Silver Nitrate Sticks/DD removed from the home

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
From BD's interview on Bring Them Home yesterday:

talking abt DD...rumor abt tattoo....
bd: sliver nitrate sticks stain skin. brought them home from work. DD and friend drew on each other. no tattoo or carvings

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

This disturbs me. Lots.

And BD saying she signed papers for DD to live with his uncle?

Check this out: TX When can CPS take a child? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have to wonder if the silver nitrate sticks didn't lead to DD being removed from the home. I've never heard of a child being removed because a sibling went missing ever before! Has anyone else?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

This disturbs me. Lots.

Check this out: TX When can CPS take a child? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have to wonder if the silver nitrate sticks didn't lead to DD being removed from the home. I've never heard of a child being removed because a sibling went missing ever before! Has anyone else?

Referring to your last questions Kimster. I found this quite odd also that DD was taken from his home. As I've mentioned before, I'm Canadian and followed the TStafford case. When TS went missing, LE did not take T's then11 year old brother from his home. A lot of fingers were pointed at T's mom and her live in bf (whom I might add has a criminal background of sexual assault <thrown out> and theft). Mom also admitted to past drug use (and possibly using at the time) and was attending meth clinic. Oh I could go on and on about the similarities but I won't :crazy: You may have already read about this case yourself.

I know some of our laws are different, but for the sake of a child's safety, it should be across the board no matter what country you're from. If there's some shred of proof that a child has been abused or intentionally harmed (good example, tatooing with acid or forcing them to eat hot sauce and take cold showers) the children should be outta there. I'm thinkin LE had excellent reasons for taking DD out of there. MOO

Silver Nitrate sticks look like over sized wooden matches. They are about 6 inches long and come in cardboard like tubes. I think 25 per tube. The tube is similar to poster protectors. To activate them they need to have water addedbto the tip
BUT things may have changed, it's been years since I have seen them. We used them in our office on newborns whose umbilical cords had not fallen off by 7- 10 days due to moisture. Our doctors stopped using them and opted for 70% isopropyl alochol instead.
I dont believe it would be too hard to take a few and it not be noticed. They do turn the skin a purple to grey color.
I have never heard of using them like BD
did. And I will leave it at that. I will see if I can find a pic and post it.

Android posted please excuse typos

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...tjrCg&esq=8&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

http://www.bpmedicalsupplies.com/product.sc?productId=903

:woohoo: it worked!

This disturbs me. Lots.

Well, LE certainly suggested to Kaine Horman that he should remove his baby daughter from the home after Kyron disappeared, and I don't think that would have happened otherwise, although in that case there was also the Murder For Hire Plot.

So to me, that means they might know something else we haven't heard yet. Or maybe they just wanted to make sure that DD would be looked after better than Hailey was?

It could be that the "friend" of DD had some problems after using the silver nitrate. Maybe his parents are the ones who complained to LE? While silver nitrate is actually beneficial in alot of ways, it can cause burns to the skin:

Brief exposure to the chemical will not produce immediate or even any side effects other than the purple, brown or black skin stains, but with more exposure, side effects will become more noticeable, including burns. Long-term exposure may cause eye damage. Short contact can lead to deposition of black silver stains on the skin. Besides being very destructive of mucous membranes, it is a skin and eye irritant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_nitrate

This disturbs me. Lots.

I don't think just the silver nitrate sticks were enough evidence so to speak to remove DD from the house. IMHO, I think there was oh so much more than what we know right now that LE, FBI and Texas Rangers must have felt this child, DD could be in imminent danger if not moved to a safer environment. JMO, of course.

I don't think just the silver nitrate sticks were enough evidence so to speak to remove DD from the house. IMHO, I think there was oh so much more than what we know right now that LE, FBI and Texas Rangers must have felt this child, DD could be in imminent danger if not moved to a safer environment. JMO, of course.

I think it was because he was smack dab in the middle of the missing child investigation. Clint told one version of the DD through the window story, the 'deer in the headlight' version VS Billies version--the 'Hey Whats up', version.

That tells me that this poor kid may end up having to testify about things that happened and I think he needed to get out of Billie's home. I hope he is not under too much emotional pressure from the backlash of this 'mess.'

Isn't silver nitrate drops used quite commonly in newborn's eyes? I think they have used these drops for many years, to prevent any infections in the baby's eyes from a vaginal delivery. I watched them do this with mine, I asked them what it was and the nurse told me. I also watched them using it when my grandson was born. It's very common, but a few doctors prefer to use an antibiotic cream.
I think the sticks when dipped in water only cause a burn like you would get when you touch an iron.. the skin turns brown and finally sloughs off. I seriously doubt that this incident would spark the removal of a 16 y.o. boy from the home. I can't see how Billie would have been able to hold him down and force him.
Possibly Clint or someone made a complaint, CPS came out and talked to Billie and her son and they all agreed that he should stay with his uncle until things calm down. Maybe it was D's suggestion. No forced removal, no judge involved. I don't see why we should make it out to be more than it is.

