Baby mistakenly locked in bank vault

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"Firefighters worked feverishly on Friday evening to rescue a 14-month-old baby who became locked inside a bank vault, Channel 2 Action News confirmed...."
"...The 14-month-old wandered off and into the vault unbeknownst to her parent. The vault, which has a time lock closed, trapping the child inside."

"Firefighters worked feverishly on Friday evening to rescue a 14-month-old baby who became locked inside a bank vault, Channel 2 Action News confirmed...."
"...The 14-month-old wandered off and into the vault unbeknownst to her parent. The vault, which has a time lock closed, trapping the child inside."

Oh, dear God, shouldn't someone do a walk-through of the vault before shutting the door??? Poor little kid, I bet that was terrifying.

The news link says she was trapped in that vault for three hours!!
http://www.examiner.com/strange-new...freed-after-being-locked-bank-vault-for-hours

I bet grandma loses her job for this...

Maybe it's time to revisit that conversation on leashes for children.

This locksmith deserves a steak dinner! I was about to put this in "News that Makes You Smile". Love that search feature to help avoid double posts.

http://www.ajc.com/news/locksmith-frees-toddler-trapped-853501.html?cxtype=rss_news_81960

Police and firefighters were helpless, unable to reach the toddler who had walked into the open vault as the bank was closing for the day. Before the girl, whose name was not made available, could be found, an employee of the branch closed the vault.

The locksmith arrived to "a very tense scene," Wilson said.

The girl was fine, save for a soiled diaper. Before heading home, she delivered a note written by her grateful mother to the locksmith, Wilson said.

Ronald Snively, the locksmith, said he worked as fast as he could to free the toddler, who wailed louder whenever he ran his drill.

“It’s got to be very, very terrifying,” said Snively, whose Smyrna business specializes in opening vaults and safes.

“I’ve opened other vaults a couple of other times with people in them, but they were adults,” said Snively, of Powder Springs. “This was a child and you wanted to get the door open as quickly as possible.”

Several years ago, he said, he rescued an employee from a bank vault who had gone back into the money room shortly before closing to finish a chore. “While he was in there, another employee closed the door without checking. That’s usually how it happens,” he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back