MO - Man Breaks Into Hotel Room And Attacks Girl

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Are we safe anywhere? This not a no tell motel this family was satying in. It was The Ritz Carlton in Clayton, Missouri.

42 year old Daniel Hughes from PA was staying at the Ritz on business. He told the desk he lost his room key, but gave the incorrect room number. Although there was a chain on the door he broke in and sexually attacked a girl sleeping on the couch. She alerted her family who were in a seperate room and they gave chase.

Are you kidding me? How the he*l do you go giving the wrong key out to anyone? How do you become so perverted you break a chain on a door and attack a child?

Poor kid. Terrifying. Truly terrifying. Prayers for this little girl and her family.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/03/06/child-sex-attack-at-clayton-hotel/

I read the article a number of times and it doesn't seem as this was premeditated. I wonder if he wasn't high or drunk and pushed in the chain as he was in a rage.

OK, you break into what you think is your own fancy hotel room. Got it.

But then you molest a child you find sleeping there? There were three little girls sleeping in that room. No doubt they'll all be traumatized for life. Poor little girls.

What a monster.

This is very strange. One of two things are going on here IMO.

1- The man was high/drunk/not in his right mind and thought it was his room and busted in. Once in the room, the man must have thought it was quite normal to find a child (or small framed woman) in bed he could abuse after the no was stated? is he married? does he have kids? does he molest them as he did this girl, and that's why he thought he was in the right room?

or

2-Premeditated or not, he knew it wasn't his room and did whatever he wanted with whoever was inside.

Thanks for bringing the case to the boards. Such a sad, horrific crime :(

This is so disturbing. And one thing that really disturbs me is the desk clerk just giving the guy a key. WTF??? He wasn't even registered, he was staying with a guest.

http://www.kmov.com/news/crime/Man-...l-room-molests-9-year-old-girl-117494639.html
"The guy was intoxicated and he thought it was a female friend of his roommate and that everything would be ok. He didn't realize the age of the girl." (Not sure I can believe this...)

She was NINE! Not 17 (not that her being 17 would be any better). and He sodomized her for crying out loud!!! All of those children are going ot need professional help. Those poor babies.
If he thought she was a friend of the roommates, why not go for the older girls???

Nope!Not buying the bull he's selling!!!

FWIW, the article did state that the desk clerk "has resigned".

I'm not buying the story either, unless this man frequently entered hotel rooms where young and/or very petite women were "waiting" for him. And if that's the case, I'd like to know more. I have five daughters and three granddaughters. The vast majority of nine year olds are fully pre-pubescent. Any man would know the difference between a 9 year old and an 18 year old. Give me a break. Even a dead drunk would literally levitate off a bed if he thought he'd just gotten into bed with a 9 year old child.

Personally, I'd like to see this young lady end up owning that particular hotel.

This is so disturbing. And one thing that really disturbs me is the desk clerk just giving the guy a key. WTF??? He wasn't even registered, he was staying with a guest.

Rosie he was a guest. He had been staying at a different hotel for the week prior. Convention. He and a buddy stayed on and went to The Ritz. I'm not excusing him. The fact he kicked in the door got me a lil freaked. The chain was on.

Our paper gave more information today. I'll get the link. The usual neighbors all shocked and mouths agape. Nice guy. helpful. Who ain't?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/117567998.html

I cannot imagine the child reacting to his advances like a "lady friend". Period. I"m not buying it. so his friends randomly chain doors to keep him out and he busts them down? this is such bull.

If he didn't molest that little girl then why is he being charged. I understand that there was a mix up with the rooms, but what about the charges. Must be something to it.

If he didn't molest that little girl then why is he being charged. I understand that there was a mix up with the rooms, but what about the charges. Must be something to it.

He did sexually assault her U. He got under the covers with her and assaulted her.

It seems like the mix-up with the key and all is having people go "WTH?" Hey, he could have been planning that. We have no idea. How do we know he hadn't seen those girls earlier and took his drunk self in there? Asking for a key while half lit ain't going to exempt him IMO.

Poor little girl.

Ya know what? This is an article I'd like to show some of the people who over the years looked at myself, my brothers, my DD, and my nephews like we are nuts when we take drawers out of bureaus at hotels and rig the door.

We've taken to bringing door jams with us. Some of us have pulled a piece of furniture up and put it against the doors or those adjoining doors.

Yeah we've done it in some not so nice places, and some fairly decent places, but you really get the look in a lovely Five Starer when you're searching for something to rig that door with.:D

Too da*n bad. Force of habit from my mom. Nobody was kicking her lousey chain in. A woman alone with three kids at the seashore? Mom always had it covered. So do we.;););););)

We were at the crowne plaza 2 weekends ago and lugged the table in the room from 1 end to the other and pushed it against the door!!!!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_f2b395ac-4080-597f-9cac-5fb54fdf8771.html

[Now 45 y/o Defendant]
"Hughes was in town for training by his employer, Enterprise Fleet Management, from which he has since been fired. There is no dispute that he entered the wrong hotel room after a night of drinking, having obtained its key in a desk clerk’s error." BBM

40+y/o man did not realize he was in bed w 9 y/o girl?
The Ritz Carlton?

Once again, human (hotel front desk employee) interface w technology (creating key access to hotel room) results in error w horrific consequences?

Will be reading more on this.
JM2cts and I could be wrong. :seeya:

ETA: I said 'rape'
MSM said: "...center of the Ritz-Carlton molestation case."

Someone please tell me or figure out how I can block this entire subforum for awhile? I can't take any more crimes against children... this past few days have been horrifying......sigh

I could maybe see him being told one room # and getting the key to another room, then going back to the desk after it didn't work, or I guess passing out drunk in the hallway after failing to open the door. But this?

"You're in room such-and-such.. here is the key to said room, for which there should only be back-up copies and a very distinct indication of occupation.."

Too coincidental IMO for someone with the predisposition to rape a 9 year-old to somehow end up in a room with one after bypassing what is normally a series of secure barriers. You don't get drunk and realize you can do that. You get drunk and do it again or finally do it after wanting to for a while. Again JMO. Can't handle this.. and probably going to second guess that hotel chain from now on.

Wonder if he and the desk clerk had any previous interactions.

The girl’s family has sued the Ritz-Carlton Hotel chain and this hotel’s owner, Maritz, Wolff & Co., seeking more than $5 million. Hughes and Enterprise had been named as defendants but were later dropped.

why would they drop suit against the defendant?

It seems like too big of a coincidence that out of the all the rooms in the hotel, he just happened to get the key for the one with three young girls in it. And not just that, but one where the parents are on a different floor, not adjoining where the door could be opened. On the other hand, if you were looking for a victim, the one who is staying in a room with no adults would be perfect.

The girl’s family has sued the Ritz-Carlton Hotel chain and this hotel’s owner, Maritz, Wolff & Co., seeking more than $5 million. Hughes and Enterprise had been named as defendants but were later dropped.

why would they drop suit against the defendant?

As I understand it, girl & parents dropped Hughes & his employer (Enterprise, the reason he was at hotel, for corp. training or meeting) as defendants--- shallow $ pockets, but continue civil suit against the Ritz Carlton chain and owner of this location --- w deep $$$ pockets.
There could be factors other than $$$$; I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back