2011.02.07 Pete Kampfer called Shawn a POI

WillenFan21

Reaction score
which is it? And do they have other info now or something that we don't know about? Cause IMO this is weird.

But right now, law enforcement says Adkins joining the search effort is not a good idea.

"If you're a named person of interest, probably wouldn't be a good idea to be out," said Pete Kampfer, City Manager of Colorado City and spokesperson for Colorado City Police.

Despite Adkins' claim he had no role in Hailey's disappearance, law enforcement says, they will continue to pursue leads.

"We'll eventually put someone in jail, if not him," said Kampfer.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339996

I wonder if they have more info now? Clint's comments about how he thinks Shawn should search to get the heat off him threw me for a loop too. Does he not think Shawn did it anymore?

"We'll eventually put someone in jail, if not him," said Kampfer

Interesting. And SA met with FBI yesterday per his interview?

JMO..but once someone has been named a suspect..unless and until LE says otherwise they are a Suspect..but, POI and Suspect can and are often used interchangeably after someone is named A Suspect...Not usually the case the other way around..as in when someone is named a POI..that doesn't always mean suspect...If any of that makes any sense...

From that statement..it wouldn't surprise me if it was meant to shake the tree a bit..especially after SA spoke with LE again yesterday...<JMO..

I wonder if they have more info now? Clint's comments about how he thinks Shawn should search to get the heat off him threw me for a loop too. Does he not think Shawn did it anymore?

Did he ever say he thought Shawn did it?

Kampfer seems to be using the terms interchangeably, for a while now. It is confusing.

I think all suspects are persons of interest (somebody LE is interested in, in some way, regarding the crime). The persons of interest that LE feels confident are involved in the crime and are starting to build a case against are officially named suspects. This is how I distinguish it anyway; it's murky. Usually, LE waits until they have really solid evidence to upgrade a POI to a suspect. I don't know if that's necessarily the case here or not.

This case is really hard to get a grip on...

No body seems to repeat the same stuff twice in this case. Its very hard to follow and figure out.

after reading that article, and the article yesterday with CD ( http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339146 ) where he says that there is someone else LE needs to find and talk too, I am really getting the impression that CD isn't convinced SA did anything to Hailey. JMO

Did he ever say he thought Shawn did it?

Clint said he's always been suspicious of Shawn because he was the last person to see Hailey and he knows the statistics. But, he also said, he doesn't want all the focus on Shawn and LE should be looking at all leads (including other people close to the family). So, I don't think he ever said he thinks Shawn did it, more that he knows he has to consider it...

after reading that article, and the article yesterday with CD ( http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=339146 ) where he says that there is someone else LE needs to find and talk too, I am really getting the impression that CD isn't convinced SA did anything to Hailey. JMO

I am with you on this. I guess we will have to see what happens. IDK maybe Clint is right maybe Billie and Shawn didn't do it & this other guy did. The police really haven't been that great working on this case from the beginning. JMO.

Kampfer seems to be using the terms interchangeably, for a while now. It is confusing.

I think all suspects are persons of interest (somebody LE is interested in, in some way, regarding the crime). The persons of interest that LE feels confident are involved in the crime and are starting to build a case against are officially named suspects. This is how I distinguish it anyway; it's murky. Usually, LE waits until they have really solid evidence to upgrade a POI to a suspect. I don't know if that's necessarily the case here or not.

This case is really hard to grip on...

According to my BIL, he is a detective, "person of interest" is a more politically correct way of saying "suspect" His department doesn't even use the term suspect and hasn't since the mid 80's.:twocents:

JMO..but once someone has been named a suspect..unless and until LE says otherwise they are a Suspect..but, POI and Suspect can and are often used interchangeably after someone is named A Suspect...Not usually the case the other way around..as in when someone is named a POI..that doesn't always mean suspect...If any of that makes any sense...

From that statement..it wouldn't surprise me if it was meant to shake the tree a bit..especially after SA spoke with LE again yesterday...<JMO..

I agree with you but the only thing is the second comment "We'll put someone in jail if not him." Why would he state that if Shawn was the main suspect? I find that as a weird comment to make. JMO

Just from what I understand..A POI can be anyone thought to have information..they may or may not have had a hand in a crime..(could even be a witness)..a Person Of Interest..

A Suspect is suspected of taking part in a crime..and can still be referred to as a POI as well..

You DO NOT hear LE say suspect unless they are very confident in their belief..(doesn't ALWAYS mean they are right of course) We don't hear Suspect much anymore until after an arrest is made..Think R Jewell of the Atlanta bombings..Calling him a suspect ruined him..he sued and won..IMO anyway..that changed how quickly LE often named someone a Suspect until they were as sure as they could be that the person had something to do with a crime...Proving that someone is guilty in a Court of Law of course requires the evidence to back up what they believe they know. When LE has that, we will see an arrest(s).. ALL JMO..

According to my BIL, he is a detective, "person of interest" is a more politically correct way of saying "suspect" His department doesn't even use the term suspect and hasn't since the mid 80's.:twocents:

True maybe he just considers both the same. Still odd he goes from one thing to the next!

I just dont know what to make of this. Do they know something that is going to take this case somewhere else?

I agree with you but the only thing is the second comment "We'll put someone in jail if not him." Why would he state that if Shawn was the main suspect? I find that as a weird comment to make. JMO

One scenario could be.. if he is covering for someone rather than the other way around..It could even be a bluff to cause someone else who is an unnamed POI believe that Shawn spilled the beans.. So many possibilities and all speculation at this point..

Since he has stated SA is the #1 suspect but their are other POI that they dont want to tip off because they could destroy evidence I always felt they think SA had some help with the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back