MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Phylicia-Barnes-16-missing-baltimore-28Dec2010.jpg

Phylicia Barnes is from Monroe, North Carolina and was visiting the Baltimore area with her family when she was reported missing. Police believe she was abducted and suspect foul play.

Anyone with information about Barnes’ whereabouts is asked to call Baltimore's Missing Persons Unit at 443-984-7385.

If you have any information on this young girl, you are urged to call 1-800-843-5678,or the Baltimore Maryland City Police Department at 1-410-396-2525.

Added 'tipline' additional number which appears in numerous MSM articles:

The Baltimore Police Department is asking anyone with information on this case to call 855-223-0033.

her missing poster:
http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...seNum=1162921&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Previous threads:

Added info from Wednesday February 2nd, 2011 Baltimore LE presser:

We want people in the Bmore area to concentrate on that Tuesday. They may have seen something that makes no sense, that doesn’t seem significant to them, but in light of THIS, it may have significance to US .

BBM
I cannot agree with you more.

December 27th is the last definite date that parties OUTSIDE of the Bmore area spoke to/communicated with PB. This is a HUGE red flag, imo.

I'd be interested to know what time of day did PB contact her friends back in NC, normally. Did she call/Skype/text them routinely in the morning or would she wait until later in the day?

Imo, the answer could be more circumstantial evidence.

Based upon all of the data that is provided/available on the Internet, most of it which has been cited here on WS, here is my final THEORY:

-Something "accidental" happened to PB on the night of Dec. 27.

-A disposal, cover-up, and a "campaign" ensues.

-A case of circumstantial evidence high as the Chrysler building has been built, but LE is waiting on cell phone pings to confirm, and searching for physical evidence/remains. :(

-There will be more than one or two arrests made in this case, imo.

-Just as Internet predators and SO's are corralled
by agent provocateurs, I have a feeling that the guilty parties involved with PB's case are, too.

-Social Media will have a sizable role in the prosecution of this case.

-There will be OUTRAGE when the truth unfolds, and the grief over PB's loss will be compounded by the egregious actions taken by those closest to the case. :maddening:

My heart aches for PB's family, friends, and classmates that loved her, and only wanted the best for her. They absolutely deserve peace to their torment of not knowing.

JMO

Carried over from thread 4. I fully agree, other than I believe something happened on the 28th rather than the 27th as it has been verified that PB verbally spoke with her half sister(s) - at least DB on the 28th. AND DB has been fully cleared of any involvement in PB's disapperance by LE.

Also carried over from thread 4:

Apartment #101 is the left garden apartment with a sliding glass door facing parking spots. #102 and 103 face the steps and the laundry room is at the right side. The laundry door faces #101. I am not sure if it stays locked.

During one of the searches conducted by RB, he said that PB's scent ended at the end of the parking spots directly facing the apartment building. A Sun Reporter who was at thar same search said that the dogs were 2 bloodhounds. Neighbors said that a lot of people were outside walking or driving through Eberle Drive during the times in question. This is normal for that time of day. I can't imagine a stranger choosing that particular building and specific apartment to abduct anyone. RB said that DB's dog was in the apartment. I saw DB with her dog during the search. DB had recently moved out of the apartment during that search, but was picking up small items and making sure doors and windows were locked. The dog stares at people when they come close to it. During the search, no one went over to the dog to pet it. When DB put the dog in her car, I walked over to the car window with one of the Guardian Angels, but both of us hesitated and didn't even try to touch the car window.

The evening (6:10pm on Feb. 10th) that I went to the building to place flyers there were a lot of people walking by. Since the subway and bus stops are near the apartment complex, the residents there probably find it more convenient to use public transportation.

Thank you Sun48shine. This is important info imo for many reasons. It minimally confirms the location of the laundry room. MJ didn't have far to go, and I'd guess if he was back and forth from the apartment he was the one to unlock the door to the unit AND possibly propped open the laundry room door if the door has a lock. It tells me, if PB left and was abducted by a stranger - someone had to see this. It also tells me that some stranger had to have kept enough of a watch on the apartment to not only know when MJ left, but also to get into the or near the unit without the 'large number of people' in the area and have gone unnoticed. I find that VERY unlikely.

Again, we'd have to explain why MJ had enough concern to ensure KB didn't show up and to let PB sleep. I don't believe PB was fine when MJ left that apartment. I think whatever occured happened at or near the 12:30 time contact with PB abruptly ceased and it took MJ an hour to get PB out of the apartment and clean up whatever he needed to clean up.

LE needs to check those ping records and search wherever MJ's phone pinged that afternoon - IF his phone pinged. IMO, he could have been careful enough to leave his phone behind, possibly on a charger and gone wherever to dispose of her leaving the phone behind so he'd know LE could not trace his whereabouts that afternoon. Maybe not since MJ had to call LBC from somehwere and on some phone........ Can someone remind me/us what MJ posted on the Find PB facebook with regards to the 3:30 time LBC was supposed to have been back at the apartment? FWIW, I still think MJ is trying to throw LBC under the bus here........

