CANADA Canada - Mission, BC, WhtFem 788UFBC, 20-40, Pickton victim, Feb'95

Ssejors

The Great And Powerful Ssej!
Reaction score
Website
jesstool.blogspot.com
VANCOUVER — Police have released a composite picture of a woman whose bones were found on Robert Pickton’s farm in Port Coquitlam in 2002.

The woman’s partial skull, with an attached vertebra, had been found seven years earlier near a creek in Mission.

“We believe someone out there knows who Jane Doe is and can help solve this mystery,” said Sgt. Dan Almas. “Somebody knew her and her family deserves to know what has happened.”

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Tas...Pickton+farm/4315822/story.html#ixzz1ES9gvwW7

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Tas...ify+Jane+from+Pickton+farm/4315822/story.html

I copied this thread to the UID forum where it will likely get more attention, and will lock the original (which was placed in the Highway of Tears forum) with a link.

4315825.bin

White female, age range 20-40.
Deceased as early as 1985, or as late as 1995.
Skull found in 1995, Mission, BC (further remains collected, 2002)

- Likely not in the ditch more than a couple of weeks, but might have been moved there; only the skull was found in Mission. Further bones found at the Pickton pig farm were matched through the DNA database during the Pickton investigation, 2002 (heel and rib). (Serial killer Pickton was charged with Jane Doe's murder, but not convicted.)

Composite is based on a partial skull (right half), missing the mandible.

Jane Doe had teeth removed from her upper right jaw at different times before her death, and she may have worn dentures.

For all of those reasons, Almas stressed he wants members of the public to contact police even if they think this sketch merely resembles someone they once knew who is now missing; despite Adrian’s best efforts, it is unlikely Jane Doe looked identical to this composite.

“Even if it doesn’t look exactly like someone they are thinking of, we still want them to call us. We will follow up on every tip,” he said.

Police now believe it is possible that Jane Doe has never been reported missing. Perhaps that’s because she was estranged from her relatives and they don’t know she disappeared, or because her family is under the mistaken belief that someone else made a missing persons report, Almas said.

Almas is asking anyone with information that might be relevant to this case — no matter how big or small — to call the task force’s tip line at 1-877-687-3377.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/WE...ne+real+name/4312738/story.html#ixzz1ESC2yHrp

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Tas...Pickton+farm/4315822/story.html#ixzz1ES9gvwW7

When I saw the sketch it reminded me of Patricia Meehan, does anyone else think it looks like her? She went missing from Circle, Montana in 1989, and was 37 at time time so she fits into time range and age range.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meehan_patricia.htm

meehan_patricia2.jpg
4315825.bin

Yeah, very much so, especially when you ignore the jaw and chin portions of the reconstruction. Her turned up nose, is identical. And the width and bridge of the nose is right as well.

She should be considered, given the proximity of Montana to Canada.

BTW, Jupiter, your link is bad, so here it is again:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/meehan_patricia.html

ETA: Since Canada does not have a CODIS equivalent, they are much more dependent on tips from the public to make their matches.

Hopefully LE has compared the Florence Deflers case to the skull found in Ruskin/Mission. Someone who remembered hearing about it years ago told me about the case, but they could not remember her name. After a lot of scouting around, this is the only info I've ever been able to locate on her:

Florence Deflers was a 25 y.o. tourist from Paris, France who arrived in Canada in 1984 and went to the Okanagan area of BC seeking orchard work; her decomposed, headless body was found in a shallow grave on the edge of a Cawston orchard (just outside Keremeos, BC) in 1985. AFAIK, her skull was never found. In 1988, Ernest Speta of Matsqui, BC (just a few kms across the Fraser River from Ruskin/Mission where Jane Doe's skull was found) was charged with her death and ultimately acquitted of second degree murder. To my knowledge, nobody else was ever charged. I have never seen a picture of Florence, so have nothing to compare with the sketch that has been released.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...8SYSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6O8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5210,182137

ETA: Sorry ... In the above linked article, you have to take the little blue box on the right side of the screen and move it back and forth to read the details. Ugh ... best i could do.

Hey Sillybilly,

I think that the article said they found more bones with same DNA as the skull on the murderer's property, so unless Florence's body was missing some other bones (but article only mentions missing head), it is probably not her skull.

Does someone maybe want to submit the Patricia Meehan tip? The LE said they are looking for any info, no matter how big or small, so maybe this tip should be submitted? Idk, there isn't that much to compare on, but with what we have I think she should be considered.

Hey Sillybilly,

I think that the article said they found more bones with same DNA as the skull on the murderer's property, so unless Florence's body was missing some other bones (but article only mentions missing head), it is probably not her skull.

Does someone maybe want to submit the Patricia Meehan tip? The LE said they are looking for any info, no matter how big or small, so maybe this tip should be submitted? Idk, there isn't that much to compare on, but with what we have I think she should be considered.

I agree that the sketch resembles Patricia Meehan and that she is an excellent possible, and that you should submit it as a tip based on the facial similarities to the sketch.

There are numerous reasons that I don't discount a Florence Deflers connection, but I'm not pushing that theory to the exclusion of any other, just putting it out there as a possible.

I went ahead and called in Patricia Meehan as a possible.

I spoke with Detective Dan Almas, and he was very polite and grateful for my tip. He says that he will take this very seriously and look into it

I agree that the sketch resembles Patricia Meehan and that she is an excellent possible, and that you should submit it as a tip based on the facial similarities to the sketch.

There are numerous reasons that I don't discount a Florence Deflers connection, but I'm not pushing that theory to the exclusion of any other, just putting it out there as a possible.

I think that was a great tip! I tried every which way to find something on Florence and came up basically with the same thing.Poor girl.I tried to find more about the suspect you mentioned, but could not - maybe he is in jail for something else?

Mounties investigate leads in Jane Doe's case
It's been linked to Robert Pickton's farm
Shane Bigham Feb 23, 2011 16:12:08 PM

•Who is Jane Doe?
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The Missing Women Task Force has received 22 tips since Saturday, after releasing a composite picture of a 'Jane Doe' linked to Robert Pickton's farm in Port Coquitlam ...

full article at:
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/188196--mounties-investigate-leads-in-jane-doe-s-case

ETA: Couldn't help but notice that the above article was published February 23 ... 16 years to the day that the victim's skull was located.

Patricia Meehan was a chilling case. She just gets up and leaves after a car wreck. Especially in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere. Her eerie self portrait that was found the camera, I'm getting chills thinking about it.

I think this is her, but what happened to her? Did someone murder her??

Have you heard anything from the detectives Carl? I wonder if they have pursued this lead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back