Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomo

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what the consensus is on this.

In a recent article, it was mentioned that if the defense is going to pull the "accident covered up" and "ugly coping" theory, KC would have to take the stand to explain it away.

So, will she testify?

Casey will never take responsibility for anything as long as she can blame someone else so no she will never take the stand, even if it was to save her own life.
There was no accident. Ugly coping can only go so far. ICA's ugly coping started before Caylee's birth and continued after the murder. She ugly coped so well, her friends thought everything was normal.
That's not to say she won't have verbal outbursts during the trial, like when her Grandmother takes the stand, or TonE does but she'll never testify. Luckily for us all the jailhouse videos and phone calls, text messages, diary entries and myspace postings will testify for her.

No way - the prosecution will tear her to shreds! I don't think she'll say a word at her sentencing either....

MOO

Mel

no, she won't and that's going to be the pin that pops the defense's balloon. they're going to hint and suggest at an accident and they're going to try to blame anyone and everyone but without Casey's testimony all those things fall flat. And with her testimony she would seal her own fate. Either way Casey Anthony will be held accountable for the first time in her life.

Her reactions during all the other testimony will be very interesting as will the reactions of her parents.

I agree with Marshmallow. The defense can raise any scenario they want and hint at any accident they want. KC is not going to testify, no way and if I were a juror and heard the defense talking about an accident, my first thought would be, why isn't she telling us about it. An accident and 'snowballing afterward' will not work unless the jury hears about it from KC. AGH (ain't gonna happen!)

Ok I know I am one of the minority here but I do believe the defendant will take the stand.
The theory I have behind this is that the defendant has never been held accountable for anything. The defendant thinks she is smarter than everyone with her skill of being able to manipulate all with her lies. The defendant thinks that she is in control of her case and is reading up on the laws (a jail inmate/jail lawyer). The defendant thinks also that she is all that. The defendant is always seen shaking her head every time she is disgusted with what the SA's say in court. The defendant thinks too much imo. Just when she thinks she has won on the stand with her twisting of facts the SA's will come in and show her, tell her and instruct the jury exactly what the defendant is. imo Either way whether she takes the stand herself to spin her stories or not take the stand the case is going to end the same. jmo

She will NOT testify...that would be suicide if she did but I can see her being adamant to want to tell her side...the State will tear her to shreds..this would be a no win situation either way...if she does or doesn't testify, she's in a catch 22...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

From what I have seen guilty people don't ever testify.
They can't take the risk that the truth will be exposed.

I don't know...it could go either way for me.

Just when I think no way, I remember how she navigated the LE interviews, the perp walk, the press and her court appearances - bold and shameless. She never seemed scared or intimidated to me. Only once do I recall her flinching, i.e. the universal walk to her non existent desk, where her phone was stolen, and she made a report nine days ago to security. Utter nonsense, but she kept it up until she reaches the end of the hall where she could go no more. Even that didn't seem to phase her.

She appears to have no conscience at all. That is a certain type of personality and, she may completely believe, even when cornered, that she can "explain" it away.

Her defense team can’t stop her; they can only advise her not to do it.

From what I have seen guilty people don't ever testify.
They can't take the risk that the truth will be exposed.

Bobby Cutts took the stand to try to sell his "it was an accident" line of moo poo. It didn't fly.

While I would give my left big toe to see the inmate on the stand being ripped to shreds by JA or LDB, I think my toe will remain where it is.

I don't know...it could go either way for me.

Just when I think no way, I remember how she navigated the LE interviews, the perp walk, the press and her court appearances - bold and shameless. She never seemed scared or intimidated to me. Only once do I recall her flinching, i.e. the universal walk to her non existent desk, where her phone was stolen, and she made a report nine days ago to security. Utter nonsense, but she kept it up until she reaches the end of the hall where she could go no more. Even that didn't seem to phase her.

She appears to have no conscience at all. That is a certain type of personality, and she may completely believe, even when cornered, that she can "explain" it away.

Her defense team can’t stop her; they can only advise her not to do it.

I just had a vision of Baez leaping to his feet and telling her to "Zip it!" :floorlaugh:

I doubt she will take the stand, but I think her restless vanity, and her sneering, arrogant fabulism that ignores the fact she is the defendant in a horrible, capital murder case and instead has her apparently fantasising that she is an integral part of a winning legal team, and her cruel boredom with anyone else's suffering coupled with her heartfelt emotion for herself, and her written, texted, blogged, taped and tattooed words will testify, and testify very devastatingly.

