Don't think twice: Dylan muse Suze Rotolo dead at 67

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Bob Dylan's 'muse' Suze Rotolo dies aged 67
The one time muse and ex girlfriend of singing legend Bob Dylan has died at the age of 67.

Suze Rotolo was 17 years old when she began dating Dylan in 1961, and was famously photographed with the icon on the cover of his 1963 album 'The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan'.
---
Miss Rotolo is also thought to be the muse behind some of Dylan's early love songs, including 'Don't Think Twice, It's All Right,' 'Boots of Spanish Leather' and 'Tomorrow Is a Long Time'.

In the song Don't Think Twice, It's All Right, he wrote: 'I once loved a woman, a child I'm told/I gave her my heart, but she wanted my soul.'

Miss Rotolo was born on Nov. 20, 1943, in Brooklyn and grew up in Sunnyside and Jackson Heights, Queens.
---
Speaking about Rotolo in his 1994 memoir Chronicles: Volume 1, Dylan said: 'Right from the start I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

'She was the most erotic thing I’d ever seen. She was fair skinned and golden haired, full-blood Italian.

'We started talking and my head started to spin. Cupid’s arrow had whistled past my ears before, but this time it hit me in the heart and the weight of it dragged me overboard.'
---

much more, with pics, at Daily Mail link above

Telegraph obit

Guardian obit

the album cover

Thank you for sharing this news wfgodot, I have always enjoyed Bob Dylan's music and never knew that Suze Rotolo was his inspiration during that time.

I'm not surprised he fell in love with Suze, she is just beautiful in her photos of her early days with Dylan! May she rest in peace.

BTW, a friend of my husband calls me his "muse". I never asked him why. But I guess it's an honor... :innocent:

He spent some time with Joan Baez too.

Yes Logger, Dylan & Baez, Oh how I remember this song below, sung by Joan Baez, I loved it way back then...
[video=youtube;nnS9M03F-fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnS9M03F-fA&feature=related[/video]

RIP Suze Rotolo...

And since Joan Baez was mentioned, I can't help but bring up the definitive Joan Baez song written for Dylan, Diamonds and Rust. I have always adored this song. The lyrics are so haunting. I literally get goose bumps every time I hear this song.

[video=youtube;KtQh0EBbPwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtQh0EBbPwo[/video]

RIP Suze Rotolo, I loved that iconic album cover. What a good life she led

I remember the album cover very well too.. my brother graduated from high school in 1963 and I remember him and the neighbor guy coming home with the record and showing it to me. I was only 10 and thought it was so cool!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back