2011.03.02 - 03 - George Anthony's testimony Part II

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
I am just rewatching GA's testimony from todays hearing and have to say that he was very combative to LDB for no reason whatsoever other than personal. He said repeatedly that he would agree with her so-far. When she asks him about the procedures of checking in with the dispatch and the officers making reports, he says he agrees if you can trust the one doing the reporting. When she is questioning him about the deputies that arrived, and how they were in their uniforms and in their patrol cars as would be expected, and asks if he was surprised to see them at his home, he says no, that he wanted as much help as possible to find Caylee. LDB says you would have been glad to have 2000 deputies there, and GA uses this to jump onto the NO-AMBER-ALERT soapbox and then tells her that she opened the door! I hope HHJP was taking notes of how hostile he was towards the state. I am appalled at his actions. Thoughts?

The first thread is under review. In the meantime, go ahead and discuss as per the OP. Please stay off FB as it's off topic and don't post names of people who aren't named in the MSM.

Just read the OP and discuss that if you'd like. :tyou:

:blushing: Thank you back Kimster!!!!!!

ITA chefmom!!! I wonder if JA might be a better prosecutor to deal with GA at trial. LDB did a phenomenal job but I detected a rage against women in GA's testimony and she shouldn't be subjected to that again....unless it's to be part of the SAOs trial strategy.

I think George is under stress because he is lying and LDB has a very good and logical mind, she finds it easy to expose his inconsistencies and he resents her for it.
She is making him look foolish in front of everyone and when forced to confront the picture she is painting of him, feels ashamed and guilty. I think he fears her and is aggressively defensive, I think it's going to cause a big problem for George during the trial when the gloves come off.

I said this in the other thread about George's testimony. George isn't combative or even the least bit aggitated when the defense questions him because they are leading him into the lies he is so comfortable with.

The reason he acts the way he does with LDB is because he is having the truth slapped in his face and one thing we have all learned from the Anthony family, is they hate to be confronted with the truth... they hate being lead towards the truth. Truth is like poison to them.

I said this in the other thread about George's testimony. George isn't combative or even the least bit aggitated when the defense questions him because they are leading him into the lies he is so comfortable with.

The reason he acts the way he does with LDB is because he is having the truth slapped in his face and one thing we have all learned from the Anthony family, is they hate to be confronted with the truth... they hate being lead towards the truth. Truth is like poison to them.

It is-They are scared to death to confront even the smallest issues in their lives truthfully, let alone these massive issues. GA is worried LDB is going to make him say the magic words, "my daughter killed my granddaughter." He is running from a ghost if you ask me, LDB is never going to get him to say that. But he's losing it with the prospect of having to speak that truth.

As you wrote, GA, CA, KC-they all lie-They get themselves so far into a hole, they are ashamed to tell the truth and they flee from it. Someone, somewhere in that family has learned that if they tell the truth, they will face relentless shaming. Lie, and you avoid shame and guilt. Don't know if it's CA's dysfunction or GA's, but one of their kids definately kept that cycle going.

ETA-Keeping track of how many non-murder-related things GA has lied about in his interviews? He never told CA about the Nigerian fraud, if it ever happened. Never told CA about his intents to have a frank talk with LE about KC, never presented the truth about KC to CA at all-I am sure he lied to CA about the *advertiser censored* by omission, and then there's the emotional turned could-be physical relationship with River. Told two different stories about ZFG, told two different stories about the last time he saw Caylee, etc, etc.

ITA chefmom!!! I wonder if JA might be a better prosecutor to deal with GA at trial. LDB did a phenomenal job but I detected a rage against women in GA's testimony and she shouldn't be subjected to that again....unless it's to be part of the SAOs trial strategy.
I don't know that the male prosecutor would make a difference. To me this hearing was a lite version of the same demeanor he displayed at the ZFG hearing where he had two male attorneys questioning him. Playing the petulant patriarch seems to be George's m.o. when questions about Casey's actions are asked.

The first thread is under review. In the meantime, go ahead and discuss as per the OP. Please stay off FB as it's off topic and don't post names of people who aren't named in the MSM.

:truce: :truce: :truce: :truce:

I don't know that the male prosecutor would make a difference. To me this hearing was a lite version of the same demeanor he displayed at the ZFG hearing where he had two male attorneys questioning him. Playing the petulant patriarch seems to be George's m.o. when questions about Casey's actions are asked.

Very true! I'd forgotten about that. He was also pretty petulant with BP.
I hope his lawyer ripped him apart afterwards. It appeared the As had been seriously coached before giving their testimony last week and it must be really frustrating to watch all your pro-bono work implode on the witness stand.
Petulant Patriarch :floorlaugh: You should copyright that!!! It's the most perfect description ever lol!!

It is-They are scared to death to confront even the smallest issues in their lives truthfully, let alone these massive issues. GA is worried LDB is going to make him say the magic words, "my daughter killed my granddaughter." He is running from a ghost if you ask me, LDB is never going to get him to say that. But he's losing it with the prospect of having to speak that truth.

