Magician Says Tiger Bite Was Bid to Help Him

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
BERLIN (Reuters) - [size=-1] A Las Vegas-based magician who was mauled and dragged from the stage by his white tiger during a show last October said in an interview to be aired Thursday that the animal was actually trying to help him.

[/size]
[size=-1] Speaking to German broadcaster RTL, German-born Roy Horn said the tiger, called "Montecore," was trying to stop him from falling over on stage after he suffered a dizzy spell. [/size]

[size=-1]"It was an accident. Montecore understood the signals and wanted to save me," the illusionist-animal trainer said, adding: "It was unfortunate that his teeth hit my carotid artery." [/size]

[size=-1] Horn, who performed glitzy shows with white tigers and his partner Siegfried Fischbacher, insisted Montecore not be destroyed and has already visited the animal since his release from hospital just before Christmas. [/size]

[size=-1]Horn was clinically dead for about a minute and told RTL about the experience: "I saw flashing bright lights and my mother. My beloved animals were lying at her feet."
[/size]

[size=-1]Full Story
[/size]

Horn was clinically dead for about a minute and told RTL about the experience: "I saw flashing bright lights and my mother. My beloved animals were lying at her feet."

That would have been the demerol. :rolleyes:

I saw the interview with him last night.....he looks a lot better than I thought he would.

Whether or not he really suffered a dizzy spell, this man loves his animals, and if the tiger is kept in a cage (however specialized), and poses no threat to anyone, I don't see why anyone should be allowed to force the cat to be destroyed. It'd be to Roy Horn like putting his own child to death. Some people just don't get that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back