CO CO - Edward, 9, & Austin Bryant, 7, Colorado Springs, 2001-2003

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Colorado authorities have launched a search for two young boys who have been unaccounted for for up to 10 years.
Colorado Springs sheriff's spokeswoman Lari Sevene said Wednesday the boys' adoptive parents were in Texas and are now in the El Paso County jail on $1 million bail each.
Fifty-eight-year-old Edward Bryant and 54-year-old Linda Bryant haven't been charged in the disappearances of Austin Eugene Bryant and Edward Dylan Bryant.
Austin may have disappeared as early as 2003, when he was 7, and Edward may have disappeared in 2001, when he was 9.

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/10/authorities-search-texas-couples-kids-missing-10-years/

I was JUST about to post this. I can't believe they've been missing 10 years and authorities just now know about this. It completely baffles me.

Found the answer to my question:

Public records indicate Linda Bryant last lived in Gainesville, Texas and Edward Bryant last lived in Denton, Texas. The two towns are about 32 miles apart, via Interstate 35.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27140034/detail.html

If they were separated, there may be a better chance that one will snitch on the other.

Why wasn't the older boy checked on when they adopted the younger? Sounds like he has already been missing for two years when they adopted again. If they adopted these kids to murder them, how sick and evil!! But the second adoption should have never taken place without a check up and review of school records of the first!

"Through interviews with other family members, detectives discovered there was a second child in the family who is also unaccounted for named Edward Bryant. No missing persons report has ever been filed with the Sheriff's Office or surrounding law enforcement agencies for these two children. "

And these family members never asked about the children all these years? But if they were in a different location, the family could have been lied to. It sounds like they may have had 5 boys altogether and two disappeared. If so, were the others natural or adopted?

Oh my goodness. This is not going to turn out well. Bless these boys hearts. :( JMHO

I feel for the ones who gave these boys up for adoption, possibly trying to give them a better life. :(

In this article -

"I take it from his brother's conversation that he and his wife had adopted a lot of kids over the years," said Edward Bryant's neighbor Tom Downey. "I mean like six or eight of them."

Was it just for the money? They need to go back over all the adoption records for these two perps, even aliases if they have any.

I remember this - it was on the news a while ago - that this little boy was missing but had never been reported...or am i confusing it with another child? I recall that the people said he "ran away" it may have been another little boy with glasses? I am so sad. This is terrible, I wonder if the "parents" will confess to where these children are

I am just flabberghasted that cases like this continue to come to light.

These people were receiveing financial subsidies from DHS in El Paso County for all these years, and never once was there any sort of checks and balances that required them to proove up the children still were in there care??? I am assuming that they adopted these boys through the foster system or the boys had some sort of disability that qualified them for the subsidies. So in all these 10 years, complete with residence moves, out of state even, and apparently a separation - NO one, ever once questioned where are these children we are writing you checks for??

I agree peeples, it is all too familiar lately.

There is already a thread in the missing discussion section on this case.....perhaps they should be merged??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back