Both Garridos have made a full confession

Daisyjane

"All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're ov
Reaction score
http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/02/judge-denies-re-1.html

Phillip and Nancy Garrido made a "full confession" in the past month to the 1991 kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, one of the lawyers in the case said today. Stephen Tapson, Nancy Garrido's attorney, told reporters after a brief hearing today that Nancy Garrido sat near Dugard during an interview with sheriff's investigators in the past month as she confessed to being the one who snatched the then 11-year-old girl off an El Dorado County street.

Tapson said both Garridos told investigators everything about their actions in hopes that Nancy Garrido may someday be allowed to walk free .He added that the El Dorado County district attorney currently is offering Nancy Garrido a deal for a sentence of 241 years to life and that the offer to Phillip Garrido is more than 400 years. Tapson would not discuss whether Dugard and Nancy Garrido spoke, but he said he hoped Dugard would call him and explain whether she believes Nancy Garrido should spend the rest of her life behind bars.

He added that Nancy Garrido delivered both of the children Dugard had while being held captive and that the two young girls eventually looked upon her as a mother figure. The case was continued until March 17, when Phillip Garrido may enter a plea unless a plea deal is reached in the meantime.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/02/judge-denies-re-1.html#ixzz1FIVoEASJ

Thanks Daisyj. Here's another article. I'm glad they decided to confess. Jaycee doesn't need anymore. It's been long enough...

snipped:

Tapson said the defendants have not worked out a plea deal, but prosecutors have proposed sentencing Phillip Garrido to 440 years in prison and his wife to more than 241 years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20037470-504083.html

It looks like I got censored. Oh well, I have been siiting on that for a year and had to get it off my chest.

I think he is just using a very unfortunate euphemism for telling the whole truth.

It looks like I got censored. Oh well, I have been siiting on that for a year and had to get it off my chest.

I think he is just using a very unfortunate euphemism for telling the whole truth.

I hope so but I still wonder... At the beginning, there was talk of bodies - and I believe they dug for awhile on the property after Jaycee was found, didn't they?

You're probably right but I'm not totally sure on that one...

If there bodies to be uncover you would think that there would be some kind search!

I sent email to CBS asking what bodies. There was another little girl missing too.
I wonder if they talking about babies.

Quote: "No question about it – a full confession," he told reporters. "She's guilty obviously of kidnapping and a bunch of other charges, but I think based on what happened after all the stuff started to become the bizarre family that she... should be able to at least walk on the beach with a walker sometime before she dies." Endquote

Are they kidding? Walk on the beach? On a deserted island maybe! !@!$#@$%#%*^%)*&

ETA: And, and, and....I hope the whole island is made of a red ant hill!

a beach? seriously?

they should both be so far from the public that they have to have air piped in to them

I just heard about this and I am completely disgusted. There was no need for them to plead guilty for ANY type of lesser sentencing. They are BOTH guilty and there is enough evidence against both of them. WTH is going on with this? Nancy does not deserve any walk on the beach...is this a joke?

a beach? seriously?

they should both be so far from the public that they have to have air piped in to them

I just heard about this and I am completely disgusted. There was no need for them to plead guilty for ANY type of lesser sentencing. They are BOTH guilty and there is enough evidence against both of them. WTH is going on with this? Nancy does not deserve any walk on the beach...is this a joke?
I completely agree, after kidnapping and keeping Jaycee hostage for 18 years, Nancy doesn't deserve to ever see the beach again!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
If it weren't for Nancy, Jaycee wouldn't have had children with that monster and would have had her freedom to grow up to be a normal child not deprived of her family (even her motherhood), her friends, her education, medical treatment, a career of her choice...
I also find it extremely unbelievable that all Nancy did was kidnap her, she probably held her down for Garrido:sick::sick::sick:. Too bad Nancy won't have to endure that in prison!:banghead::furious::furious::furious:
It's disgusting to suggest that Jaycee would ever plead for Nancy.

I hope so but I still wonder... At the beginning, there was talk of bodies - and I believe they dug for awhile on the property after Jaycee was found, didn't they?

You're probably right but I'm not totally sure on that one...

In the beginning, just after Jaycee and her daughters were found, detectives dug up the property next door to the Garridos property. Phillip had been caretaker for the elderly neighbor's property and there was information, I believe from other neighbors, that Phillip had dug on the neighbor's property. Nothing was found in those searches.

But, there's a number of unsolved disappearances of children in the same age bracket as Jaycee when she was kidnapped, and many from the same general area as the Garrido home. It's very possible that the Garridos were involved in the disappearance of other children.

I think the attorney was using an expression meaning to tell all, but at the same time, there are other unresolved missing children cases.

Not only is Nancy Garrido the one who kidnapped Jaycee, but if at any time during Jaycee's captivity she had regrets about kidnapping Jaycee, Nancy could have facilitated Jaycee's escape.

During that 18 years that Jaycee was held in captivity, there was a time when Philip Garrido served a few months in jail on another charge. Nancy Garrido was left in charge and she could have done something then to help Jaycee escape..............but didn't.

Maybe we are talking about semantics here-Philip is pleading down to 400 years and Nancy to 200+, right?

Maybe we are talking about semantics here-Philip is pleading down to 400 years and Nancy to 200+, right?
Yes, but also from the same article: "Jaycee, please talk," he said in a direct plea for leniency.
and..."She was their mother. She delivered the kids. She fed them, took them places," Tapson said. "She's guilty, obviously, of kidnapping and a bunch of other charges, (but) she should at least be able to walk the beach with a walker at some time."

Yeah, even if she only serves a third of her sentence, that will work out to what....66 years???

But it also leaves open this option..... once she gets old and feeble, requiring nursing home care and added medical expenses, they can kick her out of prison and leave it to herself to find care. That's something to look forward to right? For that reason I don't really mind the sentence.

I wonder now if maybe Michaela mom will now get a chance to talk to them. I know she has not been allowed to till this was resovled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back