't be looking for her since she was presumed dead.

After reading the article and watching a thread unfold on a friends fb page (from the same town) the sister chimed in about the article. Although she doesn't out and out say it, her comments make me feel as if the fb isn't the sisters page after all. I am hoping she did this in order to draw out the killer and not to doupe people.

I got the impression from the article the sister had (has) a hard time believing the Jen is dead. The troopers think the sister created the facebook page to try to drum up interest or leads (quote from article)"

Troopers were aware of the Facebook page, but do not think there was anything behind it. In fact, Stogsdill suggested that Musgrove-Short may have created it.

"The thing that's happening now with the Facebook, we have no involvement in that whatsoever," Stogsdill said. "(Musgrove-Short) did say that she had some plans of her own to see if she could drum up some information and this may be a part of that but I don't know."

Personally, I believe, like Cubby, that the FB page is a hoax...

I have a friend on FB who is from the area and remembers the crime. She is looking into archived articles about the murder so maybe we can fill in the blanks. When I have some info I will post it.
I tend to agree that I think its a hoax, but none the less I would like to look into the story a bit deeper and maybe we can give this case a fresh look?

So here is some of the background, at least something....

Alaska woman keeps cold case vigil in sister's slaying
by Andrew Waite / Kenai Peninsula Clarion Fairbanks Daily News Miner
12.15.09 - 02:27 pm

KENAI, Alaska - The first time they spoke, she accused him of murder. Thirteen years later, she considers him a brother. Though they've never met, Sarah Musgrove-Short and Art White are connected by a shared love: a love for Jennifer Rachel White.

It's been 13 years since police found White's skull in a Kasilof driveway. It's been 13 years since the petite, 25-year-old missing woman became a suspected homicide victim. It's been 13 years since investigators first began searching for a potential killer.

"We're looking for anyone who saw her at all since last August -- no matter how trivial the contact," Lt. Randy Crawford told the Peninsula Clarion in 1996.

Thirteen years later, a different investigative team is still searching for the murderer.

"If people out there have thoughts or information, a phone call to any one of us would be handy," Jim Stogsdill, an investigator with the Alaska cold case unit, said recently.

Still, even 13 years later, Stogsdill's unit has a renewed hope of closing the Jennifer Rachel White (Goodwin) murder case.

Musgrove-Short has been trying locate her sister's murderer since investigators identified her remains in 1996. Even during the funeral, Musgrove-Short went around to her sister's friends asking questions. People told her she was acting inappropriately. She didn't care. She didn't know when she'd have the chance again to delve into her sister's private, scattered life.
http://www.newsminer.com/printer_friendly/5157261

I have no doubt it's a hoax, esp. since it disappeared shortly after FB was contacted.

I read this article and was waiting for someone to mention it here...

I'm not familiar with the story outside of this article, but no doubt it's a hoax. It's kind of obvious at certain points. Amnesia is the perfect and convenient thing. Sounds like the sister and the man, playing around at something. It's sad and sounds like they need mental health help.

The sister first accused the husband of the murder, now she's close to him (but they have never actually met)? If he ever was a POI, and now he and the sister are 'close', having Jennifer turn up alive would certainly stop any homicide investigation. Of course, LE would be asking for more verification of her being alive than a Facebook page.

It is very sad that her sister is dead, and I'm sure it hasn't been easy for her. I agree with the previous poster that some mental health intervention might be beneficial.

There was another well-publicized murder which took place in Kenai in 1996, the same year Jennifer's remains were found. 29-year old Loree Hannegin was murdered by Rocky Seaman (can't make that up) and his mother, Joan McGahan. Loree was murdered in retaliation for her participation in the burglary of McGahan's home. Bottom line was one group of drug dealers and addicts killing members of another. Sounds like something Jennifer may have been involved in....

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/021601/ala_021601ala0pm0060001.shtml

On another note, isnt it creepy that the husband states that Jennifer's sister has offered to pay his way to a variety of exotic places (like Hawaii) so that they can meet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back