AR AR - Robert Wayne Cox, 57, Havana, 18 Feb 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Yell County authorities are searching for Robert Wayne Cox, 57, who last seen Friday at one in the afternoon near his home in Havana in Western Yell County. Cox is a white male, 5'10" and 130 lbs with salt and pepper hair, brown eyes and a full beard. He was last seen wearing a navy blue hoodie, light gray sweat pants and gray tennis shoes. He was reported to suffer from dementia and is not able to speak and may be disoriented. Family members advised that he walks with his head down but is likely to get into a vehicle on his own. Authorities indicate that someone may have picked him up and area hospitals have been notified.

Area law enforcement and volunteers searched Saturday into the night with tracking dogs and helicopters and the search has resumed this morning with ATV's, horses, Yell County's Dive Team and Mounted Patrol, aircraft as well as volunteers on the ground.

Photo at link: http://www.katv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14065904

http://www.facebook.com/yellcountysheriff

Investigators from the Yell County Sheriff's Department continue to follow leads in the case of Robert Cox who was reported missing on 2/19/11 from his home near Havana, Arkansas. Yesterday afternoon divers from the Yell County Dive Team conducted searches at Spring Lake north of Belleville, Arkansas, and volunteers have continued to search areas near the residence with no success.
Wednesday at 6:27pm

Yell County Sheriff's Department
Search Update: Officers searched the area around Mr. Cox's residence again today with three additional search dog teams and still have not located any sign of Mr. Cox.
February 21 at 8:46pm via iPhone ·

I have contacted a NW AR station that is a bit closer to Havana than the KATV viewing area. In fact, it broadcasts from 1 1/2 hours away from Havana. I've asked them to give this story air time and to feature it prominently on their website. (I live two hours away from Havana, and I haven't seen or heard anything about it up to this point.) Hopefully it will be picked up by this station to widen the awareness area to the west and north.

Prayers that Robert will be located, safely.
RobertWayneCox57MISSINGHavanaArkansas.jpg

As I read through the family website, media coverage and posts here, I am confused at the lack of mention of Robert Cox's wife. There is an initial mention of his wife providing a description of his clothing. I went to the facebook page and noticed a comment there from Feb 13 about Robert's wife and son. Does anyone have any insight into the dynamics here? I know it's not uncommon for the tension of a missing family member to fracture family relationships, so I'm not clear on whether this is the case here. I guess I'm hoping that his wife and son are active in keeping his search going through another direction I just haven't located.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

The Missing Part 1: Robert Wayne Cox
02/09/2015
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/the-missing-part-1-robert-wayne-cox/60639/x5FSD3ZDPEOvzWj2-42ZmQ
YELL COUNTY, AR - On February 19, 2011 Robert Wayne Cox disappeared from his Yell County home in Havana. How he ended up "missing" is still being debated.

The sheriff's department isn't talking, but his sister and dad are along with a private investigator who's volunteering his own time, because in his words there has to be justice for "The Missing."

Getting to the last place Robert Wayne Cox was last reported seen takes a lot of effort, even for the most able bodied person.

Now imagine navigating this terrain while being disabled, and unable to speak.

Video with Robert's sister at link.

Robert has been missing for 4 years now.

The Missing Part 1: Robert Wayne Cox
02/09/2015
http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/the-missing-part-1-robert-wayne-cox/60639/x5FSD3ZDPEOvzWj2-42ZmQ

Video with Robert's sister at link.

Robert has been missing for 4 years now.

Were there any children? I havnt read anything about them looking for their dad. It seems to be just Roberts dad and sister. How did his wife think that he could have climed thru all this bush and undergrowth to get out to this clearing? Robert was scheduled for a dementia test, but it seems to me his problems were not so much dementia, as it was physical problems. Back huntched over neck leaning forward and head bent down in his chest. Unable to speak....all of these things manifest in just a few short months. Does that sound like he may have been poisoned??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back