Quiet Time-What do you Hope is happening behind the scenes?

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
News has been very quiet. Investigators are not saying much. In this quiet time what do you hope is happening behind the scenes?

I'm hoping that they're piecing together movements of the key player(s), waiting on other results from evidence that was collected, and building their case for an arrest. One can hope, right?

I'm with Belimom. I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a Skyla/Taylor case, a Haleigh case, a Neveah case...so many others with or without a body.. but NO ARRESTS.

I hope that Hailey is found. I hope investigators know more than we do and are just dotting "i's" and crossing "t's".

I am praying Hailey is found safe, but my gut says she is gone and needs a proer burial.
Let's also pray that this is not like Zahra.......a body but no arrests.
I really want justice or these children.
I hate to think murderers walk free amongst us like Josh Powell.
Seems the perps have more rights than the victims some times.
Cross the t's, dot the i's and get everything together so justice is served for Hailey!!!
Bless LE, FBI, searchers and all that deal in ALL these gruesome crimes! MOO

I am hoping they have moved beyond the obvious and are checking all avenues. I think it is very strange no body has been found. To me, if something happened at home or near by, there was not enough time to elaborately dispose of a body.

I hope they are exploring possibilites along Hwy 20. Possibiities at the motel. Checking out all the SO's in a certain radius of CC. I just hope they haven't stopped with SA and his 'friends'. jmo

I hope they have heard every word uttered either by voice or key stroke by BD and SA.

I hope the investigators have quietly been gathering evidence and that their cause has been helped by BD & SA's media statements. I wish I could hope Hailey was safe somewhere but I just can't. I hope whoever caused harm to Hailey will face the severest punishment allowed by law.

And I hope this is not out of line but, I really hope BD & SA are not planning to spend Valentine's Day together.

All JMHO

I hope the investigators have quietly been gathering evidence and that their cause has been helped by BD & SA's media statements. I wish I could hope Hailey was safe somewhere but I just can't. I hope whoever caused harm to Hailey will face the severest punishment allowed by law.

And I hope this is not out of line but, I really hope BD & SA are not planning to spend Valentine's Day together.

All JMHO

Anniversary dates have a way of creeping into the psyche. Will be interesting to see if anything pops up.

imo

in my opinion i believe LE is waiting for forensic test to come back, which can take months.
i believe they got the phone records and witness statements but need to have the forensic test to make a stronger case against the person or persons involved. I can only hope this is the case and is why SA hasn't been arrested yet, I also believe BD will have her day in court too. Clint may not be hearing from LE because at this point it is the *hurry up and wait*part of the investigation and must be the hardest part for a love one to endure.
I pray everyday that Hailey is found alive, but my gut tells me she is not. so i pray that god be with the men and women on this case to give Hailey the justice she is due.

this is my own opinion

I know what I 'hope' but I am not feeling too optimistic right now. If it is true that there is really only ONE full time detective working this case, and he is actually a patrolman that was given a promotion to detective ---then I am concerned. How much experience could he have?
I know the Rangers and the FBI are supposedly working on this case. But I don't see much evidence of that. I feel like they will be back onboard if there is a big break in the case, in other words if she is found.
Unfortunately, Shawn knows the backroads really well, and he had the time and resources available to him to dispose of her and the evidence. He also has a big family giving him plenty of support and alibis necessary to keep him safe and sound until all of this 'dies down and blows over.'

So given this, I can only hope that the local LE is working the witnesses and the family members and trying to get what they need to eventually break someone, and find the facts in time to find some remains.

The pings and the routes to work and the past threats are meaningless without a body imo.

This is not over. Yes, there's limited resources and perhaps limited evidence, but there is a definite focus on SA. It may take time, but I believe something else will come to light soon that will nail him.

Prayers for Hailey. I think about YOU everyday, Honey, and want you to be found.

I think they're having further analysis done on cell phone records, current/recent conversations between Shawn/Billie, and finding and analyzing any store videos, satellite photos, etc, looking for certain cars, all in an effort to pin down where Hailey's poor little body was disposed of.

Those things are all time consuming. I've decided to just be patient, let them do their jobs, and in the meantime do what little I can to help this sweet little girl.

I try, but this LEA does not make me feel very optimistic. I really hope they video/audio taped the interviews wtih SA and BD especially, but for some reason I don't feel certain they did. Maybe because both SA and BD have been so vocal about claiming LE made things up, as if they know the interviews are not on tape.

I guess I am hoping that actual LE makes more sense than their spokesperson.

As long as were hoping-- I hope BD sees the light and tells the truth about everything she knows.

I hope they are collecting enough evidence to take to the grand jury for an indictment.
I hope Hailey is found and if its not alive her perp(s) will rot in hell.

I think that BD and SA were deliberately giving contradictory statements to slow down the investigation. That gives them an excuse to claim the LE is only focused on SA.
I hope that LE has much more on these two than they are letting on. HD did not leave her house by choice, and BD has chosen to not be Hailey's voice. Speaks volumes.

Ya'll have posted most of my hopes but I'm going to add a few.....
I hope wherever Hailey is, she has come to realize she is a wanted, beautiful child/teen.
I hope memories of Hailey are ever present in the dreams of the person responsible for her disappearance. Never again to get a restful, peaceful night of sleep.
I hope........

I think that BD and SA were deliberately giving contradictory statements to slow down the investigation. That gives them an excuse to claim the LE is only focused on SA.
I hope that LE has much more on these two than they are letting on. HD did not leave her house by choice, and BD has chosen to not be Hailey's voice. Speaks volumes.

BBM-I don't think BD and SA are all that bright to have had the forethought to give contradictory statements to LE, knowing that it would stall LE for a time. I think they have just gotten lucky.
You are right on the money with BD has chosen not to be her daughters voice, that in and of itself should be a crime, that is a Mother's Job, now moreso than ever! JMO.

I try, but this LEA does not make me feel very optimistic. I really hope they video/audio taped the interviews wtih SA and BD especially, but for some reason I don't feel certain they did. Maybe because both SA and BD have been so vocal about claiming LE made things up, as if they know the interviews are not on tape.

I guess I am hoping that actual LE makes more sense than their spokesperson.

Might not be videotaped, but I am 95% positive they have audio, at least. Even small town LE can afford and make use of a tape recorder.

Don't look for any arrests any time soon. Think about how much evidence they have against Adam & Elisa Baker and no charges yet. They simply don't have any evidence that Hailey is dead, much less proving that Shawn and/or Billie killed her. If they did, it would have leaked by now. There's just not enough to take to a grand jury.

I hope they are still looking for Hailey. She is somewhere out there, whether dead or still alive, but they need to find her before they think of charging anybody with anything.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3