REMINDER! Daylight Saving Time Starts This Sunday

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Daylight Saving Time in the United States starts this Sunday, March 13, at 2am. That means we will "spring forward" one hour, at that time. (And lose an hour's sleep before church, lol.)

Thanks for the reminder!!! (Although, I'm not very happy about the change.)

Trivia: We don't observe DST here in HI. I never knew that until this year. :)

Trivia: We don't observe DST here in HI. I never knew that until this year. :)

Were you the only people changing your clocks before this year? lol!

Indiana did not recognize it until a couple years ago. I like the extra daylight at the end of the day.

Tonight is also a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, to make sure they are fresh!

I like it the say it is. I feel like I'm sleeping in every day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates changing to daylight savings time! I have to leave for work early and right now it's light out.......not so Monday! Also, when the weather gets hot in the summer, it would be nice not to have that extra hour of daylight (and heat) when trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour!
:maddening:

Ugh. I never mind gaining that hour but I always hate giving it back. lol.

Hee Heee:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Since I suffer from "Sometimers Disease", I have ALREADY turned my clocks forward..I got caught once a few years ago..NEVER AGAIN!!!..

I dont mind this clocks forward, clocks back..even working shift work we worked it out..come in early (half Hour) and vise Versa...LOL..I Love team work :great:

Im ready to wake up to sunlight finally!!! :woohoo:

Hee Heee:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Since I suffer from "Sometimers Disease", I have ALREADY turned my clocks forward..I got caught once a few years ago..NEVER AGAIN!!!..

I dont mind this clocks forward, clocks back..even working shift work we worked it out..come in early (half Hour) and vise Versa...LOL..I Love team work :great:

Im ready to wake up to sunlight finally!!! :woohoo:
BBM

You must sleep during the day! :D

BBM

You must sleep during the day! :D

:floorlaugh:..Nope no sleepin during daylight :floorlaugh: tho back<> not too long ago I HAD TOO (night shifter)..But my biggest problem (NOW) is, I wish I could teach my ailing Furbaby to wake up in light..He seems to be riled up at night..and sleeps all day!! :floorlaugh:...

Ohhh well!! Life is cruel sometimes :rocker:

:floorlaugh:..Nope no sleepin during daylight :floorlaugh: tho back<> not too long ago I HAD TOO (night shifter)..But my biggest problem (NOW) is, I wish I could teach my ailing Furbaby to wake up in light..He seems to be riled up at night..and sleeps all day!! :floorlaugh:...

Praying for your ailing furbaby!

I have a houseful of felines who fortunately sleep during the day while I'm at work (instead of getting into too much mischief :D) and most also sleep at night. I'll just see what time they want me to get up tomorrow morning!!

I'm sorry your baby isn't feeling well :( and hope he gets better soon!

I have a houseful of felines who fortunately sleep during the day while I'm at work (instead of getting into too much mischief :D) and most also sleep at night. I'll just see what time they want me to get up tomorrow morning!!

I'm sorry your baby isn't feeling well :( and hope he gets better soon!

:gthanks:

Awee thanks panthera..but believe MY furbaby ( Jack Russel) isnt going quietly..I thought he was a goner about year and half ago..but he is hangin in there!! I will surely miss him terribly..but I have to constantly remind myself of that when he has me up at 2AM 4AM 6AM...and when the birds start churping..He just goes "Na Na" under a comforter for the rest of the day.. Anyway..Sun gone down now its 850 here now..and he has already started to get restless..LOL..been downstairs,out to backyard..but that aint enough...whoospey..Under Comforter he goes now:floorlaugh:..Wont last long

Hee Hee...Griffey has Cancer, and a whole boatload of issues...BUT I LOVE HIM DEARLY and yes I :praying: for him alot!!

You are so nice to consider my furbaby..TY

I am anti-DST and strongly resent being robbed of an hour that I'll have to wait seven months to retrieve. And it takes me a full week to become acclimated to the time change. The clock says 6:30 a.m., but my body says nooooo...it's only 5:30 a.m.

But that's not my only objection. The days are long and hot down south during the summer. I look forward to nightfall when the house finally cools down a bit. Maintaining a comfortable temperature during that extra hour in the evening to cook and perform other routine activities requires more energy consumption. The whole thing is counter intuitive, if you ask me. :twocents:

Everything worked just fine the way Mother Nature set it up. So why'd we have to go and mess with it? It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. :snooty:

:gthanks:

Awee thanks panthera..but believe MY furbaby ( Jack Russel) isnt going quietly..I thought he was a goner about year and half ago..but he is hangin in there!! I will surely miss him terribly..but I have to constantly remind myself of that when he has me up at 2AM 4AM 6AM...and when the birds start churping..He just goes "Na Na" under a comforter for the rest of the day.. Anyway..Sun gone down now its 850 here now..and he has already started to get restless..LOL..been downstairs,out to backyard..but that aint enough...whoospey..Under Comforter he goes now:floorlaugh:..Wont last long

Hee Hee...Griffey has Cancer, and a whole boatload of issues...BUT I LOVE HIM DEARLY and yes I :praying: for him alot!!

You are so nice to consider my furbaby..TY
You're most welcome! Honestly I've never heard of a dog behaving that way (it's usually cats who prowl around at night), however I'm sure you're thankful he's around as disturbing as his sleep patterns may be. :hug: I'm afraid my cats will want to stay up tomorrow night longer than I intend to since it will be getting dark an hour later. Oh how fun it is when summer comes........:cat:

Going to make my rounds now and reset some of the clocks before I forget!

I am anti-DST and strongly resent being robbed of an hour that I'll have to wait seven months to retrieve. And it takes me a full week to become acclimated to the time change. The clock says 6:30 a.m., but my body says nooooo...it's only 5:30 a.m.

But that's not my only objection. The days are long and hot down south during the summer. I look forward to nightfall when the house finally cools down a bit. Maintaining a comfortable temperature during that extra hour in the evening to cook and perform other routine activities requires more energy consumption. The whole thing is counter intuitive, if you ask me. :twocents:

Everything worked just fine the way Mother Nature set it up. So why'd we have to go and mess with it? It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. :snooty:
I couldn't agree more, especially about the hot summer! I don't see the point either if the purpose is to conserve energy. And in the summer, having that extra hour of daylight does mean it takes longer to "cool down" and also less sleep. I also will now need more lights on inside the house in the morning, so it doesn't save anything! :waitasec:

You're most welcome! Honestly I've never heard of a dog behaving that way (it's usually cats who prowl around at night), however I'm sure you're thankful he's around as disturbing as his sleep patterns may be. :hug: I'm afraid my cats will want to stay up tomorrow night longer than I intend to since it will be getting dark an hour later. Oh how fun it is when summer comes........:cat:

Going to make my rounds now and reset some of the clocks before I forget!

I realize this may be abit off topic ( sorry mods) but this furbaby is rather demanding..and he doesnt prowl like cats do ( lucky you) he sits on floor beside my bed and hummms (VERY LOUDLY) and IF that doesnt work he jumps on bed and HUMMMS Really LOUD!! and pushes me on my leg!!...I was flabberghasted years ago..when he started this..but ya have to understand Jack Russell's to know how determined :rocker:THEY ARE!!...I really dont know how he will adjust to the time change..but dont think it will matter much to him (he's going into his 14th year!!)...Maybe we are too much alike :floorlaugh: Creatures of Habit :waitasec:

BTW.. GOOD you are Changing those clocks NOW..or you may be late for something tomorrow..Hee like I was some years ago :doh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back