On Ramp/Off Ramp ~ they all look the same to me

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=geneva,arial,sans-serif]VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A man drove 18 miles in the wrong direction on Interstates 5 and 205 before State Patrol troopers stopped his car. No one was injured. [/font]

[font=geneva,arial,sans-serif]Around 2 a.m. Monday, troopers received 911 calls from motorists saying a maroon minivan was traveling south in the northbound lanes of I-5 near La Center, Trooper Mike Kesler said. [/font]

[font=geneva,arial,sans-serif]Troopers caught up with the van near the junction of Interstates 5 and 205, and finally pulled it over on I-205 after using lights and sirens, Kesler said. [/font]

[font=geneva,arial,sans-serif]The 30-year-old Vancouver driver, who smelled of alcohol, said he didn't know he'd been going the wrong direction, Kesler said.
[/font]

[font=geneva,arial,sans-serif]Full Story
[/font]

But unfortunately I hadn't been drinking. No kidding. I live in a rural area and within a year of a 4 lane highway being open I was out one night when it was snowing really really bad. (I was a teen OK?) Anyway the snow was coming down so hard that it hampered vision, and the roadways and buildings and signs were all snow covered. I am driving along on the 4 lane and suddenly realize something is wrong. I met a car! It didn't take me long to turn around and go home. I learned my lesson about why it wasn't wise to drive in a snowstorm!

in florida elderly drivers are of great concern...and this "wrong way" scenario happens a lot. they often are on medications, hearing or vision not so good, reflexes not what they once were, but because they are a huge part of the tax base, not enough is done to ascertain whether it is time to hang up the car keys. it is an attack upon their independence in many cases, to suggest that perhaps they should not drive anymore. sometimes their families can intervene. and sometimes tragedies occur. i can only hope i'll be able to recognize when i should not be behind the wheel anymore...before i kill somebody and drive obliviously away. i guess the sheriff will let me know when i can't have a cruiser, and let me have the golf cart with the blue lights they use to patrol jail perimeter! :eek: putt putt putt....

Casshew said:
ok!

I have learned since that time NOT to drive during a snowstorm- unless it is absolutely necessary. Back then it was a challenge

This happened in the Denver area a while back. An elderly man was killed when he drove the wrong way into traffic. Ironically, he had been a race cae driver in his younger days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back