Isn't silver nitrate drops used quite commonly in newborn's eyes? I think they have used these drops for many years, to prevent any infections in the baby's eyes from a vaginal delivery. I watched them do this with mine, I asked them what it was and the nurse told me. I also watched them using it when my grandson was born. It's very common, but a few doctors prefer to use an antibiotic cream.
I think the sticks when dipped in water only cause a burn like you would get when you touch an iron.. the skin turns brown and finally sloughs off. I seriously doubt that this incident would spark the removal of a 16 y.o. boy from the home. I can't see how Billie would have been able to hold him down and force him.
Possibly Clint or someone made a complaint, CPS came out and talked to Billie and her son and they all agreed that he should stay with his uncle until things calm down. Maybe it was D's suggestion. No forced removal, no judge involved. I don't see why we should make it out to be more than it is.

BBM-IIRC the incident with the silver nitrate sticks and CPS being notified happened before Hailey went missing.

Yes, they use to use silver nitrate drops but have since switched to erythromycin due to the severe eye irritation.

My concern for DD is which UNCLE is he living with!
I certainly hope it is NOT the UNCLE who is friends with SA.
The one that failed his oly 2 times! and passed on the 3rd......DO.

I think LE found out there has been ALLOT of child abuse (mental/physical)
in the BD household.
I believe Clint when he said BILLIE did the TATTOO on DD.
That had to hurt! Who's idea was it to scar this child?
Did BD think it wa COOL to hurt her son???
DID she STEAL these from the hospital?
NO child should be exposed to what DD and Hailey has been.
Neglect also......IMO

I read where the Nitrate Sticks are a Federally Controlled Substance. Did she remove these from the hospital where she worked or did she have a prescription?

here are a few things i think

1.LE talked to DD friend that he stayed with on sunday and confirmed DD time of leaving.

2. LE talked to the friend that stayed the night on monday and may have learned of some things going on in the house that didn't seem normal.

I believe he was removed so BD couldn't get him to change his story to match hers.
moo

When I was a teen I worked for a vet and we used silver nitrate sticks to stop the bleeding if we nicked the quick while clipping animal's toe nails. If it ever touched my skin by accident I would have a brown spot there for a week or 2. How did we come to learn that there were silver nitrate sticks in the house and was this supposedly the reason DD was removed?

1.LE talked to DD friend that he stayed with on sunday and confirmed DD time of leaving.

2. LE talked to the friend that stayed the night on monday and may have learned of some things going on in the house that didn't seem normal.

I believe he was removed so BD couldn't get him to change his story to match hers.
moo

Plus DD was the last family member (IMO and MOO) to see Hailey alive and to have some clear cut recall of what she was wearing.

IMO too, we are likely to see charges filed by CPS against BD. I think it's just being kept under wraps.

What's the saying..........loose lips sink ships.

Posted for reference from Billie's radio interview Feb 7:

Host: you had cut something into David with a circumcision knife or used acid.

Billie: I can explain what I think they&#8217;re probably talking about is silver nitrate sticks. They look like a match. You dip them in water, and they&#8217;ll stain your skin, and I&#8217;ve come home with those, or alcohol swabs, or pins in my pocket.

David and a friend got a hold of those, and drew on each other, and that&#8217;s the only thing they&#8217;ve ever drawn on each other with. There&#8217;s been no carving. or acids, or chemicals, or anything.

Did you do this to your son, what they&#8217;re accusing you of?

No.

Transcription in transcriptions section:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/

moo

Didn't she say in her blog-radio interview that DD comes over to her house every day though?

I read where the Nitrate Sticks are a Federally Controlled Substance. Did she remove these from the hospital where she worked or did she have a prescription?

No, they are not a Schedule drug (narcotics or controls Schedule C-I to C-V). They are considered a "Legend" drug which means they are available for sale on a doctor's prescription or to a facility that has a DEA license.

Posted for reference from Billie's radio interview Feb 7:

Host: you had cut something into David with a circumcision knife or used acid.

Billie: I can explain what I think they’re probably talking about is silver nitrate sticks. They look like a match. You dip them in water, and they’ll stain your skin, and I’ve come home with those, or alcohol swabs, or pins in my pocket.

David and a friend got a hold of those, and drew on each other, and that’s the only thing they’ve ever drawn on each other with. There’s been no carving. or acids, or chemicals, or anything.

Did you do this to your son, what they’re accusing you of?

No.

Transcription in transcriptions section:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/

I wonder did she do this before or after her license revocation? The reason I am asking is as a secretary/unit clerk she has no reason to be using them, as a nurse yes. Either way nurse or clerk you don't take anything like that home. I used to come home with stuff in my pocket like alcohol swabs etc which I then would put back in my pockets for work the next day. However if it was a med or anything else of that nature I would take it back to the unit. I was just that kind of a nurse. Just curious as to when this happened in relation to her license revocation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back