As you wrote, GA, CA, KC-they all lie-They get themselves so far into a hole, they are ashamed to tell the truth and they flee from it. Someone, somewhere in that family has learned that if they tell the truth, they will face relentless shaming. Lie, and you avoid shame and guilt. Don't know if it's CA's dysfunction or GA's, but one of their kids definately kept that cycle going.

ETA-Keeping track of how many non-murder-related things GA has lied about in his interviews? He never told CA about the Nigerian fraud, if it ever happened. Never told CA about his intents to have a frank talk with LE about KC, never presented the truth about KC to CA at all-I am sure he lied to CA about the *advertiser censored* by omission, and then there's the emotional turned could-be physical relationship with River. Told two different stories about ZFG, told two different stories about the last time he saw Caylee, etc, etc.

I so agree. But by evading the truth, hesitating to answer and then not being spontaneous in his return will lead people to believe GA is not telling the truth. Answering questions honestly does not require 5 or 6 seconds of forethought. You either know the truth or you don't. If you have to pull it out from the back of your brain, or make it up, it may not be consistent with the truth. GA reflects that on us, we can see it just watching the videos. The jury is going to see it in real time and see actions, demeanor, ticks that we do not see once the camera pans away from him. They will have the whole picture...sights, sounds, actions and reactions. What one misses, another one of the jurors will catch.

The truth is always safe when you have to testify. The A's have not learned that or they are making a poor showing of what they believe is the truth. Does anyone think CM was talking about the A's lying on the stand???? They do not have to testify because we have their written statements and statments on video. So what good would it do for defense to trash them, unless it is for the penalty phase????

Anyone think SA will play CA's video interviews with LE and FBI about what her feelings are on who is the real ZFG?

Also we really do not know what GA did or did not tell CA. They lie so much that just because GA claims not to have not told her we really do not know for sure. There is not much GA does NOT tell her. I think she knew about River and I think she knew about the money. I believe GA and CA have an open marriage. You do your thing, I'll do mine as CA clearly tells her mother they are together for financial reasons. Observing CA in videos when she is around an attractive male she is very affectionate to them. Could be just the way she is because some people are genuinely like that. But it does not fit with the lying. It does not fit with telling Tim M he stole money from a donation jar with his and Caylee's name on it. JH, PI's observations of the closeness between CA and DC. The fact that CA admits to her daughter that DC is her best friend (when you would think under the conditions that would be your husband at that point in time and under those circumstances). Also the fact that the revelation of the whole RC affair, CA did not bat an eye.

They are together to serve a purpose and once that issue is resolved they will be left with each other and a home that is no longer a home, broken beyond repair. jmo

What is FB?

I so agree. But by evading the truth, hesitating to answer and then not being spontaneous in his return will lead people to believe GA is not telling the truth. Answering questions honestly does not require 5 or 6 seconds of forethought. You either know the truth or you don't. If you have to pull it out from the back of your brain, or make it up, it may not be consistent with the truth. GA reflects that on us, we can see it just watching the videos. The jury is going to see it in real time and see actions, demeanor, ticks that we do not see once the camera pans away from him. They will have the whole picture...sights, sounds, actions and reactions. What one misses, another one of the jurors will catch.

The truth is always safe when you have to testify. The A's have not learned that or they are making a poor showing of what they believe is the truth. Does anyone think CM was talking about the A's lying on the stand???? They do not have to testify because we have their written statements and statments on video. So what good would it do for defense to trash them, unless it is for the penalty phase????

Anyone think SA will play CA's video interviews with LE and FBI about what her feelings are on who is the real ZFG?

Also we really do not know what GA did or did not tell CA. They lie so much that just because GA claims not to have not told her we really do not know for sure. There is not much GA does NOT tell her. I think she knew about River and I think she knew about the money. I believe GA and CA have an open marriage. You do your thing, I'll do mine as CA clearly tells her mother they are together for financial reasons. Observing CA in videos when she is around an attractive male she is very affectionate to them. Could be just the way she is because some people are genuinely like that. But it does not fit with the lying. It does not fit with telling Tim M he stole money from a donation jar with his and Caylee's name on it. JH, PI's observations of the closeness between CA and DC. The fact that CA admits to her daughter that DC is her best friend (when you would think under the conditions that would be your husband at that point in time and under those circumstances). Also the fact that the revelation of the whole RC affair, CA did not bat an eye.

They are together to serve a purpose and once that issue is resolved they will be left with each other and a home that is no longer a home, broken beyond repair. jmo

To me it looked like by the time WE heard about it CA didn't bat an eye. However, as far as timing - wasn't CA mid clutch with DC while GA was slipping around for $$ from River? This was all before Caylee's little body was found.

I think it was that George had the "bigger" stick than CA did if and when they argued about it. Meaning it looked to me like the relationship CA had with DC was longer and more public than old George sneaking over to River while driving his "have you seen Caylee" sign.

And we believe CA isn't particularly proud to have her or the family's dirty laundry aired in public, don't we?

Sorry to be so lame, lol, but does anyone have a link to GA's testimony?? It was the only one I could not find...

