Website
www.facebook.com
richardson_michelle.jpg
richardson_michelle_ap.jpg

Missing Since: May 1, 1989 from Palestine, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 11, 1972
Height and Weight: 5'6, 160 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Red/blonde hair, blue eyes. Richardson has a U-shaped scar on her left arm. She occasionally wears eyeglasses.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A pink and white pullover sweatshirt, pink jogging pants and black tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance

Richardson was last seen at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Highway 322 in Palestine, Texas on May 1, 1989. She was walking to meet her brother at the time of her disappearance. Richardson never arrived at her destination and has not been seen again.

Richardson gave birth six weeks prior to her disappearance. She did not take any of her personal belongings with her when she vanished. Foul play is suspected in Richardson's case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Anderson County Sheriff's Department
903-729-6068
OR
Texas Department Of Public Safety

800-346-3243

14159361_BG5.jpg
14159361_BG2.jpg

Posted: Feb 28, 2011 8:51 PM CST
Updated: Mar 01, 2011 7:40 AM CST

PALESTINE, TX (KLTV)- It'll be 22 years this May since a 16-year-old East Texas girl went for a walk and never returned. Michelle Richardson was last seen near her Palestine home on FM 322 in May 1989. Investigators believe that she disappeared on that same busy highway.

"She just went walking and she was gone," said Linda Richardson, Michelle's mother. "Until this day I still don't know what happened. I would like to know what happened to her. We all would."

"She goes for a walk and just disappears off the face of the earth," said Joe Willis, original investigator.

Michelle Richardson was last seen walking down a busy highway on May 1, 1989. Her mother, Linda, watched her walk away.

more here + video

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14159361

I live in Palestine... I have been looking at Michelle's case for years...

The issue may be that we are right next to Davy Crockett National Forest. I think it's like 250 square miles, crazy thick woods and little creeks everywhere. I think it is very possible that Michelle met with foul play and could be very near where she went missing and still may never be brought home.

This breaks my heart.

Bump for just a few days over 27 years gone but not forgotten by some of us.

The first post says she gave birth six weeks before her disappearance. I wonder the circumstances of that child.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So, I know it would be a long shot, but I was just watching a Cayleigh Elise YouTube and thought that Sheridan County Jane Doe might be a match for our Michelle...
The time period is close and the stats match...

I can’t find where Michelle was ever excluded from the pool...

MRichardson.jpg
MRichardson2.jpg
MRichardson3.jpg
MRichardson1.jpg

Left: Richardson, circa 1989; Right: Age-progressed image of Richardson at age 30 (circa 2002)

Name:
Michelle Lee Richardson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 1, 1989
Location Last Seen: Palestine, Anderson County, Texas
Date of Birth: November 11, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on one arm; Glasses on occasion; stocky build; TX Missing states Michelle's hair color is Blonde.
Clothing: Pink & white sweatshirt, pink jogging pants, black tennis shoes.

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Details of Disappearance
Michelle was last seen at approximately 5:30 p.m. on Highway 322 in Palestine, Texas on May 1, 1989. She had told her mother she was going for a short walk. Her younger brother usually walked with her, but that day he stayed behind. Five minutes later he left the house and tried to catch up with his sister, but he couldn't find her.

When Michelle didn't return home after 20 minutes, her mother sent someone out to look for her, but she was nowhere to be found. She has never been heard from again.

She left behind all her belongings, including her clothing and purse. She had a baby son and her loved ones don't believe she would have abandoned him. Foul play is suspected in Michelle's case.

6 Unidentified Person Exclusions

UP6580 07/22/1990 Clarion PA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP6665 05/14/2007 Petersburg VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

There is little information about her... <modsnip> Was she going to school or was she studying? Her son must be about 30 years old, he grew up without his mother... a 16-year-old teenager... I don't think so but it could also be that he escaped. We don't know what was going through his mind at that moment. Maybe he kept everything to himself... lack of sleep could be because money was tight...
either way
rest in peace

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the notation seen on the picture
displayed at this (previously posted) media report:
VANISHED: Michelle Lee Richardson
the place she was last seen was in Palestine on
S Sycamore St (FM 322) near its intersection in our
current time with Trinity Court.
('Farm to Market' road 322 in/about Palestine should
not be confused with TX State Highway 322 {SH 322},
as SH322 is a totally different road).