New Years Eve (Party)

Personally, I don't think it was a NYE party to begin with. She had friends/family (don't know who cuz they're obviously gone now). Anyway, some people were over, and heck what an excuse to throw a hum-dinger right? So SA goes off and buys a couple cases of beer (but only has MAYBE 1, remember), and they turn on the television (but the were only watching the news, remember). And there was food n' stuff (what's stuff?) on the counter. And, um, er, but it wasn't a New Years Eve party.

However, IMHO, I do think it turned into one.

MOOOOO

Mel

How can it be that a mother can host a New Year's Eve party while her daughter is missing and have ANYONE even show up?

lol, she can get new couches and paint her living room too. IDK.

How can it be that a mother can host a New Year's Eve party while her daughter is missing and have ANYONE even show up?

Maybe they had it planned before Hailey went missing-- can't just up and cancel on a bevy of revelers. :rolleyes:

"Goes to state of mind, your Honor..."

IMO, any normal mother would be OUT of her mind after two days not knowing where her daughter was or whether she were safe, or indeed alive.

I don't know about Texas, but in Montana where I grew up, family and friends and neighbors would rally around and everybody would bring food and/or beverage. My family happens to be non-drinking but lots of folks weren't. Fire, funeral, somebody seriously ill in the hospital -- it's all met with people gathering with food and support. It looks like a party to outsiders but that's not what's going on.

Also, some people cope by trying to maintain the routine as much as possible. By trying to keep things "normal."

Note that I'm not saying what I think of this particular person, but the description of the non-party rings true to me.

As I recall, BD explained it as not a party. It was relatives who were coming to be with her and to be supportive of Billie as Hailey had gone missing. You know, like families do. Help & support each other in their hours of need. I think BD discussed this on NG's show early on. She said something like there wasn't alcohol but there might have been beer and SA might have had one.

All as I recall, per my flawed memory.
Not saying I agree with her explanation of what took place just relating the story as I heard it.

JMHO

If there was a couple of cases of beer brought into the home, why did she lie about how many were consumed?

She was concealing what went on, that's why there are suspicions. jmo

IIRC she told NG that she watched the ball drop.

Can't wait to another ball drop!

If there was a couple of cases of beer brought into the home, why did she lie about how many were consumed?

Yeah, I'm not saying this particular person is telling the whole truth, or even part of the truth. But the basic description of the party rings true. She may have taken advantage of that, I don't know. She may be aware that people are judging her over everything and feel like if she tells the truth, that *sounds* less believable than the lie. I don't know.

As I recall, BD explained it as not a party. It was relatives who were coming to be with her and to be supportive of Billie as Hailey had gone missing. You know, like families do. Help & support each other in their hours of need. I think BD discussed this on NG's show early on. She said something like there wasn't alcohol but there might have been beer and SA might have had one.

All as I recall, per my flawed memory.
Not saying I agree with her explanation of what took place just relating the story as I heard it.

JMHO

Clint Dunn said himself that he saw 2 cases of beer carried into the house (whilst watching the house from his back patio).

Bear with me, I'm going to take a page out of Scott Peterson's book, because I think the pattern of normalcy is quite the same.

Laci is reported missing, Christmas Eve, 2002.

The next day - the very next day, Scott is having a sit down Christmas dinner with family and friends. Here's a convo between NG and Sharon Rocha:

GRACE: ... Scott cooking pasta in the kitchen. And when the neighbor walks in -- and I know this for a fact -- he goes, White or red? You`re out pulling your hair out, trying to find your girl, on the phone with police, and he`s, White or red?

SHARON ROCHA: Actually, they had a sitdown Christmas dinner.

GRACE: That he cooked!

SHARON ROCHA: I don`t know who cooked it. I don`t know.

GRACE: It was pasta. It was tortellini.

SHARON ROCHA: No. No. He cooked that for the neighbor...

GRACE: Yes.

SHARON ROCHA: ... but they had their own sitdown dinner because she was asked to join them, and told him that she is not a meat eater, so...

GRACE: He made the pasta.

SHARON ROCHA: So she left and went home, and he called her up and said, I made tortellini. I found tortellini for you, so if you`d like to come back over...

IMHO Shawn Adkins has the same personality as Scott Peterson. He's already said in a televised interview that "he wants to get on with his life".

Why wasn't he out looking for Hailey on a busy New Years eve? Oh, sorry...he was buying beer and sitting around on the couch, or whatever they do.

Sorry, my opinion only!

Mel

Clint Dunn said himself that he saw SA carry in 2 cases of beer (whilst watching the house from his back patio). That's a concious decision to go out and buy alcohol on NYE.

Mel

RSBM

Just to clarify, I wasn't questioning CD's version of events that night. Was just trying to answer what I thought was a question about the NYE party ... from BD's statements.

all JMHO

At first Clint said it was not a party. Why would he say that if he really believed it to be a party and saw 2 cases of beer going in?

I dont think it was a party. The news does show the ball drop. My house looks like a party when my large family shows up and it is not. We dont even party but my neighbors always stare like they think something is going on. One family member brings a 12 pack of beer over everytime he comes but he drinks his 12 pack himself and he doesnt call it a party either. He just always has a 12 pack.

Families do support eachother when something happens but to call it a party is like saying everyone who attended did not care Hailey was missing. My family wouldnt party with me if my daughter was missing.

Clint Dunn said himself that he saw SA carry in 2 cases of beer (whilst watching the house from his back patio). That's a concious decision to go out and buy alcohol on NYE.

Respectfully snipped by me. I know Clint said he saw the beer being brought in, but I don't remember him saying SA brought it in. Do you have a link for this?

Personally, what I find ironic, was the fact that it was a Fri. eve. where were all the other family members to show support?
Why was Billie's mother not there and her grandmother?
Why was Shawn's mother and his grandmother not there?
Where were all the other relatives?
Fri. eve would have been a perfect time for relatives to show up for support of Billie and Shawn, in this time of need, where were all of the rest of the support group?

At first Clint said it was not a party. Why would he say that if he really believed it to be a party and saw 2 cases of beer going in?

Clint never said it wasn't a party. Clint said he didn't see a party. Big difference.

This was discussed and links posted before showing what Clint actually said. Let me know if you need help finding the links and I'd be happy to pull them up for you.

I would like to see the guest list..........and entertainment now........

Why was it anybody's business? If my daughter was missing you can bet I would consume a few beers and it wouldn't be for fun. But, that is just me.

Personally, what I find ironic, was the fact that it was a Fri. eve. where were all the other family members to show support?
Why was Billie's mother not there and her grandmother?
Why was Shawn's mother and his grandmother not there?
Where were all the other relatives?
Fri. eve would have been a perfect time for relatives to show up for support of Billie and Shawn, in this time of need, where were all of the rest of the support group?

How do we know who was there or not there. Is there a link someplace with the guest list? tia

Respectfully snipped by me. I know Clint said he saw the beer being brought in, but I don't remember him saying SA brought it in. Do you have a link for this?

Peter Hyatt, in an interview with CD, indicated

(Clint verified that 2 cases of beer were brought in)

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=189599337718905&topic=255

But Grace grilled her about the alleged “party” on her HLN show Wednesday night, and Dunn acknowledged that Adkins had a beer during the get-together. She said the group did not watch the ball fall in Times Square.

“We were watching the news,” she said.

She said she did not buy “street drugs” the night before she reported her daughter missing.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/hailey-dunns-mother-addresses-findings-affadavits/

I cannot find a link that directly states SA brought the beer into the home, so I will retract my statement.

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23