GUILTY FL - Paul Blair for sexual assault of children, Pomona Park, 2011

Dr.Fessel

Reaction score
Ex-officer admits to molesting hundreds

By Julie Martin
Published: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:03 AM EST
A former Crescent City police officer admitted to a judge Tuesday that he was a pedophile and molested hundreds of children.

Sixty-year-old Pomona Park resident Paul Joseph Blair confessed to a lifetime of sexually abusing children during a dramatic hearing at the Putnam County Courthouse in Palatka.

"I've been a pedophile my whole life," Blair said. "In my lifetime, I've probably molested 200-300 girls."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2011/03/09/news/news01.txt

Oh and he only got 25 years. Same as Misty Croslin got for selling a few pills.
Same court.

Here is his mugshot http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=760837&IMG=61198

Ex-officer admits to molesting hundreds

By Julie Martin
Published: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:03 AM EST
A former Crescent City police officer admitted to a judge Tuesday that he was a pedophile and molested hundreds of children.

Sixty-year-old Pomona Park resident Paul Joseph Blair confessed to a lifetime of sexually abusing children during a dramatic hearing at the Putnam County Courthouse in Palatka.

"I've been a pedophile my whole life," Blair said. "In my lifetime, I've probably molested 200-300 girls."

Oh and he only got 25 years. Same as Misty Croslin got for selling a few pills.
Same court.

Here is his mugshot http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=760837&IMG=61198

Geez. That's just SO WRONG...on MANY levels.

Geez. That's just SO WRONG...on MANY levels.

Well, from the article...

According to Christensen, Blair has a life-threatening illness, which the judge said was taken into account when determining the length of his prison sentence.

"Because he does has a sickness that possibly will not let him spend out his entire sentence, that has been taken into consideration by the state and their recommendation that he has accepted is for 25 years in prison for each of the two counts," Christensen said. "That's what I will abide by."

So in essence he got life.

Well, heck, this along with the sentence and his admission would be enough to console the victims, right?
------------------------------------------------------------------

During the hearing, Christensen commended the bravery of those who spoke out.

"Your words were very articulate, very heartfelt and very sad," she said.

I have not heard of this before now but I would have liked the article to have included dates off the offenses. The years he served etc.

How was a police officer able to molest 200-300 little girls and not get caught. There had to be rumors. How is Putnam county supposed to find a missing child when they missed 200-300 victims? Did they overlook rumors and warning signs on purpose?
I am so angry.

He should have STILL been given a life sentence. He will die in prison whether or not he gets 25 years or life.. so why not give the appropriate sentence in all fairness to his victims? Why go easy on him because he has a life threatening illness? Who really cares? Many lifers already incarcerated have terminal illnesses.. should their sentences be reduced? They are moved to medical prisons and are still in custody until they die. The time must fit the crime...no matter what, IMO. Justice is served for the victims knowing he was given life, even if he'll die within 25 years. ALL lifers die in prison at some point.. what's different here?

And let's not forget he was a police officer, so he should have gotten even worse than a regular civilian.

He should have STILL been given a life sentence. He will die in prison whether or not he gets 25 years or life.. so why not give the appropriate sentence in all fairness to his victims? Why go easy on him because he has a life threatening illness? Who really cares? Many lifers already incarcerated have terminal illnesses.. should their sentences be reduced? They are moved to medical prisons and are still in custody until they die. The time must fit the crime...no matter what, IMO. Justice is served for the victims knowing he was given life, even if he'll die within 25 years. ALL lifers die in prison at some point.. what's different here?

That I don't know. I was not saying that it was fair at all. I was just pointing out that there was more info in the article.

I hope he is in general population, me bad.........

That I don't know. I was not saying that it was fair at all. I was just pointing out that there was more info in the article.

200-300 victims? How about the death penalty? Sounds good to me.

And let's not forget he was a police officer, so he should have gotten even worse than a regular civilian.
The very reason the judge probably went easy on him... the boys club.

uummmm - Putnam county? ummmm - how old (or what was the general age) of his victims? uummmmm - did Haleigh Cummings name come up? Did this guy know or know of RC and MC? Was this guy a part of the investigation?

uuuuuummmmmmmmmm..........................hhhhhhmmmmmmmm

curiouser and curiouser

A 'heartfelt' apology? 200-300 victims and the judge felt it was a 'heartfelt' apology? Nonsense.

The very reason the judge probably went easy on him... the boys club.

Sadly, the good ol boy network is alive and well in parts of the south.

I came back to this thread because I thought maybe I seemed like I was callous. I am not, it is that there are rules here against describing just how one would like to mete out their own brand of justice.

I am livid, trust me. I am just not getting my points across well today.

The judge said the victim statements were heartfelt to her.

OK, so what?

Wonder if this guy worked under or with Merchant! :waitasec:

Just sayin'.....................

A 'heartfelt' apology? 200-300 victims and the judge felt it was a 'heartfelt' apology? Nonsense.
Too late to edit my post.. I misread the article. The judge was referring to the victims who spoke out as heartfelt, not the perp. Sorry.

During the hearing, Christensen commended the bravery of those who spoke out.

"Your words were very articulate, very heartfelt and very sad," she said.

I feel his health should have nothing to do with what he should be sentenced. I think the victims need to feel that justice is on their side not the other way around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back