TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://knbt.fm/news/toddler-still-missing-despite-search-police-and-neighbors

Feb 5, 2011

New Braunfels, TX) -- An 18-month old toddler is still missing, despite the best efforts of New Braunfels Police and nearby neighbors who went out into the cold night searching for the young boy. Police officials say they were first called out to the 26-hundred block of Savannah Hill Circle (which sits off of Klein Road, on the east side of I-35) just before 9 o’clock last night after the mother of the 18-month old buy reported him missing. She had last seen him inside their residence about 20-minutes prior to calling police, and responding officers searched the home multiple times, then added a grid search of the entire neighborhood, with no luck finding the toddler. So a DPS helicopter was called in to search by air, while 24-hundred residents in the surrounding area were notified of the incident through the city’s Emergency Notification System. Dozens of neighbors then poured into the streets, helping New Braunfels Police and Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Officers look for the young boy, but to no avail. The 18-month old remains missing. A photo of the boy and his description has been released. His name is Joshua Davis, 18-months old, 1-feet tall, weighing 30-pounds, last seen wearing a blue and red long sleeve shirt and a grey long sleeve t-shirt, a beige and white onesy and beige jeans, and black and white socks. Anyone locating Joshua or knowing his whereabouts, please contact New Braunfels Police immediately at 830-221-4100.
Missing%20-%20Joshua_Davis.thumbnail.jpg

Goodness, this is scary. What could have happened to this baby? He is not tall enough to unlatch a screen door to get out in the streets. Wonder if the mother thinks someone took him? Bless his heart, I hope he is found soon. Sounds like the neighborhood responded quickly and will be on the lookout.

**Update: (1:17p) A press conference is coming from NBPD Headquarters at 2p and will continue every 2 hours. Search groups consisting of volunteers and Search & Rescue teams are currently being organized at Klein Road Elementary, 2620 Klein Way, New Braunfels, Texas.

**(12:55p) A press conference is to be held at 2p. We will pass along any new information.

http://knbt.fm/news/toddler-still-missing-despite-search-police-and-neighbors

Has there been anything said yet about the rest of the family? Dad? Boyfriend? Last person besides Mom that saw the child?

I think this is every parent's nightmare.....

mysanantonio.com article:

More than 100 police, fire and EMS personnel along with volunteers from San Antonio and Austin combed a New Braunfels neighborhood for an 18-month-old toddler missing since Friday night.

“We are trying to be optimistic, but it was very cold last night,” said New Braunfels Police Lt. Michael Penshorn of the overnight search for Joshua Davis.

Authorities are pursuing the idea that the child, who has been described as very mobile and who has been walking for about 10 months, may have wandered away from his parents' mobile home in the 2600 block of Savannah Hill Circle.

more at link above

Praying Joshua is no where near the Guadalupe River (known for rafting) although his residence is close.

http://kgnb.am/news/joshua-davis-st...-suspended-uniform-search-continues-overnight

1 minute ago

New Braunfels, TX) -- The search for Josh Davis, a missing 18-month old New Braunfels toddler, will continue through the over night hours by those NBPD and various professional Search and Rescue teams. The volunteer search, however has been suspended as of 6p this evening. Volunteers are asked to return to the Klein Road Elementary Command Post at 7a Sunday morning for those interested in assisting in the search. That volunteer search will continue beginning at 8a and volunteers will be subject to interviewed with the rescue organizations to see where their skills can best be used in the search effort.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/18-month-old-boy-disappears/AeyQVA2MWUOBLEwjoBzTjg.cspx

Reported by: Angel Covarrubias
Email: AngelCovarrubias@woaitv.com
Print Story Published: 6:46 pm
Updated: 6:49 pm

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - Police have been searching for 18-month-old Joshua Davis Junior since Friday night. His parents say Joshua was last seen inside his home before disappearing. Texas Troopers, Comal and Guadalupe County Sheriff’s deputies along with the Heidi Search Center have come together to find the missing baby.

6:30 P.M. UPDATE: Search for Joshua continues; NBPD interviews sex offender

<snip>

Parents, friends speak out

Joshua was last seen wearing a blue and red long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve T-shirt, a beige and white onesy, beige jeans and black and white socks. NBPD does not believe he was wearing shoes.

"Someone took him," said Michelle Griffin, family friend. "He needs medical attention immediately. He has asthma and other medical conditions."
Both of Joshua's parents were present Saturday afternoon at the Klein Road Elementary search and rescue command site.

"I last saw my son around 8 last night," said Josh Davis, Joshua's father. "He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled.

"That was the last time I saw him."

much more here

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_f3907074-3188-11e0-a507-001cc4c03286.html

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_f3907074-3188-11e0-a507-001cc4c03286.html

Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:34 pm |
Updated: 6:43 pm, Sat Feb 5, 2011.
By Megan Holt The Herald-Zeitung Herald-Zeitung |

<snipped>
Although police officials have questioned Joshua's parents, Sabrina Benitez, 21, and Josh Davis, 23, other family members present at the time of Joshua's disappearance and residents in the Savannah Hill Circle neighborhood, family friends are suspicious of the next-door neighbor.

"The sex offender has been interviewed, and we have also conducted searches on his residence and vehicle," Penshorn said. "As of right now, we have nothing to believe he's involved in this case."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie