GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

mommy23

There is no original thought....
Reaction score
I heard this on the news, and cannot get the article to load!!!! I have been having PC issues for a few days, so maybe it is just me :waitasec:

Very little info I think..... I gathered from the short news report that 6 yr old was missing first, then Mom was missing at a different time.... But I am not completely sure. Wish I could read the story!

Here is a link to the news site, and I will look for more in a bit.

http://www.kktv.com/

Found another story... Not much info at all!!! But seems very scary and suspicious to me IMO

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/search-for-missing-mother-and-child/

So, the child has been missing since "last week". They searched at that time, and again today, but didn't find him. They removed 9 other kids from the home.

Then yesterday, mom doesn't turn up for a meeting with social services.

It says she recently moved from North Carolina to Colorado. Maybe she gave him to someone last week and yesterday went to meet up with them?

Weird, I get the impression the child may have been missing from N.C. and they went looking for her to find him. Maybe a parental abduction? And now she is hiding. She may have been the custodial parent, but left N.C. without proper paperwork or something.

I am just speculating of course but it's confusing when another state is contacting her about her missing son and then takes 9 other children away from her.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17493490

Teller County authorities are searching for a woman who vanished after she was questioned about the whereabouts of her 6-year-old son, who is missing from North Carolina.

Vania Rae Sisk, 25, failed to show up for a child custody hearing Thursday in Woodland Park, Teller County sheriff's Sgt. Nick Olmsted said in a news release.

<modsnip>

Weird, I get the impression the child may have been missing from N.C. and they went looking for her to find him. Maybe a parental abduction? And now she is hiding. She may have been the custodial parent, but left N.C. without proper paperwork or something.

I am just speculating of course but it's confusing when another state is contacting her about her missing son and then takes 9 other children away from her.

You're right. Now that I read it again, it does sound like the 6-year-old went missing from North Carolina last week. So authorities went to Vania's home in Colorado to look for him. They didn't find him, but now Vania is missing too.

ETA: Nevermind. Thanks for the new article, krista!!!

9 other children were taken from this place ? WTheck is going on here ? A place harboring parents fleeing with their children ?

sisk_flyer.jpg

Boy that is odd. Sounds as if she took the boy from NC doesn't it? Custody hearing?? Maybe the 9 children were not all hers.
Why no alert??
Odd.
Hope they are both okay.

Vania has a MS page. On it, she has photos of all of her children. Only one child meets the age criteria. Since the child is missing, I think his name and photo should also be posted. However, the media has not released the name of the child.....so, I'm just not clear on if I can post the photo and name. The photo clearly states that he was 2 in 2007, so he would be 6 now and, again, he is the only child pictured who would be the correct age.

FYI: Vania's MAIDEN name is SISK
Her MARRIED name is misspelled in the release. It is actually HIGGANBOTHAN. An internet search or USSEARCH.com will validate my findings and provide other relatives (not posting their names here)
The father of the little boy who is missing has the boy's photo posted on his FB page. This is an old photo of the boy when he was 2 years old. Wonder when the father last saw his child. Wishing I could post the boys' photo so people in Durham and Teller could be on the lookout for him as well!

how many of the children are hers if she has photos of them on her myspace? she is only 25 surely she can not have 10 children

Wow this is very strange. I hope they are both doing well.

how many of the children are hers if she has photos of them on her myspace? she is only 25 surely she can not have 10 children

I certainly hope not.... but she could.

1 a year for 10 years... if she started at 14/15.

Or a set of twins in there.... maybe stepkids....

Oy oy oy....

What would make her run with ONE child and leave the others behind?

Are we sure that there wasn't foul play involved in the child's disappearance... and then the same person came back for Mom?

I guess a more likely scenario would be that something happened to the child in NC, they moved to Colorado to escape the situation and it followed them... so she panicked for fear of them finding out what happened to the child?

FYI: Vania's MAIDEN name is SISK
Her MARRIED name is misspelled in the release. It is actually HIGGANBOTHAN. An internet search or USSEARCH.com will validate my findings and provide other relatives (not posting their names here)
The father of the little boy who is missing has the boy's photo posted on his FB page. This is an old photo of the boy when he was 2 years old. Wonder when the father last saw his child. Wishing I could post the boys' photo so people in Durham and Teller could be on the lookout for him as well!

If Mom's myspace page has an outdated photo of the boy at age 2, and the dad's current FB page has an equally outdated photo of him, it makes me wonder when he actually went missing.

It's definitely possible that Vania gave birth to all 9 of those kids, but I wonder if she adopted/fostered any of them. With such outdated photos of the missing boy out there on social network sites, and nothing recent being shown in MSM, I'm reminded of that case in Florida where the little girl disappeared from the foster care system. She was missing for more than a year before social services realized she was gone. She completely fell through the cracks and dropped off their radar. Tragic case, but led to a huge overhaul of Florida's children services division.

I'm curious, between NC and CO, when was the last time this 6 yo boy was physically seen?

The florida girl who was gone for a year before she was noticed...

Rilya - Remember I Love You Always

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/02/18/gelles.florida.child.abuse/index.html?iref=allsearch

"North Carolina" just clicked in my head... and then I got sick to my stomach. Shaniya... Zahra...

This child came from North Carolina? Hasn't been seen since leaving there, or has he? They are not going to want another child protection black eye. If this child was in foster care or if this child had previous neglect/abuse reports. They are not going to want this to fall on them...

I hope that she just took off with her child. I hope it's as simple as that. I hope it is not a Shaniya Davis or Zahra Baker or Ethan Stacy type case...

I really wish they would release a photo of the boy. Perhaps they haven't because they don't have a recent one?

I wonder who he was living with in North Carolina? A foster family? Someone *other than* his mother reported him missing, so that makes me believe that others have seen him, up until he went missing last week.

Vania has a MS page. On it, she has photos of all of her children. Only one child meets the age criteria. Since the child is missing, I think his name and photo should also be posted. However, the media has not released the name of the child.....so, I'm just not clear on if I can post the photo and name. The photo clearly states that he was 2 in 2007, so he would be 6 now and, again, he is the only child pictured who would be the correct age.

I'm not seeing where there are photos of ten children?

from what I can glean, the mother has two boys, J & L

the other photos on her ms seem to be all of relatives, brothers, nieces, nephews ... maybe they all lived together and authorities decided the other kids weren't safe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back