JMO

Carrying over from thread 4.

Posted on Pray for PB facebook page:

February 28, 2011 marks the 2-month anniversary
of Phylicia's disappearance.
Reisterstown Square Apartments has graciously provided
a place for the community to show its support
for the continuing efforts to find her.

JOIN US AT 6:30 P.M. ON FEBRUARY 28, 2011 AT REISTERSTOWN SQUARE APARTMENTS
6609 Eberle Drive
Baltimore, MD, 21215

Flyer:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-Phylicia-Barnes/177767702243339?v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=1520673546203&set=o.177767702243339&theater

ETA:
And link to Find PB website announcement:
http://www.findphylicia.com/search-efforts/february-28-marks-the-2-month-anniversary-of-phylicias-disappearance/

Also carried over from thread 4:

Respectfully, crawling through dumpsters two months later is likely not going to help. I can't imagine any dumpsters haven't been picked up since Phylicia went missing. They need SAR volunteers with cadaver dogs if they are going to be searching dumpsters.

We STILL don't know if LE ever had cadaver dogs search the apartment and immediate area around the apartment.

JMO

http://unioncounty.wbtv.com/news/ne...nt-talks-about-trip-search-missing-teen/57726#

some snippets from the above article:

Homicide detectives and FBI agents traveled to Monroe, NC and visited Phylicia's high school, Union Academy, to speak with the teen's closest friends.
"We're talking to friends and associates that Phylicia hung around with, and corroborate some of the information we've gotten through interviews," Baltimore Police Spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said.
He added the meeting between police and the FBI would discuss the trip to North Carolina.
Guglielmi said once the weather breaks in Baltimore, investigators wanted to conduct at least one more wide scale search for clues or evidence.

and

Ben Thomas, a parent of a student at Union Academy drove 7 hours to Baltimore to help with the search efforts.
"I felt like there was something I could do, I had the ability leave the house," he said, "I felt like people that know the situation should be out of their comfort zone, and so I went to Baltimore."
Thomas said during his visit there were as many as 40 civilian volunteers helping search near the Reisterstown Square Apartments.

Also, according to the above article MJ is communicating with LE with his attorney present.

So MJ is speaking with LE, with his lawyer present...

After reading the article Cubby posted above, I had to wonder when that meeting with LE occurred, because that article was an update of previous articles. What was new info, and what was repeating old info?

So MJ is speaking with LE, with his lawyer present...

After reading the article Cubby posted above, I had to wonder when that meeting with LE occurred, because that article was an update of previous articles. What was new info, and what was repeating old info?

I thought the same.

Why would MJ have to talk to anyone if he has told everything he knows?
I think if I was innocent and had talked to LE a number of times, at some point, I would say "no more, I've told you everything I know." If he is still talking, maybe he has guilt to hide, wants to see where investigation is, or else is just totally innocent and as desperate to find Phylicia as her family is...but I would have taken a LD test right away too and we don't know if he did, do we?

As far as we know no one has taken a poly and the one DB offered to take through the PI who is donating his time on this case was cancelled at LE's request. (We are presuming LE wants to issue their own poly's with their own experts - but that is speculation with regards to why LE requested the poly DB offered to take be cancelled.)

I keep going back to the point where PB was taken. I go back to 9ish in the morning on the 28th. Just by chance LBC spends the night. Any other time, I'd think he would want to go and party with his family and friends. Maybe hang out and kick it with the gang. In this first part of the morning, we have PB encountering (MJ and his family member).

Then when 10-ish a.m. comes along, here again, we have PB encountering MJ for the second time that morning. PB only mentions MJ's name on her FB status.

Also, it was MJ who stuck around long enough to report PB's activity. Even with the phone contact, here again, we have MJ on the scene at the time phone communication was lost.

I thought about the over dose scenario but, I can't see MJ allowing himself to be used as the main pawn. He would never intentionally do that.

At 9-ish a.m. MJ picked up LBC from DB's apt. From there, he says he went to a relatives home to drop LBC off. Probably took a little amount of time to talk to his other family members who may have been at that home.

It seems to me that if MJ planned on moving that very day, why would he take his LBC home? LBC could help carry items that needed to be removed.

Out of ALL days to do laundry, when MJ knew PB was going to be at the apt alone. I wonder if he knew KB was getting off early before he got to the apt or was it, not until he returned, is when he over heard that KB was getting off early. Did KB truly get off early or were DB and PB just saying that to scare MJ off. That's the only logical explanation that I can come up with, why KB never stopped by the apt.

It seems more logical to me that while MJ was alone in the apt with PB, that he forced PB into leaving and getting into someones transportation. Perhaps MJ's family members were alerted once they saw what PB had posted on FB. It could also be that MJ convinced PB that everything was Okay and let him treat her to lunch (which I doubt).

