Anthony Defense Questions Whether Evidence Staged

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"Of all the disturbing images surrounding the death of Caylee Anthony, none may be as distressing as one prosecutors have prepared -- a computerized composite of her skull with duct tape appearing to be reattached....
...But at least one of the photographs showing the skull and duct tape is being challenged in depositions by Anthony’s defense attorneys, as they prepare for the May 9 jury selection."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27004744/detail.html

"Of all the disturbing images surrounding the death of Caylee Anthony, none may be as distressing as one prosecutors have prepared -- a computerized composite of her skull with duct tape appearing to be reattached.......But at least one of the photographs showing the skull and duct tape is being challenged in depositions by Anthony’s defense attorneys, as they prepare for the May 9 jury selection."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27004744/detail.html

Bold mine.

Why is clickorlando using the word "reattached", as if to imply that the duct tape was attached, then came off, and was now reattached. Is this another media outlet putting their stamp of approval on the defense?

I can just see ICA having to sit there while the prosecution describes this horrid image. She won't be able to contain herself.... again.

Yes the evidence was staged!!!!! By ICA when she placed the duct tape on her baby's face!!! :furious:

I guess they are trying anything they can to make people think this is a cliff hanger. Oooh, stay tuned...news at 11!!

Either that or they are the dimmest bulbs in the ceiling fan.

*sigh*...*sigh*...What a load of nonsense. This will get them nowhere.

ITA. And the defense trying to say the evidence was staged is about as ludicrous as George saying he didn't mow his yard for five weeks. Are we supposed to believe that RK picked up the skull broke the mandible off, ran down to the A's house, took the Henkel Duct tape, ran back, fixed the mandible (why?!) then took the roll back, noticed that silly old George left his blowhole open on his gas can, fixed that, sloppily...decided to have a swim, moved the pool ladder and left the gate open?

"In an interview with investigators less than a week after finding the remains, Kronk said he “lifted it barely … I just kinda lifted it up a little bit … and then I just dropped it.”
It’s that lifting and dropping that defense attorney Cheney Mason used to question medical examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia during her September 2010 deposition."

What a joke. Did Kronk poke the skull with a stick or not---and if so, did it move up and down a little...????

WHO CARES ? Do they think the jury really gives a hoot if poor sweet Caylees duct taped skull moved or not when Kronk poked it?

I remember when Baez firat took the case---he said that he was going to explain the unusual behavior of a young mother who did not report her child missing, and who seemed not to grieve. Baez said there was a very good explanation for that odd behavior, and during the trial he would share that information, and we would all understand exactly what happened. Trying to determine of the skull 'lifted' when it was found will not explain anything to us. imo

OMG IM GOING TO SCREAM! Tonight is just too much. I'm going home and I'm going to crack a beer first thing! Then, I will sleep and hope I can handle this Craziness in the morning!

Tampering: 1) to carry on underhand or improper negotiations (as by bribery) 2) to interfere so as to weaken or change for the worse.

I don't understand how they get the word "tampering" from Roy Kronk's deposition? Now, I know we haven't had a chance to read the deposition, but from the report they had on television, it seems they are using Roy Kronk's statement about poking through Caylee's eyesocket (so sad) as the determining factor in accusing him of tampering? Am I understanding this right?

Like I said in the other thread... there was a lot more tampering done to Caylee's remains by animals, the Florida summer elements, and Dominic Casey than Roy Kronk poking to make sure he knew what he was looking at. A lot worse things happened to Caylee in those 6 months that she layed out in those woods than what Roy Kronk did and I can not believe the defense is STILL going in this direction.

I really do not think that a jury is going to take too kindly to the defense attacking this man. He did the right thing... as far back as August 08! He called LE which is more than anyone can say about Casey Anthony. Yes, it sucks that the responding officer was such a tool, but how does that make Roy Kronk the bad guy? Although I consider Roy Kronk Caylee's hero, but I would never want to be in his position, and not because of what the defense is doing. He found the duct-taped skull of a two-year-old murdered child... it is something that no one should ever have to witness... and he did. He has to live with that picture in his head... not Casey... not Cindy... not George... not Dominic Casey (Thank GOD!)... not Jose Baez or anyone on Casey's defense team. Detectives and Medical Examiners have made it their lifes work to have to witness such horrific images... not meter readers!

Thank you Mr. Kronk for doing the right thing and continuing to keep your eyes open for Caylee... she needed someone like you and I hope that once this trial is over that you can go on to live your in peace. You are a hero!

Tampering? I don't see checking an object to determine what it is tampering. Now if KC had reported that Caylee was in those woods and RK had run in there and moved what was obviously a child then yeah, I would say arrest him. But a weathered skull doesn't look like a child. And I can see him checking to see if he is really seeing that or something else.

They are trying to imply that Kronk changed the scene to evade arrest himself. But how would moving the skull a minute amt help him at all? It wouldn't. It wouldn't implicate him or KC. All it would do is allow him to identify that indeed what he was seeing was a skull, and give him what he needed to actually get LE to look at it.

ITA. And the defense trying to say the evidence was staged is about as ludicrous as George saying he didn't mow his yard for five weeks. Are we supposed to believe that RK picked up the skull broke the mandible off, ran down to the A's house, took the Henkel Duct tape, ran back, fixed the mandible (why?!) then took the roll back, noticed that silly old George left his blowhole open on his gas can, fixed that, sloppily...decided to have a swim, moved the pool ladder and left the gate open?

there is nothing funny about this case but when I just read this post I LOL'd trying to envision this! :crazy:

Bold mine.

You made me laugh soooo hard, LL! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Darn those squirrels...betcha they were behind all the running back and fourth....payback for the dead squirell that made it to the engine....

Lordy, Lordy....they do scoop low---

Originally posted by LolaMoon08...

Tampering: 1) to carry on underhand or improper negotiations (as by bribery) 2) to interfere so as to weaken or change for the worse.

I don't understand how they get the word "tampering" from Roy Kronk's deposition? Now, I know we haven't had a chance to read the deposition, but from the report they had on television, it seems they are using Roy Kronk's statement about poking through Caylee's eyesocket (so sad) as the determining factor in accusing him of tampering? Am I understanding this right?

Like I said in the other thread... there was a lot more tampering done to Caylee's remains by animals, the Florida summer elements, and Dominic Casey than Roy Kronk poking to make sure he knew what he was looking at. A lot worse things happened to Caylee in those 6 months that she layed out in those woods than what Roy Kronk did and I can not believe the defense is STILL going in this direction.

I really do not think that a jury is going to take too kindly to the defense attacking this man. He did the right thing... as far back as August 08! He called LE which is more than anyone can say about Casey Anthony. Yes, it sucks that the responding officer was such a tool, but how does that make Roy Kronk the bad guy? Although I consider Roy Kronk Caylee's hero, but I would never want to be in his position, and not because of what the defense is doing. He found the duct-taped skull of a two-year-old murdered child... it is something that no one should ever have to witness... and he did. He has to live with that picture in his head... not Casey... not Cindy... not George... not Dominic Casey (Thank GOD!)... not Jose Baez or anyone on Casey's defense team. Detectives and Medical Examiners have made it their lifes work to have to witness such horrific images... not meter readers!

Thank you Mr. Kronk for doing the right thing and continuing to keep your eyes open for Caylee... she needed someone like you and I hope that once this trial is over that you can go on to live your in peace. You are a hero!

I couldn't agree more with LolaMoon08. Also, another thank you goes out to Mr. Kronk. You deserved a much higher reward, and a million more thank you's than you received.You were a turning point in this tragic horror that had to happen. You made it so much more possible for little Caylee to get the justice that she so very much deserves. You deserve respect on so many different levels. It really hasn't been portrayed that way. Where would we currently be in this case if it hadn't been for you? You went the extra mile to help find an adorable, precious, beautiful baby girl, that was gone, with no honest answers to help find her. And, she disappeared while in the care of her cruel, jealous, and vindictive (so-called) mother. You ARE, without a doubt, the hero in Caylee Anthony's life story. God Bless you:gthanks:.

I can just see ICA having to sit there while the prosecution describes this horrid image. She won't be able to contain herself.... again.

Let us hope she can show some emotion for Caylee...finally.
imo

The jury will be so insulted by this.

Even if the skull WERE tampered with (which I do not believe for a minute), then someone needs to explain how the rest of Caylee's little bones got scattered there in the swamp, and had obviously been there for months. Besides, Kronk would had to have been able to "age" the duct tape to make it appear as if it had been there for months. How preposterous.

The sheer weakness of of this argument by defense shows the total weakness of their case. Once pictures of the skull with duct tape are shown to a jury, I don't think any person in that courtroom would dare to open their mouth to attempt to explain away that this child were murdered and that the murderer is sitting right there at the defense table. I think that Cindy, George and Lee Anthony won't be able to hold their heads up after seeing the pictures, much less look at Casey after seeing what was done to Caylee. Hearing about it and actually seeing images are two different things.

Roy Kronk FOUND her. Once he saw exactly what it was he found, Roy Kronk called it in. Isn't that what any single one of us would have done? As far as touching the skull, it was also touched by the LE person who had to pick up the skull, bag it and bring it in. And the duct tape DIDN'T move because it was still wrapped around the head and hair. Casey did a bang-up job of taping Caylee's little face and head.

Even if the skull WERE tampered with (which I do not believe for a minute), then someone needs to explain how the rest of Caylee's little bones got scattered there in the swamp, and had obviously been there for months. Besides, Kronk would had to have been able to "age" the duct tape to make it appear as if it had been there for months. How preposterous.

The sheer weakness of of this argument by defense shows the total weakness of their case. Once pictures of the skull with duct tape are shown to a jury, I don't think any person in that courtroom would dare to open their mouth to attempt to explain away that this child were murdered and that the murderer is sitting right there at the defense table. I think that Cindy, George and Lee Anthony won't be able to hold their heads up after seeing the pictures, much less look at Casey after seeing what was done to Caylee. Hearing about it and actually seeing images are two different things.

Roy Kronk FOUND her. Once he saw exactly what it was he found, Roy Kronk called it in. Isn't that what any single one of us would have done? As far as touching the skull, it was also touched by the LE person who had to pick up the skull, bag it and bring it in. And the duct tape DIDN'T move because it was still wrapped around the head and hair. Casey did a bang-up job of taping Caylee's little face and head.

I agree once the jury sees the condition and aged duct tape they will see how preposterous this defense claim is.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html

However, I have read defense advocates question the upright position of the skull when found. This is what I think the defense is referring to with the tampering claim. Whether Kronk poked the evidence or not does not negate all the evidence that Casey was responsible for Caylee's demise and that the evidence had been there for months.

"Well," Karas replied, "go with accidental death, they kind of say, 'She did it.' And they're not saying Casey did it. That would be more, she did it, it's really a manslaughter. But there's a lot for the defense to work with in this case just to raise reasonable doubt. Because of this meter reader, Roy Kronk.

"He finds the body, the remains. But he had called in the same location three times in August, months earlier, so does he know something? Was he responsible for placing the bag there? With the remains? This is something that the defense at least wants to raise, to create reasonable doubt in the jury's mind - that Casey didn't put her there. This meter reader knew where she was for months."

The trial, Karas says, will be "good for the defense" in that "the judge is going to pick a jury in another city, and then ship them into Orlando and sequester them, and (court) is going to meet six days a week. It's going to be a very busy trial for about two-and-a-half months. But this is a tough (case) for the defense, because Casey lied to the police. She's charged with four counts of lying to the police, that she never reported her baby missing for 31 days. Her mother did, when her mother realized it. So, Casey has some explaining to do, or her defense has some explaining to do. So, it's tough."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/26/earlyshow/saturday/main20036784.shtml

I can see their defense IF they didn't implicate RK...okay, ICA had a terrible accident, she panics (all those calls to mom and pop) and makes up this elaborate story of this nanny and an abduction. She was more afraid of her mother than the police so she made it appear as if the child were kidnapped...so she "staged" the area. She continued on with her life for 31 days, evaded her parents because she couldn't tell them about what happened to Caylee because she feared her mother, so she had to continue to lie to pretend....

Possible for a jury to swallow, but would it get her a manslaughter conviction? JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back