Match! MO - Kansas City, WhtFem skeletal UP8521, in vacant lot, Mar'88 - Lynda Hart

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 8521 https://identifyus.org/cases/8521
(Not listed in DoeNetwork)

Unidentified Female (Race Unknown)
* The victim was discovered on March 09, 1988 near the corner of 23rd & Highland in Kansas City, MO.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated Age: 20 to 29
* Approximate Height: 5'4" (64 inches)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, Curly hair
* Clothing, Jewelry: white sock, red shirt, brown leather purse
* DNA: UNT processed skull and hyoid bone for match. UNTCHI# 08-7579

Case History

The finder was in a vacant lot used as a dumping site, when he discovered a human skull lying on the ground beside a tree.

Parts recovered on 3-9-88: Skull, mandible, (1) humerus, (1) radius, (1) ulna, (1) fibula, (1) clavicle, (6) ribs, (1) tibia, atlas, axis, (14) small bones of carpal-tarsal & phalangeal groups. teeth,

The UID case just showed up today in NamUs.

This MP case just showed up last week in DoeNet.

Lynda Jane Hart
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3015dfmo.html

2192153400045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2858617300045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

All of the info available on this UID fits LJH. Her age (23) is within range, her height (5'3") is within an inch. She is from the same city, and was last seen seven months prior to the discovery of the skeletal remains. She also has brown, curly hair.

ETA: I just sent an e-mail to Tom Hensley of the Office of the Jackson County Medical Examiner

excellent possibility Carl. you'd think even without the aid of modern DNA analysis, this missing person should have been near the top of the list of prospects.

Lynda Jane Hart

All of the info available on this UID fits LJH. Her age (23) is within range, her height (5'3") is within an inch. She is from the same city, and was last seen seven months prior to the discovery of the skeletal remains. She also has brown, curly hair.

ETA: I just sent an e-mail to Tom Hensley of the Office of the Jackson County Medical Examiner

I received a call-back from Tom Hensley. He says that they have a match on the dentals, and they are now going to the family to obtain DNA samples for a positive ID. He says that this will probably take a few months, but it looks like this is Lynda Hart.

I asked him if they were aware of the possible match prior to my call, and he said that he did not know.

I received a call-back from Tom Hensley. He says that they have a match on the dentals, and they are now going to the family to obtain DNA samples for a positive ID. He says that this will probably take a few months, but it looks like this is Lynda Hart.

I asked him if they were aware of the possible match prior to my call, and he said that he did not know.

very encouraging Carl and great sleuthing. if it is Lynda, I can only say it is a damn shame no one put two and two together in the past 23 years.

Lynda Jane Hart

This UID case is no longer available in NamUs, and Linda Hart's case is no longer in DoeNet. So I am guessing that the match was confirmed by DNA.

I never heard back from Tom Hensley to verify that the DNA matched Linda Jane Hart, but he did tell me back in March that they had a match on dentals.

I can't verify the match through Social Security Death records, but since you got it right (so it seems) I'm not opposed to changing this thread to a "Match".

OK we can finally set the "Match" flag on this thread.

I sent an e-mail to Rebecca Roberts of DoeNet to see if she knows why they closed the MP casefile on Lynda Jane Hart. She Replied:

Confirmed through Tom Hensley with the Jackson County Medical Examiner office that there was indeed a dental and DNA match between Lynda Jane Hart and the UID 6UFKS (#8521 on NamUs).

The family was notified on April 11, 2011. Non Doe Network match...we did have a PM submitted but this was being investigated before that as I understand it.

Note that 6UFKS is not the same UID as 8521. 6UFKS was the Lincolnville Jane Doe, which corresponds to Namus 2422, and is still unidentified.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2422

I sent a reply to Rebecca advising that they should re-open 6UFKS, because that UID is still unidentified.

I am also pretty sure that I sent in the first possible match on LJH and NamUs UP 8521, because LJH didn't have a NamUs casefile, and I called it in within an hour of the UID casefile being published in NamUs (and about a week after LJH's DoeNet casefile was created).

Also, Tom Hensley did call me back a few weeks after I called it in to tell me that they had a dental match, and he he didn't know whether they were aware of it prior. But he didn't know about it prior.

amazing how they deny credit to ordinary citizens.

great work Carl!

they were working on it (right). Lynda was from the same city so there was always a file in their office. they just did not open it up to look at it until you called it in.

Excellent job Carl! So glad Lynda has her name back and her family some closure. Sleep peacefully Lynda.

Congratulations Carl, on a job well done!!

Great job Carl!!!! We here at Websleuths give you the credit on this match! I know how it feels when LE gives the credit to someone else....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back