Thanks bunches!!

Go back and read GA's depo. He goes nuts on JA and imo JA handled it really well. I kept waiting for JA to rip him a new one but he didn't. IMO JA will show sympathy to the A's during the trial in front of a jury. I expect he will be downright vicious towards Casey. This man has continuously impressed me. He's been at it a long time and knows what he's doing. That was the first real turn around for me concerning George. I personally thought it was worse than the depo with Morgan because that is a civil case opposed to criminal against Casey. George shows no respect whatsoever for the SA's or LE now.

Go back and read GA's depo. He goes nuts on JA and imo JA handled it really well. I kept waiting for JA to rip him a new one but he didn't. IMO JA will show sympathy to the A's during the trial in front of a jury. I expect he will be downright vicious towards Casey. This man has continuously impressed me. He's been at it a long time and knows what he's doing. That was the first real turn around for me concerning George. I personally thought it was worse than the depo with Morgan because that is a civil case opposed to criminal against Casey. George shows no respect whatsoever for the SA's or LE now.

I think JA just wants George's testimony, not be the one questioning him if and when George explodes and has to be hauled out of court by the bailiffs.

Although I believe JA must be a bit tempted to "let him have it" he is after all the consummate professional....

To me it looked like by the time WE heard about it CA didn't bat an eye. However, as far as timing - wasn't CA mid clutch with DC while GA was slipping around for $$ from River? This was all before Caylee's little body was found.

I think it was that George had the "bigger" stick than CA did if and when they argued about it. Meaning it looked to me like the relationship CA had with DC was longer and more public than old George sneaking over to River while driving his "have you seen Caylee" sign.

And we believe CA isn't particularly proud to have her or the family's dirty laundry aired in public, don't we?

Your post made me think of Scott Peterson taking flyers for Laci and he was caught sitting in a parking lot or doing other things instead of posting them. IIRC he trashed some and others were in his car trunk never distributed. That evidence was presented at his trial.

We've speculated so much on when Cindy knew but now you have me wondering about George. We know he was kept out of the loop a lot. Was the kidfinders thing all for show? I think it was.

Having reviewed the hearings and reflected on what we've seen in previous court appearances, I think LDB and JA are playing "good cop"/"bad cop" respectively. (Sorry Yuri, I know you don't like this analogy!)

Blanket disclaimer--what follows is IMO ONLY:

LDB's courtroom persona is relentlessly logical yet compassionate. She brooks no disrespect but handles it by referring to HHJP, making clear that she is a straight player who will go to the ref rather than engage in a "personal" dispute. She is a cat playing with a mouse. She gets in excellent subtle jabs when it suits her. She has a better poker face than JA.

JA's courtroom persona is relentlessly logical yet passionate. He brooks no disrespect but seems more confrontational and may let an exchange between himself and a witness go on longer than LDB might. He is a tiger going after prey (his "prey" being justice for Caylee). Physically, he is more expressive than LDB.

Please note I respect both these lawyers deeply and know that they are focused with laser precision on being the voice for Caylee who cannot speak for herself. I think together they make a dynamic and powerful team.

As for GA, when he is on the stand, LDB should examine him. Her style is the yang to GA's yin. Whereas JA and GA would clash, when LDB is doing the questioning and GA gets overwrought, she will be fluid, refer to the referee, and let GA expose himself for what he is. And the jury will glean much valuable information from those moments.

Having reviewed the hearings and reflected on what we've seen in previous court appearances, I think LDB and JA are playing "good cop"/"bad cop" respectively. (Sorry Yuri, I know you don't like this analogy!)

Blanket disclaimer--what follows is IMO ONLY:

LDB's courtroom persona is relentlessly logical yet compassionate. She brooks no disrespect but handles it by referring to HHJP, making clear that she is a straight player who will go to the ref rather than engage in a "personal" dispute. She is a cat playing with a mouse. She gets in excellent subtle jabs when it suits her. She has a better poker face than JA.

JA's courtroom persona is relentlessly logical yet passionate. He brooks no disrespect but seems more confrontational and may let an exchange between himself and a witness go on longer than LDB might. He is a tiger going after prey (his "prey" being justice for Caylee). Physically, he is more expressive than LDB.

Please note I respect both these lawyers deeply and know that they are focused with laser precision on being the voice for Caylee who cannot speak for herself. I think together they make a dynamic and powerful team.

As for GA, when he is on the stand, LDB should examine him. Her style is the yang to GA's yin. Whereas JA and GA would clash, when LDB is doing the questioning and GA gets overwrought, she will be fluid, refer to the referee, and let GA expose himself for what he is. And the jury will glean much valuable information from those moments.

And, again, when GA goes after LDB during questioning when she has asked her question in a soft-spoken tone and GA returns his answer in a slightly raised, antagonistic voice his testimony immediately becomes suspect in the minds of those listening. The exact opposite reaction he would like to present to the court. GA is being disrespectful to an officer of the court who just happens to be a non-aggressive woman. LDB is assertive, but never aggressive. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back