GUILTY TX - Charles Hanberry for child *advertiser censored*, San Antonio, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
I checked and we don't seem to have a thread on this former teacher. So checking out genealogy sites leads to looking at child *advertiser censored*? That's a new one. I've spent an awful lot of time on genealogy sites and never once had that inclination nor have I ever seen an invitation to scoot on over there to that "dark place". I'm afraid that the guy could have blamed it on eating almonds or wearing brown shoes.

I'm pleased he's going to be paying his own way but curious about the monthly cost quoted. Surely, it's higher than that. And if the judge was so horridly offended, why didn't he go for the max?

And yes, note the interest in torture and bestiality. It seems to be a slippery slope.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-child-*advertiser censored*-case-1042344.php

Former teacher sentenced in child *advertiser censored* case

"How could you? A bewildered Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery asked the question Friday of a former Northside Independent School District teacher and JROTC instructor who pleaded guilty to distributing child *advertiser censored*.
Charles Lynn Hanberry, 65, also admitted chatting online with others while making explicit references about what he did sexually to four girls, one as young as 3. The judge sentenced Hanberry to 12 years — but not the 20-year maximum that Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy Thompson sought. Biery also ordered Hanberry to spend a lifetime of federal supervision upon release.

Hanberry, who gets about $4,000 a month in retirement and pension benefits, also was ordered to pay for his own imprisonment. Biery said it costs the government about $2,000 a month to house a prisoner. After retiring from a 20-year Air Force career with the rank of master sergeant, Hanberry taught at NISD from 1988 to 2008..."

and

"...he struggled to explain what triggered his interest in children being raped or involved in bestiality, apologizing for his “grave” conduct. He said he was at a very lonely point in his life when he began researching his ancestry on genealogy websites. That led him to adult *advertiser censored* sites, and then to “a dark place....”

More at link

LOL at making him pay for his own imprisonment. I guess he won't be saving too much money while in prison.

I need to do some checking but I don't think the figure that the judge quoted is nearly high enough. Maybe it's the most they can charge a prisoner but I believe the total taxpayer burden is far higher each month. Our son stayed at the Oregon State Hospital for a year 12 years ago and again 7 years ago and the cost was almost $10,000 month.

Residential teen facilities are running between $6000-12,000 month right now. And these are the most basic facilities with no frills.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back