My common sense tells me even KC isn't stupid enough to take the stand... but the cynical part of me reminds my common sense that KC is arrogant and she believes she is smarter than everyone else. She might likely believe she can talk her way out of the mess she is in. She has never been held responsible for anything in her life... why would she think this is any different?

So for me, I wouldn't be surprised either way. I would actually like to see her take the stand and watch the prosecution work their magic. Watching JA and LDB make KC twist and squirm on the stand just might be worth all the "frushtration" this case has caused since day 31.

JMHO

She will NEVER testify because in her own mind she is innocent of all charges, she will never admit guilt and the prosecution would have a field day with her!!

Mods is this is against the TOS rules for posting this please remove. Thank you

Last Tuesday a woman in Ocala, Marion County, Florida was sentenced to death. She had the same attitude as the defendant in this case. imo She took the stand in her defense. She was on tape admitting the crime to I believe her SIL(?) (can't remember). She was also astonished that the jury still convicted her 7 to 5 for death. She is now at Lowell awaiting her fate. mo

http://www.ocala.com/article/201102...39?Title=Death-sentence-for-Emilia-Carr&tc=ar

Ummm !! I don't know I still remember the cps worker visiting the home and ICA informed Cindy if I recall to hush that this was her chance to tell her story. And she sure seemed like the chatty kind with LE and then in the jail video she tells George and Cindy that she took their visit after JB had told her not too. Then we have her chats and notes to Robyn and Mya , I have always thought she would take the stand even if JB did not want her too. Just seems it is in her character to think she can talk her way out of something no matter what and I truly think she just likes to be heard!!!

I agree with P1569. ICA has a narcissistic flaw in that she wants everyone to believe what she believes. She believes she is innocent. I have a gut feeling that after sitting through countless hours of public/legal scrutiny, all the negative, bad things that will be said about her in open court.. she is going to be a ticking time bomb. She will want to tell HER side, how much she was the victim in all this. We've seen it numerous times from the minute this case hit the news. ICA has never backed down, no matter how sordid her tales got, she maintained each "lie" with a conviction.

It would be in her best interest to stay as far away from the stand as possible. Who knows, weirder things in this case have happened that left us all scratching our head. I wouldn't be surprised to see her up there though.

Recall in Brad Conway's Good Morning America interview, June 16, 2009 he made these statements:

"There's probably one person that knows the whole truth. That's Casey Anthony."

"It's a truth that should come out, Conway said, in the course of a trial during which Casey Anthony would likely take the stand in her own defense."

"In this matter, it's almost inconceivable that she wouldn't take the stand. I think based on Mr. Baez's assertions, she has to take the stand," Conway said.

Ok I know I am one of the minority here but I do believe the defendant will take the stand.
The theory I have behind this is that the defendant has never been held accountable for anything. The defendant thinks she is smarter than everyone with her skill of being able to manipulate all with her lies. The defendant thinks that she is in control of her case and is reading up on the laws (a jail inmate/jail lawyer). The defendant thinks also that she is all that. The defendant is always seen shaking her head every time she is disgusted with what the SA's say in court. The defendant thinks too much imo. Just when she thinks she has won on the stand with her twisting of facts the SA's will come in and show her, tell her and instruct the jury exactly what the defendant is. imo Either way whether she takes the stand herself to spin her stories or not take the stand the case is going to end the same. jmo

Well, actually she was found guilty of the check fraud charges with Amy's money, so won't this be the second time she will be held accountable? :waitasec:

Recall in Brad Conway's Good Morning America interview, June 16, 2009 he made these statements:

"There's probably one person that knows the whole truth. That's Casey Anthony."

"It's a truth that should come out, Conway said, in the course of a trial during which Casey Anthony would likely take the stand in her own defense."

"In this matter, it's almost inconceivable that she wouldn't take the stand. I think based on Mr. Baez's assertions, she has to take the stand," Conway said.

I remember that also Marina2, and thanks for bringing that up. However I'm pretty cynical about anything BC has to say, because we have heard complete rubbish from him in the past regarding anything to do with the Anthonys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine