UNSOLVED MS - Adams Co., Partial Skull w/ bullet wound, Feb'11

marion

Reaction score
NATCHEZ — A logger called the Adams county Sheriff’s office Monday when he discovered a human skull near Sandy Creek Road near the Franklin County line.......

Mayfield said the skull appeared to have a large-caliber bullet entry wound behind the area where the right ear would have been and an exit wound in the left ear region.....

Mayfield said the jaw and area below the ears was mostly deteriorated, leaving no opportunity to identify it based on dental records.....

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2011/feb/16/skull-bones-found-adams-county-woods/

Have they found out any more on these remains found?

This article says that they had a missing person in mind as a possible match, but I can't find any evidence either way whether Matthews is still missing or the UID was ever identified. I don't understand how these cases can disappear so totally, with no followup.

Skull, bones found in Adams County woods - Mississippi's Best Community Newspaper

Mayfield said there is a report of missing person, Juil Matthews, who has been missing for approximately five years.

Matthews, a 74-year-old Franklin county man who went by J.L., and his red 1989 Mazda pickup truck have been missing since 2007.

Mayfield said perhaps further analysis can narrow the search to include or rule out Matthews.

Nothing at all about the remains.

Juil Matthews appears to still be missing. He has a thread on Websleuths Juil Matthews — MissingSippi. I don't see him on any of the usual missing person sites, though he's still listed on the "missingsippi" website. Google turns up a few articles about the search for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back