GUILTY CT - Lisa Aviles, 31, & Damien Stone, 4 mos, murdered, New Milford, 22 Sept 2004

OMG - this is horrifying! I wonder if it is a total stranger or someone involved with the woman?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW MILFORD, Conn. (AP) -- A woman and baby boy -- his body still strapped in a stroller -- were found stabbed to death in a park along the Housatonic River in western Connecticut, state police said. The bodies were found Tuesday night along a walking trail in Addis Park by two fishermen, police said. The baby, about six to nine months old, was in his stroller; the woman's body was found nearby.

Witnesses reported hearing screams for help, police said.

Autopsies Wednesday showed both victims died of multiple stab wounds. Their names were not immediately released pending notification of the family.

The discovery set off a hunt Wednesday with dog teams, all-terrain vehicles and an inflatable boat. Off-duty officers were called to the scene and state troopers from several barracks were aiding the investigation.

why do i have the awful premonition that this is an angry guy not wanting to pay child support thing? if it's a deranged random wacko that would make more "sense". but my sixth sense is telling me something here.

I hope they find the psychotic SOB and FRY him/her....
Why in the H E double hockey sticks would you do that to a poor defensless baby ?? I think DL could be right... I would think killing of the baby has got to be some type of crime opf passion - could be a child support issue or a custody type thing.. "IF I cant have him,no one will..."
Sick A$$ !!

OMGosh, this is just horrid. I pray they find the animal who did such a thing. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Casshew said:
Witnesses reported hearing screams for help, police said.
And no one found her until night because..... :confused: If the witnesses who heard the screams were the fishermen who found her, it might make sense, but then they should have heard someone running away, too... you'd think.

Moved to tears by the deadly stabbings of a mother and her child, a Superior Court judge sent a 30-year-old New Milford man to prison for the rest of his life .

Stone will spend the rest of his life in prison for fatally stabbing his girlfriend, Lisa Aviles, 31, and their 4-month-old baby, Damien Stone, in September at Lovers Leap State Park in New Milford.

When Gill adjourned court after the sentencing, he took the unusual step of walking up to the distraught family members of the victims and shaking their hands. That rarely happens in a courtroom, where judges try to be seen as impartial.
http://news.newstimeslive.com/story.php?id=75003&category=Local

How fortunate this family was to get a judge like this one. Most judges sit up there on their throne stone faced like they don't have any feelings. I guess they think that is their role. It makes me feel good that this judge had no problem showing or voicing his feelings. I know that God will bless him.

We need more judges like him. A judge has to be pretty impartial I agree. But they have to be humans too.

I put money on the attorney for the other side, if an appeal is filed, that the lawyer will indicate that the judge was not impartial. A judge has to appear impartial, not only in his action but his words, everything........

But I am glad that he "expressed" his sympathy for the family of the victims.......

I think it is OK to acknowledge horrific crime and ask your community to do the same. We are not talking about politicians and the ways and means, we are talking about people involved in horrific circumstances. Some people never come forward....this is a circumstance that lets people say 'Hey this is bothering me' and it shouldn't be acceptable and we will prosecute. What a difference this could make! More offenders would be off the streets and less a threat if only someone would open the door. Kudos to this judge....the bench doesn't sit well if it is a revolving door.

Well from a legal standpoint, the judge's bahaviour can be a cause of a judicial complaint and grounds for appeal.

So how would the public feel, if the offender has the opportunity to be tried again, even though he was found guilty, a new panel of a jury, all of the court costs, trial cost and cost to the public for the new trial and appeal.

That would far outweight the public's "need for a expression" of sympathy.

A Judge has to be impartial, without any "inappropriate expression of sympathy" or bias, conflict of interest, or caring either way how a case turns out.

If the judge "hugged" and showed sympathy toward the victim's family, then it can be argued that all through the trial he was not impartial because he cared and could have influenced the outcome of a trial.

Even one small off handed comment by a Judge can sink a trial or be ground for appeal..........

I see what you are saying CyberLaw.
But I guess what we are saying is that we are very tired of judges being so impartial, and being so aware of the perp's rights- that they seem to ignore the public's rights, the victim's and the victim's families rights. For once a judge acknowleged that he was human and had feelings, he acknowleged sorrow for the victim and the victim's family, and most of all- he acknowleged that the crime was atrocious and deserving of a maximum period of incarceration. This judge actually acknowleged that there was a victim, there was a family, and there was grief. Maybe there might have been a more appropriate way to do that. But I am glad to see that finally a judge did acknowlege the families pain. I am glad that was taken into consideration. And I hope that while that won't resolve their grief, at least maybe it will ease them a little.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Tearful-judge-gives-killer-life-in-prison-63648.php

Tearful judge gives killer life in prison

News-Times, The (Danbury, CT), Karen Ali THE NEWS-TIMES

Published 01:00 a.m., Saturday, October 1, 2005

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/news/artic...killer-life-in-prison-63648.php#ixzz1PJysGhZW

Stone will spend the rest of his life in prison for fatally stabbing his girlfriend, Lisa Aviles, 31, and their 4-month-old baby, Damien Stone, in September at Lovers Leap State Park in New Milford.

Good article. Please note date of thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back