02.20.2011 60 Minutes Australia Interview With Adam Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

dar107

Reaction score
Word on the web is that 60 Minutes will be doing a story on Zahra including an interview with Adam Baker.

This has not been confirmed yet on their website, but is being posted about on the Hinky and FB.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#topic_top

(page 6 under the topic "Dick Tracy's Take"

It is supposed to air Sunday at 7:30.

If any locals there in OZ have any info, or links to confirm, that would be great. I have emailed 60 Minutes for confirmation and am waiting a reply. Hopefully we can get this confirmed and can discuss the interview once it has aired.

Link for 60 Minutes Australia

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/

is that Sunday evening central dar107?

The time distance to us in USA...............
would it be 7:30 am for us on Mon????

I believe that would be Australian time, one OZ poster said it would be available on their website Monday. Hopefully they will reply to my email soon. I did ask them if they would be posting it too.

Supposedly this is a clip from the upcoming interview.

[video=youtube;0Ty7JbwsswA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ty7JbwsswA[/video]

^

Thanks for the link Hickory Born
I don't even know what to think or say about that clip.

The YouTube video has now been removed. I'm going to close this thread and will re-open shortly before the show. Also, if someone finds confirmation of the show, please PM a mod with the link and we'll add it to the thread.

Reporter: Liz Hayes
Producer: Phil Goyen, Kirsty Thomson

The body of a little Australian girl is found dumped in the backblocks of America. Her dad has some suspicious holes in his memory.

Her stepmother has been locked up, but so far hasn't been charged with murder. So what happened to ten-year-old Zahra Baker?

It's a crime that's horrified and fascinated people on both sides of the Pacific. On Sunday night, for the first time, Zahra's dad tells his version of events.

It's no wonder police are having so much trouble solving the mystery.

There will be no video or transcript available due to ongoing legal proceedings in the US.
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/8213190/the-zahra-baker-mystery

Australia has some pretty strict rules about publishing any info about criminal proceedings in their country, but we don't have the same restrictions in the US.

Is there an Aussie out there who could tape and upload the show? Or, transcribe the show?

Oh please someone tape it for us, or transcribe it? I bet he does have holes in his memory!

I'm in Australia. I don't ever watch "60 Minutes" and don't give it one iota of credibility, it is sensational trash off the scale; however, I will try to take it on it's merit in regard to Zahra. I can't record it so will not be able to transcribe it (sorry). If I do manage to view it I will post here with my observations. I hope I can help.

Flakes, your views will be most interesting to me, since you see the show from the perspective that you do.

yikes....I am not up with how to tape it and put it on here.....but I am definitely going to watch it!!! I will record it on my dvd recorder as well and can be on the computer at the same time and tell you what he is saying.

I saw it advertised the other day....I also dont watch 60 minutes much these days. It used to be excellent and hard hitting journalism about world affairs, now it seems to focus on sensationalism and celebrities.....

wont miss it tho....and hubby has been told!!!

yikes....I am not up with how to tape it and put it on here.....but I am definitely going to watch it!!! I will record it on my dvd recorder as well and can be on the computer at the same time and tell you what he is saying.

I saw it advertised the other day....I also dont watch 60 minutes much these days. It used to be excellent and hard hitting journalism about world affairs, now it seems to focus on sensationalism and celebrities.....

wont miss it tho....and hubby has been told!!!

So is 60 minutes not going to air this episode in the US due to legal issues? I'm sure we'll get wind of it somehow...

MOO

Mel

Word on the web is that 60 Minutes will be doing a story on Zahra including an interview with Adam Baker.

This has not been confirmed yet on their website, but is being posted about on the Hinky and FB.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#topic_top

(page 6 under the topic "Dick Tracy's Take"

..thank you dar for the head's up.-------and to the locals in Oz that will be watching and reporting back!

..just me----or does anyone else not link to that F/B page?

..also--------to those in Oz-------this "60 minutes" program, would this be something AB would be paid to be on?

If any of the Aussie's are recording the interview on their DVR and have a camcorder, you can point the camcorder at the TV and record the interview in this manner. Just make sure the sound is up on your TV. You can then upload it to YouTube. You do need a You Tube account to do this though and it is FREE!

This is how I record all the shows using my Flip Video recorder.

I have asked one of my YT viewes in OZ to try and record the interview. IF they do, I will post the video here.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...-tv-20110219-1b0jo.html?from=brisbanetimes_sb

Zahra's dad talks on TV

THE Australian father of slain 10-year-old Zahra Baker reveals his side of the story for the first time, denying he was involved in his daughter's death, in an interview with 60 Minutes to air tonight.

Speaking to reporter Liz Hayes, Adam Baker refutes his wife Elisa Baker's claim that he dismembered his daughter's body.

Checking my AOL and Yahoo TV listings, 60 Minutes, tomorrow night, 2-20-11, at 7:00 EST is showing Bob Simons reports from Tunisia about government protests and the uprising in Egypt. Also showing, Leslie Stahl interviewing Sen. Scott Brown and Scott Pelley talking about Colin Firth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer