Parricide - Why do kids kill their parents?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
What kind of kid is capable of such an atrocity against a parent? What kind of a situation would lead to such a violent end? Looking beyond society's most alarming trend reveals society's most alarming undercurrent: These are neglected and abused children whose options are limited--children who honestly think they have no other way out.<snipped>

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200910/why-kids-kill-parents

The above article is from Psychology Today.

This one is skeery! Are you afraid of any of your kids?

I think the lack of intact families is a huge contributor to teen anger. And watching your mom and dad pursue temporary romantic interests at the expense of time with their kids does not help. Especially where boys are concerned, I think it bothers them terribly when they see their own mom acting and dressing in ways that they may associate with a "*advertiser censored*" or "*advertiser censored*" at school. I am talking about looking at things completely from the kids point of view. The girl sees dad breathing hot and heavy after some girl 10 years younger than himself, dressed in tight short clothes wearing heavy make up and they think this is normal.
They split time at both parents homes so they are always at mom's or dad's, but they are never home.
I think it does a number on their feelings of security and trust of the opposite sex and sets them up for adult problems before they make it to adult age.

Well, to answer the question you copied in the snippet, you should think about it the other way as well. Why do some parents kill their children? Whatever reason it maybe, I'm sure it is not rational. The only valid reason I could think of is that one party is defending themselves from the other. For example, parent trying to kill kid, kid fights back and ends up killing parent or the other way around.

I don't have any kids, I'm not even married. It's always possible that some parents might be afraid of their children (either afraid because of physical violence or their bad behavior).

Wendy, coming from a family that was much better off emotionally after dad left, I don't agree if by "intact" you necessarily mean mother/father/child or children.

But within two years we had moved in with my grandparents, and a favorite aunt and her kids also spent hours each day at our house. So I was left with a very loving extended family. If I'd been inclined to kill a parent (the thought never crossed my mind) I'd have had a problem with "how" (I was rarely unsupervised) and "which one" (since I was surrounded with parental figures).

That's a far cry from the single, working-and-dating mother or father I think you are imagining.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back