Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Missing_-_Joshua_Davis_20110205131400_320_240.JPG

Joshua Davis

(New Braunfels, TX) -- An 18-month old toddler is still missing, despite the best efforts of New Braunfels Police and nearby neighbors who went out into the cold night searching for the young boy. Police officials say they were first called out to the 26-hundred block of Savannah Hill Circle (which sits off of Klein Road, on the east side of I-35) just before 9 o’clock last night after the mother of the 18-month old buy reported him missing. She had last seen him inside their residence about 20-minutes prior to calling police, and responding officers searched the home multiple times, then added a grid search of the entire neighborhood, with no luck finding the toddler.

http://kgnb.am/news/toddler-still-mi...-and-neighbors

Previous threads

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Kat said it on the last thread (now closed so I couldn't quote):

He is so tiny, and the world is so big, and how can we hope to find him when someone has hidden him? There are an infinite number of places this precious child could be, and I am just so hopeless about finding him, God love him. There are too many children we can't find!! This is so wrong!

I got that thought from M. Klaas CoCo (love your screename) he said that one night while discussing a missing child.

I think about it sometimes when I read about missing children or missing babies, toddlers. How tiny they are, especially when they curl up in your arms.

So tiny, and like M. Klaas said the world is a huge place and like you said CoCo there are infinate number of places for Joshua to be.

He is so precious as all children are but those eyes and that smile touch your heart--don't they. Those eyes.

JMHO

Agreed. He is adorable. And 18 months is like my favorite age. They are so amazing and sweet and curious and wonderful at that age. I just don't understand how anyone can harm an 18month old child. An 18 yr old, can clearly see how one could lose their temper, how one could be angered by a cursing or lying teenager. I don't condone it obviously, but I can understand how it happens. My husband and son almost came to blows once and they are very close and love each other. BUT 18 MONTHS? How can you be angry with a tiny child like that? They are not mean or willful or hateful. UUgghhhh

Just a reminder of what the searchers have to contend with:

Notice how much open empty space is behind and around their home:

There is so much brush and thick grass:

mediaManager

mediaManager

For some reason, I just really think he's out there. I want so much for them to find him. I had given up hope of them finding Caylee, and then they found her. I would not have thought anyone could find that tiny, little girl where they did, either.

Even if it's too late to save him, I really hope they can find him.

Tuffy - Here is that first picture with Joshua's big brother blurred out.

*I am so well trained... I'm like a little puppy....* :seeya:

And I agree with you.... that's where the right dogs are so helpful. It is nearly impossible to find anything otherwise.

joshua.jpg

OMG. Those fields are scary looking. You would have to search inch by inch for a tiny body if you hoped to find one.
What about the dogs? Do we know if they were well trained ones? Could they have missed the scent trail?

The dogs were brought in from a number of places, including at least 2 private search groups, as well as bloodhounds from the TX prison system.

As has been discussed before, there is a pretty good chance that all of them were the wrong dogs. That's why I still believe he wandered off. I just think they can't find him because they are using the wrong resources to look. JMO.

When my nephew wondered off, the only reason they found him, was because he had a dog with him. Men on horseback actually found the dog, not him. The dog took them too him. He was squatted down in the tall grass. This was 281 south, outside loop 1604 for the locals. Thank goodness he was found!

Tuffy - Here is that first picture with Joshua's big brother blurred out.

*I am so well trained... I'm like a little puppy....* :seeya:

And I agree with you.... that's where the right dogs are so helpful. It is nearly impossible to find anything otherwise.

smiley-vault-signs-008.gif

You are good, MsFacetious! I totally didn't think about that when I posted that pic!

I'm going to see if I can get a mod to take my pic out.

I just wanted to give a good idea of what it would look like on the ground around there. From the Google maps you might get the impressions that there are lots of wide open spaces, that aren't so hard to search.

Can someone who owns a SAR dog voluntarily walk a dog up and down in the area or is this disallowed? They could be doing it for the exercise and for practice.

Can someone who owns a SAR dog voluntarily walk a dog up and down in the area or is this disallowed? They could be doing it for the exercise and for practice.

I'm pretty sure it would be allowed, but the dog would have to have a scent source. A cadaver dog could just be taken out to look for a hit.

Not that I am or would condone any kind of public involvement in a case. :innocent:

I know what you mean. My area looks the same from Google maps. Yet it looks the same from the ground. I spent weeks looking for a cat I didn't even like when it went missing. It was an impossible task with just people. Without the correct dogs, they wouldn't find Joshua unless they just stumbled upon him.

smiley-vault-signs-008.gif

You are good, MsFacetious! I totally didn't think about that when I posted that pic!

I'm going to see if I can get a mod to take my pic out.

I just wanted to give a good idea of what it would look like on the ground around there. From the Google maps you might get the impressions that there are lots of wide open spaces, that aren't so hard to search.

Where is Roy Kronk when we need him? :angel:

Seriously, though, I wish that LE would issue some sort of updated statement, and I wish that the press was pushing for something! This poor sweet angel has no one looking for him anymore, it seems.

From further down...

Sgt. Fred Pfeil:

“We hear a lot of speculation from outside. It seems to be that the people who have the least amount of information want to talk the most and speculate on what could have happened,”

Mom waiting to be cleared by a doctor for the LD test..

Police have interviewed dozens of people - but LE being closed mouth regarding details..

“So much of that is all being kept under wraps with a few people,” said Pfeil.

Organizations helping with the investigation have included the FBI, the Texas Rangers and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Just a reminder of what the searchers have to contend with:

Notice how much open empty space is behind and around their home:

There is so much brush and thick grass:

mediaManager

mediaManager

For some reason, I just really think he's out there. I want so much for them to find him. I had given up hope of them finding Caylee, and then they found her. I would not have thought anyone could find that tiny, little girl where they did, either.

Even if it's too late to save him, I really hope they can find him.

I just want to share a little bit of insight from personal exeriences from having lived in Central Texas for nine years. It's my own experience and my vary from other's who have lived there.

See what looks to be tall weeds? (I'm from KY and have lived in the South USA and the midwest USA at times and if that is your point of reference it is natural to think of them as tall weeds and therefore easy to pass through because they would bend and sway as tall weeds tend to do)

That's actually brush. Brush bordering on scrub. It is not easily passable. It would be difficult for me as an adult to make headway across a field filled with that brush/scrubby brush. I know I have tried to walk a field like that more than once and just could not make headway across the field and had to retrace my steps and find another route to where I wanted to walk to.

That right there puts a small shadow of doubt in my mind as of right now that this 18 month old baby navigated the fields behind his home or directly across the street from his home if they have brush and/or scrub like that especially in the thick of darkness.

I just don't see him making it very far into that brush in pitch darkenss. I don't imagine that there is a lot of lighting around those fields that illuminate those fields in the evening clearly enough to walk them and see where you are going.

Let's say he did make it out of the house, and he entered those fields to wander off. It goes against all of the experiences that I have had a Mom to think that this baby wandered off into the dark night. He wandered off across brush filled fields(s) where the brush was taller than him and he couldn't see which direction he was headed in. Why wouldn't he sit down where he was in that pitch black freezing field and cry for his parent(s)?

It isn't jibing for me now that I've had a look at those fields if they are the fields close to his home.

All JMHO.

Good points, Kat. We can add the icy conditions to the other problems associated with maneuvering in those fields.

What kat says is true. If it was summer, like when my nephew wondered off, and everything is dry, brittle and daylight, I would argue. But the conditions of this paticular evening, the brush would be very thick and tough. Hmmm. Makes me wonder. Thanks kat! Have to think on this a bit
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member