Having said that, this means PB was/is still alive at the time of leaving the apt building. MJ would have wanted to take PB somewhere other than just drive around with PB for a long period of time. Where would MJ or his brothers go. Most likely not around a bunch of females. MJ probably wouldn't have any problem bringing PB around males or either somewhere alone with PB. LBC went back over to the apt for a reason. Probably other family members or friends might have met up. They had to go somewhere with PB. I see where there are different locations where the guys like to make music. jmo. Hope the phone pings work

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Two months ago, Baltimore police began the most intense missing person’s search in their history. But they say they’re at square one, with no sign of missing honor student Phylicia Barnes. Mike Hellgren has new insight from the head of homicide.

All the searches, the dozens of tips and hundreds of hours of investigation—none of it has turned up any sign of Barnes.

more here + video

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/02/28/police-no-sign-of-missing-teen/

POSTED: 5:40 pm EST February 28, 2011
UPDATED: 12:32 am EST March 1, 2011

BALTIMORE -- Monday marked two months since the disappearance of Phylicia Barnes, and police, her family and friends are trying to keep the case in the public eye by holding a vigil where she disappeared.
The Guardian Angels stood watch at the apartment complex as friends, family members and strangers filed into the vigil.

"It just amazes me that a girl can disappear (in) broad daylight in an apartment complex in the middle of the city and nobody knows anything," Guardian Angel member Marcus Dent said.

more here + video

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/27029351/detail.html

I keep going back to the point where PB was taken. I go back to 9ish in the morning on the 28th. Just by chance LBC spends the night. Any other time, I'd think he would want to go and party with his family and friends. Maybe hang out and kick it with the gang. In this first part of the morning, we have PB encountering (MJ and his family member).

Then when 10-ish a.m. comes along, here again, we have PB encountering MJ for the second time that morning. PB only mentions MJ's name on her FB status.

Also, it was MJ who stuck around long enough to report PB's activity. Even with the phone contact, here again, we have MJ on the scene at the time phone communication was lost.

I thought about the over dose scenario but, I can't see MJ allowing himself to be used as the main pawn. He would never intentionally do that.

At 9-ish a.m. MJ picked up LBC from DB's apt. From there, he says he went to a relatives home to drop LBC off. Probably took a little amount of time to talk to his other family members who may have been at that home.

It seems to me that if MJ planned on moving that very day, why would he take his LBC home? LBC could help carry items that needed to be removed.

Out of ALL days to do laundry, when MJ knew PB was going to be at the apt alone. I wonder if he knew KB was getting off early before he got to the apt or was it, not until he returned, is when he over heard that KB was getting off early. Did KB truly get off early or were DB and PB just saying that to scare MJ off. That's the only logical explanation that I can come up with, why KB never stopped by the apt.

It seems more logical to me that while MJ was alone in the apt with PB, that he forced PB into leaving and getting into someones transportation. Perhaps MJ's family members were alerted once they saw what PB had posted on FB. It could also be that MJ convinced PB that everything was Okay and let him treat her to lunch (which I doubt).

Having said that, this means PB was/is still alive at the time of leaving the apt building. MJ would have wanted to take PB somewhere other than just drive around with PB for a long period of time. Where would MJ or his brothers go. Most likely not around a bunch of females. MJ probably wouldn't have any problem bringing PB around males or either somewhere alone with PB. LBC went back over to the apt for a reason. Probably other family members or friends might have met up. They had to go somewhere with PB. I see where there are different locations where the guys like to make music. jmo. Hope the phone pings work

Thank you for reviewing the day. It helps to keep thinking about the facts.

I believe that LBC coming back to the apartment was an attempt at giving MJ an alibi. PB was there sleeping when he left, and she was gone when he returned, as LBC could verify. It's a thin, washed out excuse for an alibi, but I can see them coming up with it. Why? Because they had no respect for DB/KB, and thought they would "buy" whatever they said.

I keep coming back to the facebook snooping that PB allegedly did for DB. Why was this told to the press, and then never revisited?

I am concerned for the family's spirits. It sounds like LE is starting to back off and move on to other cases, and that concerns me. Is there any way that doing so would be done as a way to lure out the culprits? Make them feel falsely secure, and thus more likely to trip themselves up?

Other articles marking the 2 month anniversary of PB's disappearance:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/27027890/detail.html
On Eyewitness News today starting at 5 p.m., anchor Robyn McGlohn has a rare, personal glimpse into the daily world of Phylicia’s friends and classmates at Union Academy. She shows what they’re doing to keep this case in the spotlight and to remain hopeful that Phylicia will be found alive.

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/27029351/detail.html
Great video attached, with footage of Marcus (Guardian Angel), KB, DB, and Harry (Uncle).
Nothing in the video that isn't in the article, so I didn't need to transcribe.
My heart goes out to DB. She is clearly taking all of this very hard, indeed. She looks like a shell of the woman we first met in the media back in late December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member