Cavemen started bling-bling culture

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Bling-bling culture started with Stone Age cavemen up to 280,000 years ago.

A new scientific study says hunters loved to be dripping in luxury goods, and the taste for flashy trinkets may have been what turned humans from savages into a civilised society.

Beads, jewellery and ornaments found at a cave in Blombos, South Africa, are thought to be status symbols dating back up to 77,000 years.

Until now it had been thought that an interest in fancy accessories only started around 40,000 years ago.

The New Scientist report says the earliest nomadic hunters were far more civilised than thought previously. And the lust for bling led to an early pecking-order in which people with the right gear seemed more important.

The report said: "Mass consumerism may be a 20th century invention but its roots go back to the dawn of humanity.

"Prestige goods could be the first step on the road to modern civilisation, paving the way for agriculture and urbanisation. "No one believes the guy who spends £670,000 on a Bugatti Veyron does so because he needs to travel at 250mph.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1104798.html?menu=

See that Peanut!!!! Thousands of years from now people will think that shopaholics like you and me were IT!!! :angel:

Jeana (DP) said:
See that Peanut!!!! Thousands of years from now people will think that shopaholics like you and me were IT!!! :angel:
LOL - I told you what I wanted on my head stone right?

A Star... and then the words 'you are here'

just like a Mall directory :D

LOL !!!!! Perfect!!! You should tell them to make the star look like the ones on Hollywood's walk of fame!!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back