GUILTY OH - Betheny Mehall, 25, & Cord Cox, 23, shot to death, Harpersfield, 19 Feb 2011

mushyb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HARPERSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio — Betheny Mehall, 25, and her 23-year-old boyfriend, Cord Cox, died the way they lived, at each other's side.

The Ashtabula County sheriff's office says the couple was found shot to death Sunday afternoon in a parked car at the dead end of Bishop Road in an industrial park in Harpersfield Township, outside of Geneva.

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-couple...shtabula-county-txt,0,7794734.story?track=rss

Just so sad two young lives snuffed out!

Young Couple's Double Homicide Stuns Small Ohio Town

Authorities in Ohio are investigating the double homicide of a young couple who were found shot in the head over the weekend.

The bodies of Cord Cox, 23, and his 25-year-old girlfriend, Betheny Mehall, were discovered Sunday afternoon in a vehicle parked on a remote road in Ashtabula County, about 50 miles northeast of Cleveland. Authorities have not named a suspect or person of interest in the killings

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and new pictures at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/y...stuns-small-ohio-town/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

It seems she was a mom of a four year old. :(

Such a senseless waste of young lives. Both were nursing students.

Very tragic indeed,
fran

my prayers for the victims and their families.
it's horrible, someone was in the back seat of their car and shot them both execution style in the heads.
does anyone know anything about the area of town they were found in?

who would be able to get them to drive there?
how remote was the area? would the killer be able to walk somewhere to transportation, or would he have had a ride pick him up?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=176955&catid=45

not much new, they were wearing their seatbelts still and the car & heat were still running.
obviously whoever killed them; they trusted enough to let into their car. unless they were carjacked from elsewhere.

whoever killed them shot them each with one bullet to the back of the head. that's impersonal and execution style.

the sheriff mentions that they were inspirational to the young people in the town... how were they inspirational to young people there? would someone be jealous of them?

they weren't robbed.
i hate to bring up such things, however was either of them involved in either drugs or debts?

as for the coolio rap lyrics that cord left on his facebook in jan. i wouldn't read much into them; unless he was living a gangbangin lifestyle.

in clarke and straub's case they were suffocated with plastic bags. in that case, i believe whoever did it knew that straubs parents would be out of town and had been watching them. the ransacking of the home would be only a mere attempt to suggest robbery as a motive, when murder was the motive.

the things these cases have in common are they are both young couples, would a serial killer change his m.o. as to not get caught?

in straub and clarke's case, clarke was on the phone with a friend and dropped it. le has interviewed the friend about the call and this guy is still not caught, my guess is that they didn't know their killer(s).

possibly in either of these cases, the killer has inserted himself into his victims' lives prior to their deaths in order to build a facade of "trust" if you can call it that.

the area where mehall and cox was found is very rural, i just googled it. bishop road, harpersfield township, ohio. it's also very close to interstate 90.
bishop road also seems to be township hwy 132

i would think the killer would have had to have either

a. his car or getaway vehicle (atv, dirtbike not excluded)
b. someone ready to pick him up
c. made his way out on foot to the interstate (then of which he caught a ride or hitchhiked)

my guess is he had his own vehicle near or had someone ready to pick him up.
waiting for a ride and risking people seeing him near the interstate would be dumb. especially if no one picked him up.

was anyone jealous of cox and mehall and maybe had an obsession with mehall?

OK, NG is talking about this case and is not mentioning the arrest at all. She is saying that these were two kids, minding their own business and that nothing has come forward to show any motive or suspect...I am confused-there has been an arrest, and Le is saying it was drug-related. Is it because she has family on the show, she is pretending there has not been an arrest? I can't understand why hours later, she would not have the information that LE has arrested someone. It is weird to watch this show, knowing that there is indeed a suspect and yet no one is mentioning it.

OK, now NG is saying that the news is "breaking" at this instant that an arrest is being made, but no knowledge if one or two suspects, etc...I really can't tell if she is just not on top of this story or wanted to wait until the victim's father hung up?

Clearly they are not up on this story, as the profiler is talking about a serial killer...:(

NG's show is prerecorded. She had Cords father on and he didn't even know yet===so I think she found it in real time.

Now at the PC (on NG) which is not live-(though NG won't say so.)
LE says there is an ongoing relationship between victims and alleged shooter.

NG's show is prerecorded. She had Cords father on and he didn't even know yet===so I think she found it in real time.
I read about the arrest about 4 hours ago? Is it that pre-recorded? I did not know that.

I read about the arrest about 4 hours ago? Is it that pre-recorded? I did not know that.

Yes, I think so. I mean she had Cord's father on live, and wouldn't he have known about the arrest already? And she cut to the Press Confernce which was still going on. So I think she was in the middle of taping when the arrest was made.

Yes, I think so. I mean she had Cord's father on live, and wouldn't he have known about the arrest already? And she cut to the Press Confernce which was still going on. So I think she was in the middle of taping when the arrest was made.

I noticed the PC did not say "live" in the corner...
I really got the impression that she was just behind and did not have the story. And his dad would not be likely to bring it up since the cops mentioned a drug deal? The PC was at 4pm EST. I thought her show was either "live" or just taped right before, as I have heard from people on here who call in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back