At 95 yrs old, Couple Celebrates 80th Valentine's together

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Md. couple celebrates 80th Valentine's Day together

This year, George and Kay will celebrate their 80th Valentine's Day as a couple. In the final chapter of their life together, they don't go out dancing all night anymore as they did when they were young and romantic. Their affection for each other is not expressed with jewelry or roses, but in the acts of devotion that define what it means to grow old with someone - the realities of commitment that young lovers might not think about or want to think about.

"We were 16 once," George says. "Now we are both 95."

"How did we get there so fast?" Kay asks him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...011021303355.html?hpid=features1&hpv=national

This is such a lovely story! I hope they have quite a few years left with each other.

Okay...I shed a few tears on this one.
People always talk about "young love" but there is so much more to be said for "old love."
Old love is the inspiration for young love.

Such a heartwarming story compared to what we usually read on here. Thank you for sharing. It brought tears to my eyes and smiles too!

This wonderful couple was fortunate to have had so many years together, but I'm sure they weren't all blissful. Their story says a lot about commitment and devotion, and working through the rough times. Where have those words gone??

God bless you, George and Kay!

That brought me to tears. I hope that I am them one day;) And I hope my Grandparents are enjoying their 62nd Valentines day, although this year it is in Heaven :crazy:

The last sentence sums it up...

She always tells him, "You take such good care of me."

He always answers, "I promised."

holding-hands-emoticons.gif

What a great story! You go, Kay and George!!! May you have many more!

This brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful. What a lovely story.

:great:

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth